MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
TK

Walk around an airliner

ha ha ha..thats y pilot is soO interesting..:) many thinks its an easy-too easy job. Ah pek oso can manage. But hey, the system is Just and fair.

Try fLight sim lah. Times that by cost factor,perfection, smooth landingS, boredom, divide by stewardess, going Places, salary.. see what u get :p my one Cent

Those who says being a pilot is easy has never been a pilot themselves.

whatever people say, i say thank u to all our pilots who get us off and back on the ground in one piece.....

Those who says being a pilot is easy has never been a pilot themselves.

They THOUGHT it is easy! but maybe they DONT DARE or ..... :lol:

OOPS..OFF-TOPIC again..Sorry Mods..

Edited by Min Chun

I reread the posting above in order to find out how not to wonder off from this topic...So when i read LeeCh post on the speed, "SIN-KUL vv sector, speed is always a commander discretion"

i was attracted to the word COMMANDER.

It reminds me about Capt Tony, and he was telling young pilots about baeing a commander. For the military Commander is the rank of a captain, used to be obtained after a few years of service. A commander is a man of respect, a decision maker and usually a man of age.

ok.Lets walk around the airliner again...

Ah Pek can manage an aircraft.... :angry:

So to say, these Ah Pek has gone through training, on a small planes.

Then study all the books of aero wonders and so on.

Then this Ah Pek had to go through test...flight test.

Then he might get his PPL...then this Ah pek is so happy.

He then continue his training process....Then another test in mind in the future...not to forget the aero Books of wonders....This Ah Pek now knows what cloud in the sky and he knows how the weather works.

He then found out the weather is sometimes a friend and can be an enemy to aero plane and aero port.

Then Ah Pek is enjoying flying again....gaining his hours...still on a small plane!

Then Ah Pek had to learn to fly with instrument...not visual...and he had to do a test again...

Ah Pek pass his lessons....He is a Happy man again...now he has Instrument rating....Now Ah Pek can fly on instrument, he can fly inside the weather he had learnt....he fly in good and BAD weather!!

He look left and look right...make decision...the right one even Ah Pek is not a commander yet...

Ah pek is so happy to learn and fly...many many flights Ah pek do in the small planes....now he is in trouble...too many flights and too much to pay for personal flying...

Then Ah Pek saw this....PILOTS WANTED for LOW LOW down to earth airline...

Ah Pek go for interview...he got a JOB.

Now Ah Pek is an airline Pilot....wohoo so happy.

Now Ah Pek fly with 'commander'....Ah Pek now got a friend whenever he flies...no longer Look left and right alone...nor make his own decision...Now Ah Pek discuss on all decision with "commander" and sometimes, things work well and sometimes NOT :huh:

So, This Ah Pek,,, touch buttons, press this and that...push left and right....pull forward and back...

So Ah Pek, suddenly realise...."wah so easy one to fly mah...."........ B)

so This Ah Pek is now a happier man...one day...Ah Pek says..." one day ah, i be one commander"...

Like Captain Future... :p

I dont know if this Ah Pek exist...but to me, i think this Ah Pek gone through his flying life just like me.

So Not many Ah Pek out there can do what i did....Thanks to Ah Pek....i got myself a flying life.

Just had a few drinks with Ah Pek...he say hello to Malaysianwings. :)

Ah Pek can manage an aircraft.... :angry:

So to say, these Ah Pek has gone through training, on a small planes.

Then study all the books of aero wonders and so on.

Then this Ah Pek had to go through test...flight test.

Then he might get his PPL...then this Ah pek is so happy.

He then continue his training process....Then another test in mind in the future...not to forget the aero Books of wonders....This Ah Pek now knows what cloud in the sky and he knows how the weather works.

He then found out the weather is sometimes a friend and can be an enemy to aero plane and aero port.

This "Ah Pek" had to study WEATHER already BEFORE obtaining his PPL :blink: ;)

Ah Pek also learn how to navigate via a map, computer and landmarks...before PPL ..

next time dont just say any Ah Pek can fly... <_>

Yaya..like what Radzi said. :angry:

Not every Ah Pek can fly..Only Ah Pek with potential and aspiring Ah Pek with potential can fly!

cruising time depends how high he flies.

Let say KUL-SIN at 5000 feet....more cruising time. But cannot do like that la...

This is the trick...and it is a question to all...not to You Radzi and LeeCH (sorry, you know the answer)

example a pilots flies at 23,000 feet.

How many miles do you think that he/she (the pilot) would have to start their descend....??

Let say KUL-SIN at 5000 feet....more cruising time. But cannot do like that la...

This is the trick...and it is a question to all...not to You Radzi and LeeCH (sorry, you know the answer)

How many miles do you think that he/she (the pilot) would have to start their descend....??

Now I know after done some googling,

Beginning Descent=Altitute in feet * 3 and ignore the zeros at the back.

23,000 feet=23 * 3
Start Descend=69 Miles#

The speed you fly also determinds your cruising time and descend distant. Therefore if you flying at 120kts you'll get long time to cruise to SIN and descend pretty late. Above 3/4 of tambak Johor and you still crusing :p :lol: There's nose down degree and Airport beyond DME to count somemore so not all Ah Pek get to fly A380 from KUL to SIN by set here, set there and then crosslegs and sit back and relax. :p

Edited by Adrian M

ha ha ha..thats y pilot is soO interesting.. :) many thinks its an easy-too easy job. Ah pek oso can manage. But hey, the system is Just and fair.

:rolleyes: they (the group old man) thinks they also can do it (fly).. ah pek = old man..

alamak.i think my post stirrup lah... :huh: add some intonation in2 it yeah.

how to count it, TK?

anyway, i got a simple question which i can't find it at form 6 physics reference books, 1 feet= how many metre?, 1 inch = how many cm? 1 foot=???

sorry for my ignorance, hopes some1 can help me ;)

Edited by Tze Shan

how to count it, TK?

anyway, i got a simple question which i can't find it at form 6 physics reference books, 1 feet= how many metre?, 1 inch = how many cm? 1 foot=???

sorry for my ignorance, hopes some1 can help me ;)

feet to metre ..multioly by0.3048

inch to cm multiply by 2.5400

1 foot = 1 kaki = 1 leg :p

Not sure what was ur question for the one foot ;)

true..and some ppl say....pilots job is the most boring one of all..imagine confined to a small room with plenty of buttons all around you......hmm this ppl need to get a life..they wouldnt know any one of those buttons if they're in there..and how significant these buttons are to getting them safely across thousands of miles...

feet to metre ..multioly by0.3048

inch to cm multiply by 2.5400

1 foot = 1 kaki = 1 leg :p

Not sure what was ur question for the one foot ;)

thx min chun, how bout miles ?

FYI google is our best friend. Just type any calculating inquiries in the google search textbox and it will get the answer for you.

e.g.: Type "1 miles in kilometres" (without the quotes in the textbox.)