MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
TK

Walk around an airliner

yeah probally the director wans you to glide the aircraft in..

what warning...?

160 feet RA radio altimeter asked you to retard..???? <_ ...crazy...you will fall like a brick>

Rate of descent....WOW 1200 fpm.. and you are not any NEAR the runway....ha h ah aha ha a :lol:

Dont think it can glide...

What is this...messy approach...

ha ha ha ha ha ha.....

try again...er..where is my one ringgit coin <_ ...shit no more in the market haiya..>

Your fuel tanks...fuuuyohh...going to Bangalore ah? :lol:

Btw..how come no DME indicator...?

You know what really annoys me in Flight Simulator...the temperature is always incorrect. I mean...what are the chances of Malaysia being 15 - 17 degree celcius in summer, during noon.

If that was really true...i'll dump Dubai today.. :lol: :rolleyes:

well..get activeSky...and i've gone GOLD

Edited by Edwin Yii

On a recent flight LGK-PEN, I noticed that a passenger brought along her pet cat and the cat was carried in the cargo hold. The pet carrier came out through the luggage carousel like a piece of luggage. Is there any special precautions that the pilots have to take on flights with small animals on board?

I understand that the luggage hold is pressurized so animals can survive there. But for long haul flights, can the owner of animals or cabin crew check on them during the flight, assuming there is an access door to the cargo hold from the passanger cabin? Thanks.

Rozhan, I think TK mentioned it before..another small cargo "place" for living organisms. Pilots can control the air pressure and temperature. But bout the feeding..not sure. Maybe they(pet owner) are not allowed to bring ;)

TK?

But for long haul flights, can the owner of animals or cabin crew check on them during the flight, assuming there is an access door to the cargo hold from the passanger cabin? Thanks.

AFAIK, only in Hollywood movies.

Ya la Min Chun... about the feeding issue. Imagine a 10 hour flight, cat hungry and all stressed out, with strange noise and vibration all over. On MASKargo's flight shown on TV, where live fish were transported from South Africa for KL's new 'Aquaria', a vet flew along. But I'm not sure if he got to check on the fish along the way as it was on a B744 pax. Maybe for MASKargo's B742 it is possible.

In an Airbus A330 / A340 catalog, there is a section about cabin crew quarters which is built into a cargo container (LD something) , and accessed from the cabin. So I suppose there is a way 'downstairs' for certain aircraft types.

In an Airbus A330 / A340 catalog, there is a section about cabin crew quarters which is built into a cargo container (LD something) , and accessed from the cabin. So I suppose there is a way 'downstairs' for certain aircraft types.

See also Azman's ZRH A.net topic, where the crew quarters are shown with a picture ;)

On a recent flight LGK-PEN, I noticed that a passenger brought along her pet cat and the cat was carried in the cargo hold. The pet carrier came out through the luggage carousel like a piece of luggage.

Did the cat enjoy the flight? Wah... Cats also get to fly, why not men??? Everyone must fly. Perhaps, "Even cats can fly, why can't you!" can be MH upcoming motto... No? :D AK has "now everyone can fly...," MH should also come up with one similar... :lol:

Did the cat enjoy the flight? Wah... Cats also get to fly, why not men??? Everyone must fly. Perhaps, "Even cats can fly, why can't you!" can be MH upcoming motto... No? :D AK has "now everyone can fly...," MH should also come up with one similar... :lol:

I seconded that!!! haha :lol:

they got seperate cargo hold for pets i think.

The cockpit crew can control the pressure and the temperature, so you wont be worried of FROZEN DOG MEAT!

A few years ago...the Sheikh's Camels froze to death in the belly of his 747... :( :(

Lets just say...somebody in the flight deck forgot that Camel's are actually warm,blooded mammals... <_>

Personally...I feel that animals have as much right to a comfortable flight as humans. Im not saying that they should be given first class seats, IFE and all this....

But they should be treated with a certain degree of respect by having their needs met..i.e Temperature..food etc...

Not shoved and packed into the cargo hold like Bahamian Sardines... :angry:

Sorry...im a little emotional when it comes to animal-rights...PETA supporter here...but i AM an omnivore.. :)

Personally...I feel that animals have as much right to a comfortable flight as humans. Im not saying that they should be given first class seats, IFE and all this....

But they should be treated with a certain degree of respect by having their needs met..i.e Temperature..food etc...

Not shoved and packed into the cargo hold like Bahamian Sardines... :angry:

Bro,

Did you know KLM is world's biggest horse-transporter...they will be carried is special horse containers and have their own individual "animal-steward" during the flight...guess, they have more personal attention than human being :mellow:

Let's clear this up.

To my knowledge, the lower cargo hold is inaccessible from the flight deck. However, for full cargo aircraft, the main deck cargo hold is as accessible as the passanger cabin for passanger aircraft. So if animals are carried on the main deck, the vet will have access to it.

At least that was the way on the B742SF which I flew for 3 years....

Let's clear this up.

To my knowledge, the lower cargo hold is inaccessible from the flight deck. However, for full cargo aircraft, the main deck cargo hold is as accessible as the passanger cabin for passanger aircraft. So if animals are carried on the main deck, the vet will have access to it.

At least that was the way on the B742SF which I flew for 3 years....

Thanks for clearing things up Radzi...

Btw..

I guess Dubai was frequented by you eh? :D

I guess Dubai was frequented by you eh? :D

Mayfair Holiday Villa was my second home back then.