MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
TK

Walk around an airliner

TK, sometimes i am so jealous of your job....

16075[/snapback]

Jealous On what ??? Can get Along with Beautifull Stewardess kah ??? tongue.gif

Guest Fendy
Jealous On what ??? Can get Along with Beautifull Stewardess kah ???  tongue.gif

16076[/snapback]

he gets to have lots of fun, in the air and also on the ground (ibrahim: no stewardess invloved.... that one side order) laugh.gif

hahaha TK .. your sound so .. erm robotic but sexy ...biggrin.gif!

Edited by Edwin Yii

Fendy, its fun when its in good time, when its bad....its F****** S***!!! mad.gif

Lets talk about weight....

Our body weight, plus our luggage weight.

Its interesting to note that passenger are limited to certain weight of goods that they can carry....why...its the limit for the plane we fly on..

remember this...we were allowed 25Kg or 30Kg of luggage....remember you as a passenger also has to be calculated and add with the rest of 200 plus pax on, let say a 777....hand carry items is also included....some says international standard a Male passenger with carry on luggage in the cabin = 75kg...

Try multiply 75kg to 200 pax = 15,000kg....aren't that heavy.. ohmy.gif

plus the aircraft empty weight, plus all the food, plates, pots and pans...the whole kitchen i would say....not to forget...FUEL.... tongue.gif

that is why a 777 is limited to a Max Take Off Weight of 286,897kg.

Runway length, outside air temperature, ambient pressure are part of parcel that a Pilot have to look on for its take off weight to get the best speed to lift off from mother earth,

even a 2 degrees celcius can make a different of 2000kg extra to carry...for FUEL is important.

After we adds up all of the above, the Pilot will check what is the best speed for todays take off...enough clearance to depart even with an incident of an engine failure after take off....or to the best speed to decide either to ABORT and have enough runway left to stop!!!! sad.gif

some airlines...that knows how to spend their money...or they have lots of $$$, they use a computer programme with a laptop in hand, adds all the weight, put in a temperature, pressure and runway length...they will get the speed.

That is why EFB on MRP and MRQ is a giant step to make this workload stress free...and no need to carry a laptop.

From 737 to a 747 in MH fleets...this is how we do it...... biggrin.gif

user posted image

its a book...for flaps 5 or 15 or 20 for take off.

All the runways we go (all destinations of a 777)

For all engine Ratings...examples Take Off (TO), Take Off One (TO1) and Take Off 2 (TO2)...

these take off selections are uses during certain weight...

TO or Take Off = Max take off thrust for that rating any weight above 245,000kg

TO1 or Take Off One = 10% Derate. Use between 215,000kg-245,000kg

TO2 or Take Off Two = 20% Derate. Any weight below 215,000kg.

So remember, example on a 777...we dont use MAX take off thrust all the time.

Guest Fendy
Sound like a Sabahan la... biggrin.gif  biggrin.gif

16123[/snapback]

honestly sounds nothing like you do in real life...

T K,

Nice recording !!!

I like the way you say "hei dag" to the controller when changing the frequency biggrin.gif

when it comes to work...i am serious.

Remember...the triple is moving...heavy...speed...height...and the most important...the passenger back there...they pay my salary.

i sounds like sabahan....you should listen to one of my Captain...he sounds like a school boy!! tongue.gif

when it comes to work...i am serious.

Remember...the triple is moving...heavy...speed...height...and the most important...the passenger back there...they pay my salary.

i sounds like sabahan....you should listen to one of my Captain...he sounds like a school boy!! tongue.gif

16136[/snapback]

LOL....record laa!

Anyways, we all understand the pressures you face once ur up there...

You got any other "voices" ka? laugh.gif

Nice TK.. Thank For Information about 'weight'... I am Waiting for the MH stewardess pic ?? biggrin.gif

TK, i just listened again, i heard when your climbing to ------

it sounds like Naked.

ATC:Fly direct to naked..

TK:turn right direct to postiion Naked, Malaysian 91

whats the correct spelling of that?

Edited by Walter Sim

Hi TK

Don't call me "Mr." lah. I feel so old already dry.gif "Attan" will do.

Thanks for the explanation on the AP takeoff settings. Too bad I can't arm my LNAV/VNAV in MSFS - it's either ON or OFF.

So in EWR Newark Seven, you use HDG SEL to make the first turn. Do you then (1) activate the LNAV and use it for the second turn (at 4 DME ILS) or (2) you turn the HDG knob or (3) "wack" the yoke manually?

When you wrote "Set CLIMB thrust" in the FMA, is there a "CLB" button on your glareshield? or is it set by sliding your throttle levers forward? Sorry for asking all this but I'm an Airbus driver biggrin.gif

Nice to hear your R/T recording, you sound perfectly clear but I can't say the same for your Captain lah.

A few more questions smile.gif :

At what level do you activate your Yaw Damper and when do you disengage it?

Do you switch off your APU after engine start? and when do you put it back on? (before or after landing?)

Are all your PACKS off during takeoff and landing?

Your B777 equipped with EFB?

Don't worry I swear I won't say anything outside this forum to anybody.

I also have a flightsimmer friend in Stockholm who's building this B737 cockpit at home (see pic). I'll tell him that you go to ARL often.

Sexy and young sound..haha.. tongue.gif ATC speaked so fast..TK, can u hear it nicely? or a bit blur too? mellow.gif

Record the school boy soudnf or us..just dont let him know.. laugh.gif

mroe pics pls TK! Like those part inside cockpit which nomrnally cant easily seen by pax..pls..thank you

Edited by Min Chun

Hi TK

Don't call me "Mr." lah. I feel so old already  dry.gif  "Attan" will do.

Thanks for the explanation on the AP takeoff settings. Too bad I can't arm my LNAV/VNAV  in MSFS - it's either ON or OFF.

So in EWR Newark Seven, you use HDG SEL to make the first turn. Do you then (1) activate the LNAV and use it for the second turn (at 4 DME ILS) or (2) you turn the HDG knob or (3) "wack" the yoke manually?

When you wrote "Set CLIMB thrust" in the FMA, is there a "CLB" button on your glareshield? or is it set by sliding your throttle levers forward? Sorry for asking all this but I'm an Airbus driver  biggrin.gif

Nice to hear your R/T recording, you sound perfectly clear but I can't say the same for your Captain lah.

A few more questions  smile.gif :

At what level do you activate your Yaw Damper and when do you disengage it?

Do you switch off your APU after engine start? and when do you put it back on? (before or after landing?)

Are all your PACKS off during takeoff and landing?

Your B777 equipped with EFB?

Don't worry I swear I won't say anything outside this forum to anybody.

I also have a flightsimmer friend in Stockholm who's building this B737 cockpit at home (see pic). I'll tell him that you go to ARL often.

16501[/snapback]

Yo... Attan! Now you are with us!! So glad to see you here! I still have your card you gave me at the Penang Air Carnival back in 2001! It was great to sim with you that time... But your website no updates one huh...? biggrin.gif

that is why a 777 is limited to a Max Take Off Weight of 286,897kg.

Runway length, outside air temperature, ambient pressure are part of parcel that a Pilot have to look on for its take off weight to get the best speed to lift off from mother earth,

even a 2 degrees celcius can make a different of 2000kg extra to carry...for FUEL is important.

After we adds up all of the above, the Pilot will check what is the best speed for todays take off...enough clearance to depart even with an incident of an engine failure after take off....or to the best speed to decide either to ABORT and have enough runway left to stop!!!! sad.gif

16100[/snapback]

Do you still remember about 9M-MRJ - Tailstrike..... dry.gif dry.gif dry.gif

When most people blaiming pilot about this accident.... Actually Rampagent on ground made some failures with some numbers of weight. mad.gif mad.gif

Pilots get the wrong info-rong weight (less from what they are) and this had causing pilot had made wrong min speed for V1 and V2....

Pilot: V1.... Rotate..... Pull..... Pulll..... Aiiiyyaaarrrkkkkk... Why don't lifting one.... Bbzzzzzzttttttt!!!!!! Tailstrike.... adddoiiii!!! what should i put in the report....

user posted image

Picture by Thomas Luethi - Jetphotos

Hello Teo

How can I forget a hardcore aviation fan like you!

Yeah, I don't regularly update my website except for progress on my A320 Home Cockpit. Last post Nov 3 2005.

What's your present location?

Bro TK,

Thanx 4 sharing ur recorded RT with us! That's so professional RT, very straight-forward oneee... soooo steady.. no errr... errr.. heheh biggrin.gif record more la bro...

Your time to explain all the technicalities of flying is very much appreciated TK. Anyway is there a built-in mechanism to weight the aircraft via the landing gear on the T7, or any other large modern aircraft for that matter?

Hello Teo

How can I forget a hardcore aviation fan like you!

Yeah, I don't regularly update my website except for progress on my A320 Home Cockpit. Last post Nov 3 2005.

What's your present location?

16595[/snapback]

Attan... Yeah, I know about your cockpit building... Great job... Hope to try it uot one day! biggrin.gif

Now in UM... Second year... smile.gif

Sound like a Sabahan la... biggrin.gif  biggrin.gif

16123[/snapback]

I think he WAS a sabahan as a kid,right?

Azahan did mention somewhere...