MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Mohd Azizul Ramli

MAS A380 - Fleet to be Retained

We are not sure when the first one will arrive. Estimates vary between April to July. Once the first plane is delivered, the next four are due in quick succession - almost at the rate of 1 per month. The final aircraft will come in 2013.

Thanks. I'm planning to fly to London in October next year and I really really want to be on the new A380. Hopefully, there'll be at least 3 in service by then and my fingers are tightly crossed that the A380 will be coming to Sydney.

I hope that they will make a big do when the A380 comes home on its delivery flight.

A better idea might be to try to organise a charity flight on its delivery flight - send it from TLS to CDG and then come home with a full load of pax flying for charity... :)

Really wanted to say beautiful, but I just can't. Never find it attractive :(

This is not the finished article yet.

Malaysia Airlines First A380 takes off from Toulouse for its maiden flight

The first A380 for Malaysia Airlines (MAS) took off for its maiden flight on 20th October after completion of the final assembly and system tests in Toulouse, France.

After a successful flight of five hours, the aircraft returned to Toulouse to be prepared for its next journey to the Airbus facilities in Hamburg, Germany for cabin installation and painting.

Powered by four Rolls-Royce Trent 900 engines, the aircraft is the first of six A380s ordered by Malaysia Airlines, scheduled for delivery in the second quarter of 2012. Malaysia Airlines will be the 8th airline to operate the A380.

http://www.aviationnews.eu/2011/10/21/malaysia-airlines-first-a380-takes-off-from-toulouse-for-its-maiden-flight/

Update by MH's FB page..A380 now at Hamburg to undergo interior finishing and body painting

Malaysia Airlines

Our first A380 aircraft touched down safely in Hamburg, Germany to undergo interior finishing and body painting!