MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Mohd Azizul Ramli

MAS A380 - Fleet to be Retained

Just saw the new livery in the papers..kinda like it, reminds me of the heliconia livery they used to have.. but have to agree on MH having too many liveries for different kind of aircrafts

I think it isn't a problem for an airline with so many liveries. AirAsia manages it and no one is confused.

What is more important is the brand and product consistency. Customers must be able to have the same MH experience, no matter what the livery on the plane is...

Perhaps MH should strive for real excellence on the A380. Once it can replicate this on its other services, the livery can then be applied to those aircraft too. Its like rolling down the new premium product from the A380 to the other aircraft...

"As for our fifth and sixth A380s (which are due for delivery in October this year and February 2013), we have not decided which routes they will be deployed to. Our strategy team is currently crunching the numbers and doing market studies and will decide their flight destinations in a few months," he said.

How about KUL-NRT-LAX?

How about KUL-NRT-LAX?

It would be great if they could deploy the jumbo on this route, direct competition with SIA! Yet still, SIA is offering daily services while MH is offering 4 times weekly!

I think it isn't a problem for an airline with so many liveries. AirAsia manages it and no one is confused.

Could it be you are blurring the distinction between "so many liveries" as what MH is heading towards, versus those multitude of logojet/one off liveries that Air Asia group is so partial to ? :D

I'm of opinion that corporate branding in visual presentation (distinctive red/white) has been a pillar in success story of the Tune group so far

That aside, I do agree that final product offering and consistency is infinitely more important to the fare paying customer than what is painted on outside :)

Question: where did the press release say that the old livery will stay?

Post #1123 (by filipeseda) :)

Specifically :

However, the colour scheme and livery of its existing aircraft will remain unchanged for now
Edited by BC Tam

Post #1123 (by filipeseda) :)

Specifically :

For some odd reasons, this song of Ella Fitzgerald's - "Undecided" - suddenly popped in my head... MH make up your mind :

First you say you do

And then you don`t

And then you say you will

And then you won`t

You`re undecided now

So what are you gonna do?

Edited by V Wong

However, the colour scheme and livery of its existing aircraft will remain unchanged for now.

Don't forget, MH Short Haul is yet to be unveiled - my interpretation of this is that they are in no hurry to repaint the fleet into the new colours before they've settled down with the Short Haul & Long Haul up and running stable.

Post #1123 (by filipeseda) :) Specifically :

I believe they intended to mean they are in no hurry to repaint those in existing liveries. That said I'd like to see how the three 737s MH to receive next will look in this livery.

I believe they intended to mean they are in no hurry to repaint those in existing liveries. That said I'd like to see how the three 737s MH to receive next will look in this livery.

Maybe not. 737 will go to Sapphire/MAS/new regional, which will have its own livery.

Malaysia Airlines provides first glimpse of A380 in new livery

8 March 2012

Malaysia Airlines (MAS) today revealed the design and specifications for its new A380, featuring a bright new livery and luxurious cabin layout.

The aircraft will accommodate 494 passengers in a three class configuration, seating eight passengers in First Class, 66 in Business Class and 420 in Economy. All seats are fitted with the latest individual in-flight entertainement systems, USB ports and satellite telephone facilities.

MAS Group CHief Executive Office, Ahmad Jauhari Yahya said, ' The A380 will showcase our latest premium offering in products and services. This will be our flagship aircraft to launch our exciting new levels of comfort, luxury and convenience in long haul travel'.

Altogether, MAS has order six A380s. The carrier is set to become the eighth operator of the aircraft when it begins commercial service with the type between Kuala Lumpur and London in July.

For more information on the MAS A380, visit http://www.malaysiaairlines.com/myA380

http://www.airbus.com/presscentre/pressreleases/press-release-detail/detail/malaysia-airlines-provides-first-glimpse-of-a380-in-new-livery/

The "wau" looks a tad too small for the big tail. Other airlines are increasing their tail logos but MH reduce?

The "wau" looks a tad too small for the big tail. Other airlines are increasing their tail logos but MH reduce?

Maybe malaysia airlines wan the wau tail to move to the rudder ?