MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Mohd Azizul Ramli

MAS A380 - Fleet to be Retained

So is the "swish" now phased out ? Or is this new all blue scheme just for A380 ?

I guess so - that's why they've painted the ex-FY birds into the "cheatline" livery rather than the "PAL Swish" livery.

I don't know what there is to like about them changing the livery. As I posted regarding the change of the uniform, a new livery is probably the least of management's concerns. Don't forget changing a livery or branding image costs money. For example the University of Sydney, a change of the logo was massive cost in just a little exercise to change the image on examination papers, signs, stationary and campus vehicles etc etc (the list is too exhaustive) - in fact a lot of people have criticised management for blowing a big dent in the budget for hiring a company just to redesign a logo at University of Sydney. In fact the University of Sydney is actually lacking funds to support operations that it is now cutting staff... It's a real disappointment by MAS. Changing a livery for the 2nd time in only recent times, it is a waste of money to contract designers and who knows, it may actually be for the worse like JAL, which ended up changing back to their original livery. If MAS was smarter, they'd be looking at the bigger picture not the external livery.

Thanks for that ! Probably the 1st time I've regretted installing an ad blocker :p

But the new scheme is certainly NOT for me !! Even worse than the "swish" IMHO. This is too sterile, I was really hoping they would go in the steps of their "water color" adverts which was really vibrant and inviting

Yup, agree. The water color effect was a very good idea. It looks fresh and cool ^_^

By looking at the space between the tail and font, the new livery will be look bigger and it will cover half of the body. Can't wait to see it in full color!

Changing the livery and corporate branding is one thing

But getting the logo the right way up in adverts quite another !! :rolleyes:

Sadly, inattention to details remain a culture it seem :(

Can't wait to see it in full color!

It has been pointed out new livery will be all blue (on white base) - so what you're seeing is already in full colour :p

That is one awfully boring looking A380. Whoever came up with that livery should be sacked straight away. Yet another own goal by MH.

Keep the red & blue wau alive!

It has been pointed out new livery will be all blue (on white base) - so what you're seeing is already in full colour :p

If you look at the advert, there will be something just right below the logo and part of it body. If it true this is already in full color, its too plain and obviously a failure n boring ::80::

Not certain how much I like the new new livery ... but I know for sure that I liked it better than the current new a-la-Philippine flag livery.

I wish that MH had thought of incorporating a "swoosh" of gold (since MAS means gold) which would have given the new new livery a lift. In the little pictures on the ad, it seems very much like a subsidiary of Egyptair. The ribbon-like portion of the livery at the rear of the fuselage seems extremely stiff and straight, unlike what you expect a ribbon to be ... once again, the lines are rendered on the ad and alludes to the stiffness of those lines.

Does any know if the yet-to-be-named-previously-known-as-MAS-and-first-known-as-Sapphire premium regional airline is the same outfit that will involve Qantas as a joint venture partner ... or are we to expect yet another subsidiary airline?

KC Sim

21m5lj8.jpg

A close up picture.....

When the English proverb states:" Two wrongs doesn't make a right"....They must have foresee MH 'double blunder'......OMG! MH, I was really hoping this new livery is not the final one!! Musnah harapan.....the new 'malaysia airlines' and inverted wau logo....I feel like crying....T.T

Edited by JuliusWong

It looks like MH could only afford 2 colours at the paint shop.

Seriously drab.

Sorry to be so negative.

And all this from an airline that gave the world the special livery B744 & B777. They were beautiful.

When the English proverb states:" Two wrongs doesn't make a right"....They must have foresee MH 'double blunder'......OMG! MH, I was really hoping this new livery is not the final one!! Musnah harapan.....the new 'malaysia airlines' and inverted wau logo....I feel like crying....T.T

Awesome, seems like printed material ? If I may ask, where did you snap this from ?

Silver lining is at least MAS can now say they're out of the red :pardon:

Not quite....apart from white, MH can afford any colour as long as it is a shade of blue..e.g. .the word "malaysia" is a much darker shade of blue than "airlines"

It is interesting to see how MAS corporate colour has changed from red in the 70s & 80s to red and blue in the 90s & 2000s and now pure blues !

Don't forget the little yellow in Malaysia flag :D

Awesome, seems like printed material ? If I may ask, where did you snap this from ?

Silver lining is at least MAS can now say they're out of the red :pardon:

Hahaha, I love the humour here! But its premium regional carrier (formerly Sapphire / MAS) is fully in the red! The parent company may be "out of the red" but will be having "the blues" forever for as long as it maintains the new new livery.

Does anyone know who designed the new new livery? I hope it is not yet another worker in the hangar ... or someone with a little deft hand at working with Photoshop ... there must be loads of great and artistic designers in Malaysia - just look at all the amazing marketing collaterals produced by Tourism Malaysia and others in the tourism industry.

KC Sim

Seriously drab.

Sorry to be so negative.

And all this from an airline that gave the world the special livery B744 & B777. They were beautiful.

Agreed... Even the "Swoosh" looks a tad more exciting. Blue, red and white works pretty well. Will wait for the finalised article before commenting.

As a matter of fact, the logo in the ad IS correct. The new logo will point from left to right instead right to left.

I like it, can't wait to see the new livery. I think MH needs to go the full way in terms of rebranding and upgrading their fleet. Whatever people say, premium carriers need premium pax to fill up the front. I'm not a premium pax, but will be happy to sit in the rear again if they improve their hardware.

As a matter of fact, the logo in the ad IS correct. The new logo will point from left to right instead right to left.

Actually, once having decided whether the logo should point left, or right ... the airline should consistently enforce that.

Singapore Airlines always ensures that the golden bird is pointing in the "right" direction.

KC Sim

I was referring to the slant applied to the logo - it has the 'lunging forward' stance in the advert whilst that painted on the dugongs' tails has the 'slouching back' appearance

(sorry, that is best I can describe it :))

As for which direction the logo points, I suppose one can only be consistent only as far as printed materials are concerned

Painted on skin of aircraft, one side has to have the reverse image - imagine the golden goose pointing towards tail end on a SQ fin, or the 'correct' brush stroke on port side of a CX bird :D

Edited by BC Tam

21m5lj8.jpg

A close up picture.....

Here closeup picture for nose our new MH A380..looks like all blue livery applied on wording..

426932_359523160755001_185723778134941_1073619_1358763337_n.jpg