MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Mohd Azizul Ramli

MAS A380 - Fleet to be Retained

Also please take note that even MH had seat reshuffles on its fleet before (As QF is deciding), When first stasrted, T7 had first class and then this was removed for 2 class config. Also at one stage the A330' had 44 bussinness clas seats but this again was redesigned for fewer seats.

The main objective here is to provide a platform from which a product can be derived if the need be so.Or at least as a reference. The one cool thing I saw on one airline if flower pots in F class on side wall for every seat, with a rose in it. And for EY every 10 rows, or so a flower boquet.

It is said that TG's A380 will have the updated version of EY's current biz class on its WB jets. I really like these seats, as window seats are very private and you get a real flat bed without having to lie diagonally like SQ's new long haul J. Even EK's biz on its A380 looks good.

But given the relative disappointments that MH likes to dish out every now and then when it comes to hardware, I wont be surprise if MH introduces in 2011 a product that WAS introduced in 2008...one of those me-too-but-some-three-years-too-late.

But given the relative disappointments that MH likes to dish out every now and then when it comes to hardware, I wont be surprise if MH introduces in 2011 a product that WAS introduced in 2008...one of those me-too-but-some-three-years-too-late.

Quite true aye...Hopefully this time we wont be 1 generation behind rivals.

I wont be surprise if MH introduces in 2011 a product that WAS introduced in 2008...

You do realize what the outstanding product that was introduced in 2008 don't you ? :blink:

Any hints required ?

Oh please, someone have mercy ......................... :D

Edited by BC Tam

Yup the F class beds were great but sleep at an angle slide down J class, dont know about that. But it was also that time that many airlines were putting lie flat in their bussiness section (BA).

Having said that the Avod system introduced was fantastic and is still today.

In todays aviation world due to the intensity competition of bussiness the word "mercy" is rarely used.

You do realize what the outstanding product that was introduced in 2008 don't you ? :blink:

Any hints required ?

Oh please, someone have mercy ......................... :D

Change all seats to B738 type and use curtain to block the premium economy with the economy. Cramp 550 passengers to a 1.5 class configuration. That ought to do it! In line with sloppy MH!

well if Mas stick with their current first and business class seats to be fitted onto A380, then they'll definitely lose out to other airlines. But lets hope this won't happen :) IMHO, Mas have the capability to compete with top airlines. besides, they're always going beyond expectation :D

Yup the F class beds were great but sleep at an angle slide down J class, dont know about that. But it was also that time that many airlines were putting lie flat in their bussiness section (BA).

BA Club World IS NOT lie-flat. It is the only TRUE fully-flat Business Class seat for many years and also the world's first airline to offer a TRUE fully-flat bed in Business Class.

By the way, Premium Economy was on the SIA 380 drawing board initially but don't know why it was scrapped. My guess is probably they knew Premium Economy will hurt the yield in Business Class.

If my memory serves me correctly, someone who claimed to have insider source from MAS about three years ago said MAS 388 will be fitted with 4-class namely First, Golden Club, Premium Economy and Economy. And LHR, AMS and SYD are the cities that will get the 388 exclusively.

Edited by Isaac

well if Mas stick with their current first and business class seats to be fitted onto A380, then they'll definitely lose out to other airlines. But lets hope this won't happen :) IMHO, Mas have the capability to compete with top airlines. besides, they're always going beyond expectation :D

Musrif you are right about Ey J product. to others who wish to view it.

http://www.airliners.net/photo/Etihad-Airw...nr=4&sid=If this cabin can be enhanced for A380, it will be great. It does not looked cramped with seats and yet offers the required privacy.

Musrif you are right about Ey J product. to others who wish to view it.

http://www.airliners.net/photo/Etihad-Airw...nr=4&sid=If this cabin can be enhanced for A380, it will be great. It does not looked cramped with seats and yet offers the required privacy.

If i'm not mistaken, this is the Business Class seat that TG is going to install on its 388 but with a few modifications.

This seat is so narrow that makes BA first generation fully-flat bed Club World looks much wider. I wondered why everyone keep complaining just how narrow BA Club World is but fine with EY Business Class and EK 388 Business Class ?

If i'm not mistaken, this is the Business Class seat that TG is going to install on its 388 but with a few modifications.

This seat is so narrow that makes BA first generation fully-flat bed Club World looks much wider. I wondered why everyone keep complaining just how narrow BA Club World is but fine with EY Business Class and EK 388 Business Class ?

Well maybe Mh can have the same seat but wider...maybe widest bussiness class seat in the sky? Itcould be narrow judging from how wide the 77 aisle is on the photo. There is loads of space between the aisle seat and the window one.

Edited by jadivindra

The second generation of those "Etihad biz seats" are wider, the version which TG will install on its 380s. I think EY is also upgrading its present biz seats to the wider versions. Also, unlike BA's seats, you dont have to stare at your neighbour.

Well maybe Mh can have the same seat but wider...maybe widest bussiness class seat in the sky? Itcould be narrow judging from how wide the 77 aisle is on the photo. There is loads of space between the aisle seat and the window one.

Widest biz seat in the sky - that's SQ's biz seats on the 77W and 380.

MH has always been going BELOW expectations for the last 24 months or so.

First, their marketing and adverts and PR spins sets up the high expectations.

Then, reality strikes and MH fails to deliver. Expectations come crashing down.

Change all seats to B738 type and use curtain to block the premium economy with the economy. Cramp 550 passengers to a 1.5 class configuration. That ought to do it! In line with sloppy MH!

Of course MH will do this. Then management will just have to dish out "service recovery" leaflets to all pax, saying that this is a temporary arrangement, as the aircraft is leased (from PMB). That's five star value for you!

Note in the tiniest font-size available:

Temporary = means less than 25 years.

but in all seriousness, I do doubt that MH needs the A380 as the only pausible money making route is for its SYD-KUL-LHR sectors only and even that MH cannot even fill up its initial 3 times daily flights n had to reduce its frequency. Even given the sc enario when the economy is back on track - the A380 is simply too big for MH except for one of its KUL-LHR flight only.

I would say they will convert 1 A380 replaces 9M-NAA (M'sia Air force one) install with all the luxury facilities for our VIP to travel for overseas delegation! :rolleyes:

I am sure almost majority of the taxpayer wouldn't agree with it if Malaysia use Super Jumbo to replace 9M-NAA.. If they do, I can forecast the result of 13th General Election :lol:

Our government doesn't need an A380.

I say we give them the 734! :yahoo:

I second that :drinks:

Edited by Isaac

so no one have yet suggested how many classes should the Mh A380 have besides giving it to the goverment iT YOU THROW AN AIRCRAFT OF THAT SIZE TO THE GOVERMENT, THE GOVEMENT WONT KNOW WHAT HIT THEM.

London is the winter capital of Malaysia, VVIP will want MH to keep F on KUL/LHR sector. Believe one of IJ&co’s KIP is CASM; to achieve low CASM, they will need to maximize EY seating capacity. As for J, MH concede to attract more premium pax, is unlikely to install the latest, widest or most spacious J seats.

:drinks:

• Like 1

VVIP are above the law and some are known unable to control their desire. It is unlikely that MH will install suite in A380 F class :pardon:

:drinks:

I think MH will have tremendous advantage in deciding how to configure the A380. They just need to study the feedback from pax who have travelled on the current fleet.

I think MH should put the premium seats on the top deck as it has the quieter cabin. The cheapest seats should be those aft of the jet blast on the lower deck.

I think 3 classes is probably sufficient - probably 50 lie flat seats in first class, 100 business class and around 350 economy class.

I'd love to see how MAS deals with the six A380s.

Maybe some would be fitted with a class similar to SQ's Suites.

Whereas the remaining units could be fitted with the regular First Class(lie-flat seats)

Just a thought, though.

It all depends if IJ emphasizes more on profit, or passenger comfort.

I think 3 classes is probably sufficient - probably 50 lie flat seats in first class, 100 business class and around 350 economy class.

50 seats in F ? And a lie-flat seat in F ? Even the current F/P in their 744 are fully flat now. That is going to be a disaster.

Whereas the remaining units could be fitted with the regular First Class(lie-flat seats)

No they shouldn't. Having two types of F seats on the same aircraft will be a nightmare.

Edited by Isaac

With that seat count, MH will find ghosts and spirits filling up the premium class seats.