MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Edwin P K

MAS Enrich Frequent Flyer Program

You should have access if you're flying FY if you're a gold or platinum Enrich member.

I know that this has been a common complain in this forum but what is the most effective way to claim retro miles. I have used the Enrich website and also submitted emails to them 3 times but to no avail. I do not normally trave down to Sentral (out of the way for me). Is there an office in KLIA for this? Any advise guys?

I know that this has been a common complain in this forum but what is the most effective way to claim retro miles. I have used the Enrich website and also submitted emails to them 3 times but to no avail. I do not normally trave down to Sentral (out of the way for me). Is there an office in KLIA for this? Any advise guys?

Drop them a call, 1300883000 . I did it last week and miles were credited within 5 minutes !

Drop them a call, 1300883000 . I did it last week and miles were credited within 5 minutes !

Thanks. Will do this later. I need to claim a few retros too. Can anybody please tell MH to monitor their Enrich portal? What is the use of the portal then if people need to call in?

Can anybody please tell MH to monitor their Enrich portal? What is the use of the portal then if people need to call in?

To make known the correct telephone number to call in ? :pardon:

Pls correct me or expand on this if this is incorrect...

but I found out that generally, mileage/ sector credits into an Enrich account of a Oneworld airline-marketed/ ticketed flight (say, BA xxxx) is only acceptable if that flight is not operated by a third party, even if that third party flight-operator is MH or another Oneworld airline (say CX or even MH!!). So, a BA flight must (generally) be operated by BA, not MH or JL, for the travel to be credited into Enrich

Very limited exceptions to the above rule do exist, but generally - the above rule applies. I just find it strange within the Oneworld airline fraternity.

but I found out that generally, mileage/ sector credits into an Enrich account of a Oneworld airline-marketed/ ticketed flight (say, BA xxxx) is only acceptable if that flight is not operated by a third party, even if that third party flight-operator is MH or another Oneworld airline (say CX or even MH!!). So, a BA flight must (generally) be operated by BA, not MH or JL, for the travel to be credited into Enrich

Very limited exceptions to the above rule do exist, but generally - the above rule applies. I just find it strange within the Oneworld airline fraternity.

What you are trying to say is that for example if I am buying a JL ticket to LAX, with KUL-NRT by JL and NRT-LAX is by AA, I will not be able to get the miles for NRT-LAX sector?

What you are trying to say is that for example if I am buying a JL ticket to LAX, with KUL-NRT by JL and NRT-LAX is by AA, I will not be able to get the miles for NRT-LAX sector?

Well, ignore for a moment on who issues the ticket. But, let's say KUL-NRT is sold and operated by JL, and NRT-LAX is sold/marketed by JL but operated by AA...iif and unless there is a specific and explicit exclusion to the general rule, you will only be credited by, say, Enrich for the mileage/sector KUL-NRT. NRT-LAX is deemed to ineligible as there is a third party carrier even though AA is a Oneworld airline.

I'm not sure what permutations are then generated if we bring the ticket issuer into the equation...say, if the ticket was issued by MH (232..) as part of a multi-itinerary ticket such as SYD-KUL-DXB-KUL-NRT-LAX...

I'm hoping some Oneworld FFP expert could clarify this weird third-party rule which doesnt recognise OW carriers...

Well, ignore for a moment on who issues the ticket. But, let's say KUL-NRT is sold and operated by JL, and NRT-LAX is sold/marketed by JL but operated by AA...iif and unless there is a specific and explicit exclusion to the general rule, you will only be credited by, say, Enrich for the mileage/sector KUL-NRT. NRT-LAX is deemed to ineligible as there is a third party carrier even though AA is a Oneworld airline.

I'm not sure what permutations are then generated if we bring the ticket issuer into the equation...say, if the ticket was issued by MH (232..) as part of a multi-itinerary ticket such as SYD-KUL-DXB-KUL-NRT-LAX...

I'm hoping some Oneworld FFP expert could clarify this weird third-party rule which doesnt recognise OW carriers...

Not sure about Enrich, but on BAEC - it WILL earn, both avios and tier points in your example

I have a CX flight that didn't credit after a month. It's a fairly substantial amount so I won't let it slide, but how do submit a claim? Do I really need to part with my BP and send it to their office? I have time and can drop by the Sentral office, but I don't want to go there and find out they can't do anything.

Anyone have a similar experience?

I think you are asking if will you get miles if you fly a BA coded, AA metal flight on Enrich? I don't know about Enrich, but on AAdvantage, those flights are eligible. I believe OW's rules dictates that miles earned based on marketing carrier (as long as the operating carrier is a OW carrier) as opposed to *A whereby metal dictates mileage accrual (so a MH coded, SQ metal flight earn miles on a *A program).

eg. If I fly KUL-LHR-JFK on AA code all the way with KUL-LHR on MH metal and LHR-JFK on BA metal, I am still eligible for miles because both flights are operated by OW carriers and I will earn miles as if I am flying AA (I will get 100% miles even though I am ticketed in Q booking class on AA even though Q earns 0% on MH).

However, I do believe there is a problem with MH crediting code-share flight. I flown NRT-SAN a few times (MH code, JL metal) and MH refused to credit my miles even though it's eligible. Thankfully an AAngel helped me post the miles manually ;)

Edited by Craig

I think you are asking if will you get miles if you fly a BA coded, AA metal flight on Enrich? I don't know about Enrich, but on AAdvantage, those flights are eligible. I believe OW's rules dictates that miles earned based on marketing carrier (as long as the operating carrier is a OW carrier) as opposed to *A whereby metal dictates mileage accrual (so a MH coded, SQ metal flight earn miles on a *A program).

eg. If I fly KUL-LHR-JFK on AA code all the way with KUL-LHR on MH metal and LHR-JFK on BA metal, I am still eligible for miles because both flights are operated by OW carriers and I will earn miles as if I am flying AA (I will get 100% miles even though I am ticketed in Q booking class on AA even though Q earns 0% on MH).

However, I do believe there is a problem with MH crediting code-share flight. I flown NRT-SAN a few times (MH code, JL metal) and MH refused to credit my miles even though it's eligible. Thankfully an AAngel helped me post the miles manually ;)

SImilar experience by a friend of mine, trying to credit miles into Enrich. She flew on a CX-marketed flight (i.e. CX...something) issued on a CX tkt, but operated by MH. Tried to credit into Enrich but was rejected as the flight was operated by a "third-party" airline - eventhough the airline is a OW carrier, and technically speaking - there is no third-party involved as the FFP was MH's, operator was MH, ticket issued by CX and flight was CX! Bizzarre rules, if true.

Same rules I think also apply to CX's Asia Miles program. Trying to credit an MH flight, operated by say JL, into Asia Miles will be rejected due to this bizzare & opaque rule. And I think the only exception to this Asia Miles restriction is if teh operator is AA.

It's very strange and I'm begnning to wonder if this is true or just some silly IT glitch.

Separate from the above, I know Enrich's system cannot handle automatic credit of some codeshare flights marketed by MH but operated by some other carrier - this has to be done manually by calling up the Enrich line. Enrich actually accepts credits of any MH codeshare flight, even if it's operated by a non OW carrier, such as SQ or BI or whatever.

I have a CX flight that didn't credit after a month. It's a fairly substantial amount so I won't let it slide, but how do submit a claim? Do I really need to part with my BP and send it to their office? I have time and can drop by the Sentral office, but I don't want to go there and find out they can't do anything.

Anyone have a similar experience?

I think the best way is to get the help from the social media team or deal directly with the Head of Enrich?

The office in KL Sentral can not process other Enrich partners claim on the spot (they can do so for MH flights only). They can only collect it and then send it to 'Enrich office' for processing. That's the treatment that I got upon submission of my miles claim from BA and AF flights. It has been 2 months now and I am hearing nothing from them.

Really skinny offerings in the Feb-May Enrich newsletter...only accrual promotion for domestic flights operated by MH (ex MWings)...and the CEO welcoming the new defacto head of Enrich...good luck to her ...quite a mess to sort out...even this latest newsletter on the domestic flight accrual prmotion lacks clarity on which flights are applicable..

Really skinny offerings in the Feb-May Enrich newsletter...only accrual promotion for domestic flights operated by MH (ex MWings)...and the CEO welcoming the new defacto head of Enrich...good luck to her ...quite a mess to sort out...even this latest newsletter on the domestic flight accrual prmotion lacks clarity on which flights are applicable..

couldn't find the latest issue of WOR, only cover was shown.. :search:

Well, it's been over a month since I've sent my missing miles claim for a CX flight via email and I've heard nothing from them. Not even an acknowledgement email. No other airline has taken more than 2 weeks to respond to such claims.

Absolutely ridiculous!

Amidst all the limelight on MH370...steering back to a bit of regular programming...

- does anyone realize that that the Enrich miles are now seriously devalued compared against commercial tickets on MH as Enrich redemption tkts on MH are hit by serious amounts of MH-imposed fuel surcharges? Such surcharges are either minimal or priced-in in the commercial tickets...hence, resulting in the out-of-pocket amounts payable on redemption tickets to be more (yes, more!) or at best, just slightly less, than the total amounts payable on commercial tickets, especially compared against promo economy fares? And that is on top of the many thousands of Enrich miles that is redeemed...

- Hence, are Enrich miles now only worth redeeming for upgrades? (not sure what the fuel surcharges are in such instances)

- or only when only full fare Y or higher booking class commercial tickets are available? (resulting in a worthwhile total out-of-pocket differential)?

Amidst all the limelight on MH370...steering back to a bit of regular programming...

- does anyone realize that that the Enrich miles are now seriously devalued compared against commercial tickets on MH as Enrich redemption tkts on MH are hit by serious amounts of MH-imposed fuel surcharges? Such surcharges are either minimal or priced-in in the commercial tickets...hence, resulting in the out-of-pocket amounts payable on redemption tickets to be more (yes, more!) or at best, just slightly less, than the total amounts payable on commercial tickets, especially compared against promo economy fares? And that is on top of the many thousands of Enrich miles that is redeemed...

- Hence, are Enrich miles now only worth redeeming for upgrades? (not sure what the fuel surcharges are in such instances)

- or only when only full fare Y or higher booking class commercial tickets are available? (resulting in a worthwhile total out-of-pocket differential)?

You could use Enrich to upgrade only on higher class ticket and comparing with other airline FFP, Enrich is harder to accumulate. Hence I gave up Enrich and only travel MH if the price is cheap or don't have a choice.

You win some you lose some. MH is EXTREMELY generous with award availability. They book into D (for business), A (for first) and as long as there is revenue D and A available for sale, an award seat at that level is also available. You want 5-6 D seats? most of the time no problem. Can't get that with other carriers.

edit: Enrich only of course. OW carriers book into the very restricted availability U (business) and Z (first)

Edited by Suzanne Goh

SG: So, are u alluding to the fact that with such high fuel surcharges imposed on Enrich redemptions - it is only worthwhile to redeem in biz or first?

That's my conclusion looking at how much one has to pay for an economy class Enrich redemption on MH versus the commercial ticket in economy that , these days, are always available at good promo all-in fares?

I'm beginning to think that this came about after mid-2013 when MH starting to price-in fuel surcharges into commercial fares from most/ many destinations..I don't recall having to pay such exorbitant fuel surcharges on redemption tickets before then.

And as discounted/ promo economy fares are generally available on MH most of the time due to its load-factor-first-yields-later policy, paid commercial tickets in economy tend to be cheaper than a redemption ticket.

Do you know if such high fuel surcharges are also applicable on Enrich redemption upgrades?

if I am not wrong, the fuel surcharge and airport for Economy or Business Class is about the same, give and take about 5% difference the most. This is based on my experience redeeming it last year. Redeeming it for Economy is not worth it as there will always be promotion either on MH or other airlines on Economy which makes the difference between the surcharge and the actual promo ticket to be very small.

For example,

Flight to LAX - RM3700 (during promo) Eco Class

RM12000 (during promo) Biz Class

Enrich Redemption to LAX -

Points + Surcharge of RM2300 for Eco Class (Save RM1.3k)

Points + Surcharge of RM2500 for Biz Class (Save RM9.5k)

So, if you have the miles, aim for Biz class

SG: So, are u alluding to the fact that with such high fuel surcharges imposed on Enrich redemptions - it is only worthwhile to redeem in biz or first?

That's my conclusion looking at how much one has to pay for an economy class Enrich redemption on MH versus the commercial ticket in economy that , these days, are always available at good promo all-in fares?

I'm beginning to think that this came about after mid-2013 when MH starting to price-in fuel surcharges into commercial fares from most/ many destinations..I don't recall having to pay such exorbitant fuel surcharges on redemption tickets before then.

And as discounted/ promo economy fares are generally available on MH most of the time due to its load-factor-first-yields-later policy, paid commercial tickets in economy tend to be cheaper than a redemption ticket.

Do you know if such high fuel surcharges are also applicable on Enrich redemption upgrades?

Absolutely. It never makes sense to redeem in Y unless, as you rightly pointed out earlier, the only thing left revenue wise is a high fare basis economy fare like YB or H and you absolutely have to be somewhere at some time. Otherwise, J and F redemptions always represent better bang for your buck :)

Fuel surcharges on MH ARE applicable on Enrich redemption upgrades sadly though.