MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Edwin P K

MAS Enrich Frequent Flyer Program

If i buy an economy ticket, then use my points to upgrade to business class, would i still earn points for the economy class that I bought? Or is it automatically forfeited?

Based on experience, you usually need to submit a missing miles claim for this though with your e-ticket number and your Y e-ticket/booking attached. My miles have never been credited automatically before whenever I upgrade with miles.

You will still earn points based on the Y class

Based on experience, you usually need to submit a missing miles claim for this though with your e-ticket number and your Y e-ticket/booking attached. My miles have never been credited automatically before whenever I upgrade with miles.

Did this 3 seperate times for Hanoi, London and Paris. Even by submitting the missing miles claim, Enrich staff were adamant no miles or sectors could be credited for the Econ fare I paid as I used miles to upgrade.

Did this 3 seperate times for Hanoi, London and Paris. Even by submitting the missing miles claim, Enrich staff were adamant no miles or sectors could be credited for the Econ fare I paid as I used miles to upgrade.

What I did in those circumstances was hang up and call back again until I got an operator who was actually updated with enrich's rules!

What I did in those circumstances was hang up and call back again until I got an operator who was actually updated with enrich's rules!

Tried everytime I claim my miles every 3 months via phone. Also brought it up at the KL Sentral Desk.

No joy, same answer that redemption tickets (upgrade or full) are not eligible for miles/sectors. Have you managed to make a claim before ?

Tried everytime I claim my miles every 3 months via phone. Also brought it up at the KL Sentral Desk.

No joy, same answer that redemption tickets (upgrade or full) are not eligible for miles/sectors. Have you managed to make a claim before ?

Yes I have! Even the kind ladies in the London office tell me I'm entitled to miles based on the class of ticket I paid for.

I am 100% positive that you will earn miles, elite points and sectors for the original fare class you paid for when you upgrade. Redemption tickets yes you will not receive any Enrich Miles, Elite Miles or Sectors.

I have tried to retro claim on the website before and it does work but its not always a success. I basically typed in the E-ticket number and the class of booking is not the one printed on the boarding pass but the original fare class paid and it should work. Otherwise it will be KL Sentral who will be able to help surely so I am shocked that they are saying no. I've even tried claiming through via the phone and it works but 1 week to credit.

Henry

That's a GREAT change actually - QF F in SYD is excellent!

truth be told though - in the past if you wanted to, you could have gotten into the Qantas lounges with an enrich Gold or Plat even flying MH.

I've been using the QF First lounge since becoming a OneWorld Emerald member. It really is one of the best airline lounges in the world.

Yes. It was announced in February via MAS FB.

Yup and in the latest Going Places Apr 2014 issue too, Malaysia Airlines announced closing down the SYD GL.

Wow, that's longer than 1 academic semester here in the UK lol. Must be one hell unprecedented type of retro claim that no one has ever encounters before which need thorough corroboration from a lot of departments.

Wow, that's longer than 1 academic semester here in the UK lol. Must be one hell unprecedented type of retro claim that no one has ever encounters before which need thorough corroboration from a lot of departments.

Just a regular MH flight. My bet is that nobody monitors the website. Just my luck that finally one of my emails got noticed.

It is acrually really sad to know that in this age, I mean present day, year 2014, claiming retrospective miles with MH still depends on luck, somebody who monitor the website and somebody who noticed the email.

Maybe they saw your previous emails blipping on their radar screen but it was not considered as hostile hence they let it slipped through and it went lost.

It is acrually really sad to know that in this age, I mean present day, year 2014, claiming retrospective miles with MH still depends on luck, somebody who monitor the website and somebody who noticed the email.

Maybe they saw your previous emails blipping on their radar screen but it was not considered as hostile hence they let it slipped through and it went lost.

Double LIKE! You are on a roll. :p

Try retroclaiming FY flights.3 months ago, I tried retroclaiming > 10 flights online, all at once. None registered yet. None of the flights were registered although had Enrich number during booking and check in. Simply a waste of time and effort. Just gave up retroclaiming for FY , and enjoy the flight.

Edited by V Wong

Try retroclaiming FY flights.3 months ago, I tried retroclaiming > 10 flights online, all at once. None registered yet. None of the flights were registered although had Enrich number during booking and check in. Simply a waste of time and effort. Just gave up retroclaiming for FY , and enjoy the flight.

Have to do it over the phone, tedious but so far the only way that works for me apart from stopping by KL Sentral.

Ridiculous that this cannot be done at MH offices in airports over Malaysia ! Or for them to have an online system which works.

This is actually very strange: I actually credit my MH flights to a combo of Enrich, BAEC and AAdvantage (depending on the earnings and need for requalification)...

on Enrich - the auto credit is spotty at best. With BAEC and AAdvantage - it's sitting at 100%, all posting accurately, and speedily so far. Perplexing... since the flights are MH's own.......

Did you bought your ticket online? Its hard to get accrued as most of FY online fares are non-accrual. But it not a case when you buy from travel agent or MH website.

If buying thru MH website, FY-operated flights are sold as MH flights..hence can be accrued, just like say, SQ operated flight but sold as MH codeshare on MH website...all can accrue on Enrich.

Supposed to be like that but my mum bought an MH ticket (flown on FY) and her Enrich number was in the booking and checked again at check-in but miles still didn't come through. The points are so miniscule that she couldn't be bothered to chase it up and neither could I.

Does anyone know if there is any redemption promotions in the new WOR? The website is not updated yet so thought someone might know if they recently patronised the office in KL Sentral?