MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
KC Sim

Singapore Changi Airport Spotting

mw-A6-ECJ-2009-05-13-03Cr-TOS.jpg

Nice pics & the military planes- Singapore airforce?or US? Looks like US planes?

Edited by zeqa

I love the shots made from SIN :yahoo: especially the special visitor from WSSL! That livery is really B.E.A.UTIFULLLL!! :yahoo: Hopefully it will be a visitor for AMS or DUS in the future

Nice pics & the military planes- Singapore airforce?or US? Looks like US planes?

Republic of Singapore Air Force KC135's and behind Fokker 50's :pardon:

This is the final installment from the ramp trip . . . the pictures posted thus far represent a fraction of the shots taken that day but I hope that it has given you a feel of the action from 0730 - 1730hrs that day.

One of the subjects I have always wanted to get on the ramp is Air Seychelles' B767-200ERs . . . and so here it is, sitting to a B742F of Jett8 Airlines Cargo. Overhead, a mushroom-shaped cloud looms but thankfully did not build up into a storm.

mw-S7-SEZ-2009-05-13-01Cr-RMS-Mushr.jpg

Early in the day, I was photographing the NCA B744F when Emirates' B773ER came into view.

mw-Twin-vs-Quad-2009-05-13-01Cr.jpg

Batam's resident - AN-12F of AirMark is seen here resting in between freight-hauling sorties at Changi Airport.

mw-UP-AN215-2009-05-13-01Br-RMP.jpg

Qantas' B744 climbs out on the final leg home to Sydney.

mw-VH-OJM-2009-05-13-02Cr-oc-TOS.jpg

Together with sistership 9V-PFS, this Learjet 35 of Pacific Flight Services is often engaged in medical evacuation and passenger charter flights around the region. In recent months, their activities seem have been stepped up dramatically.

mw-VH-PFA-2009-05-13-01Cr-RMP.jpg

Jetstar's A320 arrive in Singapore before dawn and stays around until its flight home just before sundown . . . not sure how profitable this kind of daily utilisation is.

mw-VH-VQT-2009-05-13-04Cr-RMP.jpg

Finally, my first decent shot of the A321 of Vietnam Airlines . . . we usually have to contend with high sun. Everywhere I went, VN's aircraft seem to be arriving at lousy timings.

mw-VN-A344-2009-05-13-03Cr-TXS.jpg

mw-VN-A344-2009-05-13-06Cr-TOP.jpg

Among the many B737BBJs that visit Singapore, these two - VP-BEL and VP-BIZ must be the most regular. VP-BEL probably spends more time in SIN and Phuket than anywhere else. Recently, VP-BIZ spent several weeks at Seletar Airport - and did absolutely nothing!

mw-VP-BEL-2009-05-13-01Cr-RMS.jpg

mw-VP-BIZ-2009-05-13-02Cr-RMS.jpg

A daily visitor to Singapore, Jet Airways' B737-800 is landing here at the crack of dawn.

mw-VT-JGQ-2009-05-13-01Cr-LDS.jpg

Another regular Indian visitor is the A319 of Air India.

mw-VT-SCG-2009-05-13-02Cr-TXP.jpg

Until I sort out the next batch of ramp shots from an early visit, I will have to revert to posting only ad-hoc stuff again. Thanks for viewing and for your comments.

KC Sim

Love the angle of the Antonov 12 :good:

This was the one tail-tipping last November, right ? :huh:

Thanks, once again, for the outstanding shots...

Beh ta han liao (cannot stand anymore)...can organise a spotting trip to SIN-city kah?

Awesome selections of photos from the ramp once again, KC! :good:

Beh ta han liao (cannot stand anymore)...can organise a spotting trip to SIN-city kah?

Someone already did ... :rolleyes:

Together with sistership 9V-PFS, this Learjet 35 of Pacific Flight Services is often engaged in medical evacuation and passenger charter flights around the region. In recent months, their activities seem have been stepped up dramatically.

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b104/aviasian/mw-VH-PFA-2009-05-13-01Cr-RMP.jpg

I think its supposed to be VH-PFS?

Come!! Organise! 1 day trip! Many 0 fare now.. hehe

Beautiful photography KC. Its not just the aircraft but also the angles and arty bits. Lots of A.Net worthy shots you got there! Thanks for sharing. :)

Jetstar's A320 arrive in Singapore before dawn and stays around until its flight home just before sundown . . . not sure how profitable this kind of daily utilisation is
Thats all about to change. With Jetstar Asia to operate SIN-CGK-PER return on behalf of Jetstar, Jetstar will operate some SIN-BKK-SIN and SIN-PEN-SIN flights for Jetstar Asia.

Sorry, one of the pics in the last batch was indeed VH-PFS. Thanks for pointing out the error.

More ramp shots from an earlier visit in March 2008.

I am a triJet fan and anything with three engines is bound to get my attention. Lufthansa Cargo's MD-11F are a joy to watch on 6 out of 7 mornings.

mw1-D-ALCH-2008-03-18-11Cr-TOS.jpg

mw1-D-ALCH-2008-03-18-05Cr-TXP.jpg

One pretty livery on a freighter - the livery of China Airlines is truly beautiful. Love the plum blossom on the tail, the chinese seal on the fuselage and the unusual cheatlines.

mw1-B-18723-2008-03-18-02Cr-TXP.jpg

One of the B777-300s that already has the new livery. SIA is now in the process of retrofitting the interior of the B777-300s with new first, business and economy class seats that more closely match those in its A380, B77W and A333 fleets.

mw1-9V-SYC-2008-03-18-03Cr-TXP-Clos.jpg

Another view of 9V-SYC with an ANA B767 climbing out on its way to Tokyo.

mw1-9V-SYC-2008-03-18-01Br-TXP-ANA-.jpg

Two shots of the A380 taking off on its maiden flight to London-Heathrow on 18 March 2008.

mw-9V-SKB-2008-03-18-01Br-LHR-In-1.jpg

mw-9V-SKB-2008-03-18-04Cr-LHR-In-1.jpg

I simply love this view of a B777 . . . those engines are really massive!

mw-JA701J-2008-03-14-02Br-TOS.jpg

Nippon Cargo Airlines' B744F are a common sight in SIN . . . long may they continue to fly.

mw-JA01KZ-2008-03-14-05Cr-TXP.jpg

One that is not expected to fly for too long is SIA's B744 in passenger service, seen here climbing out after a very long take-off run.

mw-9V-SPF-2008-03-14-05Cr-oc-TOS.jpg

KC Sim

Good idea! I seconded on that. :)

I don't see why cannot considering we have loads of direct BKI - SIN flights now. :good:

Garuda Indonesia's A330-200 in the new colour scheme made a surprise appearance this afternoon as GA826 from CGK. A pity that the weather didn't cooperate this time around.

PK-GPH_MW.jpg

I personally feel that the new livery is a great improvement over the old livery! :)

Here's mine from the Beach ... horrid weather! :angry:

Looks like Garuda too get the same idea from MAS... "YES!! Visit our countries every year!" :p

Garuda A330-200, PK-GPH (c/n:1020)

PK-GPH_WSSS_180709.jpg

British Airways B747-400, "One World" G-CIVC (c/n:25812)

G-CIVC_WSSS_180709.jpg

Thanks for viewing. Cheers.

Now Garuda is getting more modern with new livery and heaps of new aircraft in longhaul and domestic aircraft, and also expending in flights I feel its time for MAS for at least have an updated livery on their aircraft, not that I dont like the present livery, its beautifull but still I feel they can upgrade :D

Thx for sharing the nice shots from SIN :yahoo:

Garuda's A330-200 in new colours is a truly beautiful catch! Kianhong, considering the weather and lighting condition, must say your picture turned out very well.

Very interesting choice of colours for the airline's title - rendered in what appears to be a lovely shade of grey with a metallic sheen (not sure if it is just from the angle I saw it). Also the Garuda bird logo on the fuselage is now rendered in two shades of blue - as opposed to the previous one in at least four different shades.

To all in SIN, better catch this one before it gets deployed on Garuda's flights to Japan and elsewhere.

KC Sim

• Like 1

Hoe Jyh, while you catch the GA new color from the other side of the terminal, I got her from Terminal 3 around 0950. :rolleyes:

PKGPH1w.jpg

Close up of the tail

PKGPHtw.jpg

Kianhong, nice photos considering in such weather condition. Must be the power of L :good:

Sorry once again for not joining you by the beach. :sorry:

KC Sim, thanks for the hospitality and I really had a wonderful session there. :drinks:

Certainly wanted to go back there in the near future ! :yahoo:

• Like 1

Wow Chaity was in SIN for spotting :clapping:

Yeah Simon, too much of Jelly fish and the local bulis for me. :pardon:

Go catch some SQs in SIN :lol: :p

9VSWBfw.jpg

Garuda's A330-200 in new colours is a truly beautiful catch! Kianhong, considering the weather and lighting condition, must say your picture turned out very well.

Kianhong, nice photos considering in such weather condition. Must be the power of L :good:

Sorry once again for not joining you by the beach. :sorry:

No worries ... Great catch from the terminal. :good: I am sure u got more in ur CF. SQ A345? UM B762?

L only help so much in terms of sharpness ... I shot the Garuda in RAW and tweaked them in Potatoshop :pardon: after experienced the same horrid weather last weekend with Nile Air.