MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
KC Sim

Singapore Changi Airport Spotting

Nice catches Chaity! Great to see that there was sunlight when she came in on the morning flight yesterday:D

Thanks Hoe Jyh, the light was On & Off in the morning. Someone must be playing with the light switch. :p

Edited by Chaity

It was truly an amazing day today with great weather, great company and great subjects :)

Blue Line A310 F-HBOY operated BLE921 from Vienna via Bangkok.

F-HBOY_MW.jpg

QANTAS sent Wunala Dreaming, VH-OEJ as QF6 from Frankfurt this evening in excellent sunlight for once! :lol: After countless attempts at getting a decent photo of her, I was speechless with joy.

VH-OEJ_MW.jpg

Bangkok Airways A319 HS-PGX 'Hiroshima' rounded off a great day of spotting.

HS-PGX_MW.jpg

Cheers!

After several hazy days, it was thrilling enough to see blue skies . . . Wunala Dreaming just made us want to pinch ourselves to confirm that this wonderful dream is for real. Blue Line's A310 was an early indication that this was going to be a day to remember, and from then on, even MAS B734 and Garuda B737s look good.

We had Jerrold Wu from Hawaii with us, and he provided us with the usual dose of fun. The superb sunset - the setting sun looks like the yolk of a salted duck egg - provided more chances for us to take some non-aviation shots of people on the beach.

What a great day and may there be more of these. Beautiful pictures Hoe Jyh, no need for any from my haul as they aren't too different.

KC

It was indeed great fun with Jerrold yesterday, KC.

The Blue Line A310 above brought in the Liverpool team from Bangkok yesterday for their weekend match in Singapore. :)

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/drilldown/N165158090723-0946.htm

CLUB AND RAFA THANK TERRIFIC THAIS

The Reds' departure from their Bangkok hotel after breakfast this morning reduced many of their fans to tears as they bade farewell to their Kop idols.

Singapore will now host the Reds over the next four days, with the culmination of their stay being a match against the national team on Sunday evening.

But before boarding the club's chartered flight to Singapore, Liverpool Commercial Director Ian Ayre was keen to speak on behalf of the club to thank the Thai people for making the Reds' stay in Bangkok so memorable.

The Blue Line A310 arrived at Singapore at 1446hrs, which meant an estimated departure time of about 1215-1230hrs from Bangkok. Working backwards, this would mean that the team had breakfast at about 0830-0930hrs, thus it was highly probable that they had boarded this aircraft.

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/drilldown/N165162090723-1513.htm

DAY 1 WITH THE REDS IN SINGAPORE

singapore2.jpg

The aircraft does matches the livery of the Blue Line A310 (blue cheatline on silver body). The exif of this photo showed that it was taken at 0701hrs, but that is probably because the clock of the camera was set back in the UK. In addition, the strong sunlight in the photo was also not possible in Singapore at 0701hrs yesterday. This would translate to 0701 + 0800 = 1501hrs local time, which is very probable given the arrival time of the aircraft.

Edited by Hoe Jyh

News pictures of the Liverpool football team arriving in SIN from BKK seems to indicate they traveled on the A310 of Blue Line. Now that begins to make sense, especially with the photo that came out from Hoe Jyh's sleuth work! Given flight time and time difference, the team would have departed BKK at around 1130hrs local time, had their tom yam koong lunch onboard the plane. I wish they had applied some form of Liverpool emblem on the plane.

mw-F-HBOY-2009-07-23-01Cr-Blueline-.jpg

Although I mentioned earlier that I will not be posting shots of today's haul, I just cannot resist it. Like Hoe Jyh, I too finally could say I have a shot of Wunala Dreaming in good light - after years of chasing.

mw-VH-OEJ-2009-07-23-04Cr-WunalaDre.jpg

The light was so good and Cardiq Air's purple livery came out looking very good. This B737F has been named "Motivation".

mw-PK-BBA-2009-07-23-06Cr-APS.jpg

And so motivated I was . . . I decided to try out some nose shots of otherwise common subjects.

mw-G-YMMH-2009-07-23-01Cr-APS-Nose.jpg

mw-VH-OJO-2009-07-23-01Cr-oc-APS-No.jpg

Thanks Hoe Jyh for the timely info on Blue Line's arrival.

KC Sim

Edited by KC Sim

Beautiful stuff there !

I was pretty sure someone will be at the beach shooting as i get off work yesterday. :good:

Regrettably, although I planned to photograph PH-BQE from the beach, the weather did not co-operate and was gray the whole day. Just before sundown, there was a brief burst of sunshine, but even that did not last long.

Yesterday was a whole different world . . . this photo of Hoe Jyh on the left and Jerrold Wu on the right (not that anyone could see their faces) taken around 1840hrs shows the sunset in all its glory.

mw-HoeJyhJerroldWU-2009-07-23-01Cr.jpg

We actually had as much fun photographing dogs, people and one another as we did photographing planes. There were other photographers on the beach. Kianhong : you are right, with weather like yesterday's one could expect someone to be out there. Would be such a waste if no one took advantage of it.

KC Sim

Edited by KC Sim

Pieter and Mai were not on that KLM flight.

Apparently they were refused boarding at AMS as the flight was full.

They re-routed via BKK (on another airline)eventually.

Thx for nice pictures :D Anyone nailed PHBQE with Mai and Pieter? They must be on approach around this time!

Nice QF pics

It's a scene of catch me if you can as fleet is going to be turned hopping mad So catch as many pics of the 80's livery as they will go :angry:

N324FP Gulfstream G-IV SP from Osaka. Love the clean line of the design and those huge oval window.

N324FP_WSSS_260709.jpg

Glad to see her flying, though definitely need a bath or two.

9V-JEB_WSSS_260709.jpg

Cheers. Thanks for viewing.

In recent years, there has indeed been an increase in the number of biz-jets passing through Changi Airport . . . but that has not improved my ability to recognise their types and manufacturers. These two were among those that came through in the last few days . . . N933H on 20 July. I am amazed how clean the underside of the wings are - absolutely nothing on the undersurfaces.

mw-N933H-2009-07-20-01Cr-APS.jpg

And thanks to Kianhong, I now know the next one - N324FP, photographed on 26 July - is a Gulfstream G-IV-SP.

mw-N324FP-2009-06-26-02Cr-APS.jpg

Saturday's Air France flight in Singapore was delayed and the B777-300ER finally appeared on the flightboard on Sunday morning as AF256A. And as it turned out, they more than compensated for the delay with the use of the Skyteam aircraft.

mw-F-GZNE-2009-07-26-02Cr-Skyteam-A.jpg

There was a ceremony at Changi Airport today to mark the successful launch of twice-weekly B777-200LRF flights by AeroLogic between Leipzig and Singapore. The ceremony took place at the JetQuay terminal . . . and I was reminded of a similar ceremony for Jett8 Airlines Cargo. Sadly, Jett8's operation has in the last year become erratic at best. The fleet - which at its height totalled two B742Fs and a leased B744ERF - has dwindled to a solitary B742F 9V-JEB. It was a surprise when we saw it landing . . . forget about the bath that Kianhong recommended . . . concentrate on earning its keep just so we don't lose the last member of its fleet.

mw-9V-JEB-2009-06-26-05Cr-APS.jpg

Thai's A340-600 are now a regular feature on the airline's schedule . . . as seen here landing on Sunday morning. But I know of at least one person who might be disappointed when his flight to BKK a few days ago transformed into a B747-400. There goes my order for a safety card!

mw-HS-TND-2009-06-26-01Cr-APP.jpg

And Sunday afternoon also brought along a delayed Martinair flight . . . operated by KLM Cargo's B744ERF PH-CKC. Had it arrived in the morning as scheduled, we would have been able to photograph the port side with the "Operated by Martinair" sticker. After more than a month, this sticker still eluded me. The chase for a port-side picture continues.

mw-PH-CKC-2009-06-26-02Cr-APS.jpg

Update on the Blue Line A310-300 F-HBOY. After trouncing the Singapore national team 5:0 (and probably having pull back their punches to not humiliate our national team more than they already have), the Liverpool team left Singapore within hours of the end of the match on Sunday. Heard from a friend at JetQuay terminal that it was a very hungry team that departed SIN. They polished off most of the food that was catered. Here's hoping that more football teams will come this way with their chartered planes.

KC Sim

Wow ... what a beautiful cheatline on that Gulfstream G550. Love them, such a sexy clean line. Gulfstream G-V/G550 have one of the largest window compared to any aircraft.

And good catch on the AF Skyteam, KC. Early bird catches the worm. :good:

I am amazed how clean the underside of the wings are - absolutely nothing on the undersurfaces.

Gulfstream use 1 sheet of metal for their wing surfaces. I'll teach you the differences one day, KC!

Thanks Liam, I sure could use a few short-cut fool-proof pointers on how to tell those biz-jets apart.

Tuesday (28 Jul) was great for photography as the winds from the southeast meant clear skies for us. And the Meteorological Department was brave enough to even forecast three days of good weather! So off I went to Changi Beach, even as nothing special was coming in and I did get tonnes of regular stuff in nice light. But the most special were the Twin Otters that I photographed. Will show their pic later.

Wednesday (29 Jul) was mostly fair as predicted . . . but passing clouds with dark bases from time to time gave the impression that it was about to rain when you study some of the following pictures. This AirMark AN-32 is a regular operator from Singapore to Labuan, Pekan Bahru, Brunei etc and was one of those that came in under a dark cloud. It has also sprouted new markings - Syabas Aviation - midway along the fuselage.

mw-EW-262TK-2009-07-29-03Cr-SyabasA.jpg

Another one with a dark cloud is Air India Express - I love the fact that AIX or Curry Express as it is known to members of Mwings, is now coming in more regularly. Here's two from yesterday.

mw-VT-AXJ-2009-07-29-01Cr-APS.jpg

mw-VT-AXP-2009-07-29-02Cr-APS.jpg

Another pair of biz-jets . . . the one from Indonesia PK-RJB has a nice livery.

mw-PK-RJB-2009-07-29-02Cr-APS.jpg

mw-N45JE-2009-07-29-01Cr-APS.jpg

Just so that you are convinced that it was a fair day, just look at the skies when Firefly landed.

mw-9M-FYG-2009-07-29-01Cr-APS.jpg

And what a joy KLM was today . . . sending B777-300ER PH-BVB in the afternoon and B744-400ERF in the morning - this time I finally managed to get it on the portside with the Martinair sticker.

mw-PH-BVB-2009-07-29-01Cr-APS.jpg

mw-PH-CKC-2009-07-29-02Cr-Martinair.jpg

Gulfair's Airbus fleet - A340-300s, A330-200s and A320s - are being serviced by SIA Engineering Company. So even as it does not fly to Singapore, we still are able to photograph them when they undertake test flights. Here's an A330-200 A9C-KD.

mw-A9C-KD-2009-07-29-01Cr-BahrainGP.jpg

Good little Cebu Pacific seems to be flying into runway 20R more regularly lately . . .

mw-RP-C3243-2009-07-29-03Cr-APP.jpg

Thai Airways International's morning service lately operates A346 equipment, but in recent days seems to be replaced by the B747-400. Thankfully, the Star-ship was sent yesterday.

mw-HS-TGW-2009-07-29-02Cr-StarAllia.jpg

Not to be outdone, little Bangkok Airways squeezed in its colourful A319 just before the sun dropped below the horizon. This one has Siem Reap titles - I thought that it removed all Siem Reap Air titles since early this year when the airline was banned by the EU.

mw-HS-PGZ-2009-07-29-02Cr-SiemReapA.jpg

And here's the twin otters . . . as promised. Yes, they came ashore at Changi Beach just north of the airport. After exploring the beach for about 30 seconds, they found the presence of people not to their liking and swam towards Pulau Ubin. Bet some of you were thinking MAS or MASWings Twin Otters came to SIN. :yahoo:

mw-TwinOtters-2009-07-28-01Cr.jpg

KC Sim

Edited by KC Sim

The two afternoons I spent at Changi beach this year were probably two of my best spotting days at SIN so far. Hopefully there will be many more similar days to come before I leave.

Looking at the many days Thai sent the A345/A346 to SIN, I can say that I am definitely unlucky in getting a B744, which according to KC, hasn't made any recent appearances at SIN until my flight last Friday. And yes KC, I was very disappointed as it said "346" on my itinerary! Grr!

I must say that the winglet with the old Thai logo is much nicer than a plain old purple winglet though. :)

Edited by Jerrold Wu

Oh, and looking at some of my takeoff shots from SIN, there seems to be a former TAM MD-11 (now freighter) in front the SASCO hangar. This was as of Friday the 24th of July. Hopefully we can photograph it during air tests, if it didn't already leave.

Some specials caught today.

Garuda A332 (PK-GPJ) with new colour in much better light n sky. This is her second run of the day into WSSS. KC caught her first run in the morning.

PK-GPJ_WSSS_310709.jpg

Surprise of the day was really this Turkish Star Alliance in the form of A343 (TC-JDL). :D

TC-JDL_WSSS_310709.jpg

Second of the catch of the day was this ex-TransGlobal Airways (RP-C8018) devoid of any color.

RP-C8010_WSSS_310709.jpg

BA sent 'Change for Good' (B-GNLZ).

G-BNLZ_WSSS_310709.jpg

Thanks for viewing. Cheers.