MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
KC Sim

Singapore Changi Airport Spotting

Nice weather! Got more? :)

Nuriman : Safest bet would be either Changi beach or Changi Business Park depend on active runway.

Edited by kianhong

Nice weather! Got more? :)

Nuriman : Safest bet would be either Changi beach or Changi Business Park depend on active runway.

Nothing more special than this JAL.

Because I was there for just......1 hour

So did anyone manage to get photos of the Jett8 B742 with the Changi color scheme and the Porsche race? Surprised no one has any photos yet!

I have a photo of the aircraft, 9V-JEB which operated JX713/JX714 to/from Hong Kong on the day after the race but the photo quality is far too bad to share as the weather was simply terrible when she returned in the evening on the same day. There are 2 stickers at the front of the aircraft - BusAds (which printed the stickers) and SHAECO (Jett8's maintenance company). The huge Changi sticker is of course pasted at the back.

Great Wall Airlines B744BCF B-2430 (formerly SQ 9V-SMT). A nice change from the usual B744Fs (former SQ Cargo)!

B-2430_MW.jpg

After drooling at the excellent photos posted of her visit to KUL, she finally decided to pay Changi Airport a visit today. Thanks a lot to Pieter for the information! :drinks:

PH-BVD_MW.jpg

Not to be outdone, QANTAS from OneWorld sent in Wunala Dreaming again in superb evening light.

VH-OEJ_MW.jpg

My version of the shots of the day. Thanks for KC & MW for all the info.

PH-BVD SkyTeam

phbvd-999.jpg

Also, additional unexpected surprise visitor.

VH-OEJ Wunala Dreaming

vhoej-999.jpg

Edited by tsentsan

So did anyone manage to get photos of the Jett8 B742 with the Changi color scheme and the Porsche race? Surprised no one has any photos yet!

Sorry, not the kind of top quality pictures that are usually posted here, but here's an image of the Jett8 aircraft with Changi logo on it. Couldn't fit the whole aircraft into my view finder as it was too close.

Back:

IMG_0036.jpg

Front:

IMG_0034a.jpg

Hoe Jyh & Tsentsan,

Great shots, guys, a job well done of nailing Victor-Delta on her 1st visit to SIN-city... :good:

If special liveried planes are like apples and one a day keeps the doctor away, then we are fine.

Yesterday (Monday 14 Sep) brought with it a bout of good sunshine in the late afternoon and Jetstar sent in the Titans. Unlike GO ROOS and Seaworld, this special livery is not very visible until the plane is very near.

mw-VH-VQP-2009-09-14-02Br-Titans-AP.jpg

This morning, a call from a friend alerted me to the presence of a Cathay Pacific aircraft in oneworld livery . . . and I wasted no time rushing down to the airport. I need not have rushed for it went out about 50 minutes late as CX736. It was B-HLU looking really smart in the oneworld livery.

mw-B-HLU-2009-09-15-02Cr-oneworld-T.jpg

KC Sim

Wasnt sure about it but apparently the seaworld did come to kch days ago.. nice catch KC :drinks:

Simon: CX A330 1world?? Wow another great livery to catch.

And certainly another model in 1:400 scale for Simon to chase after.

Here are some freighter shots - mostly of noses - taken in recent days.

Finally I managed to get the two most colourful freighter noses at Changi : a TNT B744ERF and a KLM Cargo / Martinair B744ERF.

mw-OO-THB-2009-09-13-04Cr-APS-Nose.jpg

mw-PH-CKC-2009-09-16-01Cr-Martinair.jpg

And one of the cutest regular at Changi - the one and only AN-32 we get.

mw-EW-262TK-2009-09-13-03Cr-APS-Nos.jpg

mw-EW-262TK-2009-09-16-01Cr-TOP.jpg

Today, we finally witnessed the inaugural flight of Kingfisher Airlines. IT29 arrived earlier than scheduled in dismal weather but when it finally was time to push back at around 1005hrs (10 mins earlier than scheduled), there was just enough light for some shots. It was parked at B5 and VT-VJL was pushed back facing north.

mw-VT-VJL-2009-09-17-03Cr-PUS.jpg

It taxied to runway 20C for departure as the runway in the background (20R) was being inspected.

mw-VT-VJL-2009-09-17-05Cr-TXS.jpg

Parked next to it is one-time and for the briefest of time . . . a partner but otherwise a keen competitor - Jet Airways.

mw-VT-VJL-2009-09-17-06Vr-Engine.jpg

Earlier, we were invited to inspect and photograph the cabin . . . I came away seeing red. All seats in both Kingfisher first and Kingfisher classes are upholstered in red.

In Kingfisher first class, a bright red leather is used and passengers are also able to enjoy drinks at the bar during flight.

mw-VT-VJL-2009-09-17-12Cr-cabin-bus.jpg

mw-VT-VJL-2009-09-17-13Cr-bar.jpg

All Kingfisher class (economy) seats are upholstered in a deep red fabric which looked quite comfortable.

mw-VT-VJL-2009-09-17-09Cr-cabin-eco.jpg

mw-VT-VJL-2009-09-17-10Cr-cabin-eco.jpg

mw-VT-VJL-2009-09-17-11Vr-economy-s.jpg

KC Sim

KC,

Nice nose jobs of the cargo jumbos! :good:

And Kingfisher's super red interior is surprisingly beautiful in your photos. Could have easily been an overkill though.