MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
KC Sim

Singapore Changi Airport Spotting

It was Nationaal Park Fulufjället (PH-BVB) as KLM837 on July 1. Thanks Pieter for sending her over here. Unfortunatey, I didn't manage to get Firefly first flight into WSSS.

PH-BVB_WSSS_010709.jpg

Thanks for viewing. Cheers. :)

It was Nationaal Park Fulufjället (PH-BVB) as KLM837 on July 1. Thanks Pieter for sending her over here.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v485/kianhong/2008%20v1/PH-BVB_WSSS_010709.jpg

Fantastic landing picture ! :good:

Due 777 fleet problems, KLM had to send a 773 i.s.o. 772 :pardon:

Will you take my landing shot on 24jul09 ? :huh:

Would appreciate... :yahoo:

Fantastic landing picture ! :good:

Due 777 fleet problems, KLM had to send a 773 i.s.o. 772 :pardon:

Will you take my landing shot on 24jul09 ? :huh:

Would appreciate... :yahoo:

Can't promise ... will have to see if there's work in the office on that day.

Sending PH-BVC this time? :pardon:

Today, on the third day of Firefly's operation into Singapore Changi Airport, the airline's 8th flight was finally given the official welcome. At the ceremony, Firefly's MD Mr Eddy Leong announced that besides its previous confirmation of services from Singapore to Subang, Ipoh, Kuala Terengganu, Malacca and Kuantan which will be inaugurated between now and September 2009, it is also adding Kota Bharu and Alor Setar in October. What a big operator into Changi Firefly is going to be all of a sudden.

These three shots were taken of 9M-FYA which arrived filled to the hilt with 72 passengers. For the entire month of July, forward bookings between Subang and Singapore stand at 78% already . . . and the month has just begun. It looks like Firefly with burst through 80% load factor for this month on the Subang-Singapore-Subang route!

mw-9M-FYA-2009-07-03-01Cr-TXS.jpg

mw-9M-FYA-2009-07-03-04Cr-TXS.jpg

mw-9M-FYA-2009-07-03-09Cr-RMS.jpg

Firefly is the third airline to use Changi Airport's Budget Terminal.

KC Sim

Sending PH-BVC this time? :pardon:

Still planned with 772... :(

K C,

Nice shots of the FY 'inaugural'...was wondering where would they operate from, but you answered that already :pardon:

The others are Cebu Pacific and Tiger, right ? :huh:

Woohoo ... now we have big jellyfish and firefly in Lion city. The KUL-SIN route is getting crowd.

Thanks guy for sharing these wonderful pix. :)

Wow,now KUL-SIN is operated by MH,MI,SQ,FY,and AK :clapping:

Please,Do keep us updated with latest photos from the Lion City :lol:

FY ATR72.

Is this the only schedule Turboprop operating into Changi?

Nice one KC..

FY ATR72.

Is this the only schedule Turboprop operating into Changi?

Nice one KC..

Yes it is. The last scheduled turboprop passenger service was by Bangkok Airways I think (before they switched to the B717 years ago).

Here's some movements from Saturday (4 July 2009) :

Finally, I get my first picture of the A321 of Jetstar (VH-VWW)in the final rays of the sun.

mw-VH-VWW-2009-07-04-02Cr-APS-strob.jpg

Never one to pass off a triJet, no matter how many times I have seen it. In the setting sun, even Fedex's MD-11F looks great.

mw-N574FE-2009-07-04-01Cr-APS.jpg

One of a pair of incredibly-busy Learjets of Pacific Flight Services, VH-PFS is seen here returning from yet another medivac sortie.

mw-VH-PFS-2009-07-04-01Cr-APS.jpg

KC Sim

Today's weather was exactly as predicted - fair in the morning and rain in the afternoon. And so I went out even as nothing special appeared on the arrival board. And I wasn't disappointed with Qantas' A380 VH-OQC which caught the rising sun when it landed at 0805hrs.

mw-VH-OQC-2009-07-09-01Br-APP.jpg

KC Sim

Beautiful, with this 'silver lining' K C; still think QF has the best A380 colours around !!! :good:

On 13 May 2009 - a little more than a month before Andrew re-located to Los Angeles - we had an opportunity to spend a day on the ramp at Changi Airport. It was a day blessed with both great weather and photo opportunities and I have only just finished processing all my shots from that wonderful day. And starting from now, I will progressively be uploading a cross-section of the shots from that day's outing.

Until now, I have not really got any shots of Air Mauritius' A330-200 taken in decent light . . . so I was happy to get it taxying out with the control tower in the background. I truly love this classic livery - cheatlines and all.

mw-3B-NBM-2009-05-13-06Cr-SINtwr-TX.jpg

SriLankan Airlines is using a mix of A340-300s and A330-200s to Singapore and I was glad that on this day, the bigger bus was used. Here is it seen taxying to runway 02C for its afternoon departure to Colombo.

mw-4R-ADC-2009-05-13-02Cr-TXS.jpg

mw-4R-ADC-2009-05-13-08Cr-TOP.jpg

Taxying out for departure on runway 02L in the morning was AirAsia's A320 in old colours. In the background, one could see the renovation work going on in Terminal One.

mw-9M-AFT-2009-05-13-01Cr-oc-TXS.jpg

Another AirAsia A320 is taxying out to runway 02C later the same afternoon.

mw-9M-AHD-2009-05-13-06Cr-oc-TXS.jpg

Jetstar Asia's A320 is being pushed back past a Thai Airways International's A330-300. These two liveries demands absolutely great light - anything less than that, the metallic paintworks look dismal.

mw-9V-JSC-2009-05-13-02Cr-PUP.jpg

Another Jetstar Asia A320 seen here departing in the afternoon.

mw-9V-JSD-2009-05-13-08Cr-TOP.jpg

Even as SIA very quickly removed names previously given to its fleet, I am glad that the repainting of the MEGA ARKs hasn't progressed that quickly. So I happily clicked away at the MEGA ARK, especially the front end.

mw-9V-SFO-2009-05-13-03Cr-RMP-Nose.jpg

Another angle to admire this livery.

mw-9V-SFO-2009-05-13-06Cr-RMP-Nose-.jpg

More shots will be uploaded in little dribs and drabs.

KC Sim

Excellent angle in the last picture, K C; I know what you mean, when you're soooo close to the Queen of the Skies: she is magnificent; I've experienced the same regularly with the KLM ones, when they're parked in front of the hangar(s) :pardon:

Really looking forward to more (apron) pictures from SIN-city... :good:

Hi KC. Stunning shots that can be had from the ramp. Out of curiosity, what lens did you use for these shots? Thank you.

Edited by fablee

Wonder how you get so close to the aircrafts KC....

Ya, ramp area!

Pieter : The thrill of walking right under the Queen of the Skies is awe-inspiring. I continue to be amazed how beautiful the B747 looks from every conceivable angle . . . after these ramp shots are uploaded in the next days and maybe a week or two, I will dive into my collection for other angles of the B747 taken previously on the ramp.

Fablee : Wide angle shots mostly with 17-55mm lens and tele-shots with my usual 75-200mm tele with 1.4X converter.

Simon : Yes, these shots were taken on the ramp with no restrictions to how close for aircraft that are parked . . . of course taxying shots are taken from "safe zones" marked on the ramp. Just as Waiping said.

One of the most elusive Singapore Airlines for me to photograph has been the Airbus A340-500, simply because they arrive in the dark hours before dawn. So on the ramp, it was a joy to see two of them with this one parked in a favourable sunlit position. I took a shot, walked a few steps forward and take another shot . . . and continued to do so until my wide-angle lens could not longer accommodate it.

mw-9V-SGD-2009-05-13-04Cr-RMS.jpg

From the pointed end of the forward fuselage, the profile of the A340-500 is quite beautiful.

mw-9V-SGD-2009-05-13-11Cr-RMS-Close.jpg

mw-9V-SGD-2009-05-13-09Cr-RMS.jpg

And I still have not gotten over the joy of photographing the A380 . . . seen here landing early in the morning from London-Heathrow. Thankfully the storm clouds that provided the backdrop were blown away from the airfield.

mw-9V-SKB-2009-05-13-02Cr-LDS.jpg

At pushback, one could see just how chunky the fuselage is . . .

mw-9V-SKB-2009-05-13-03Cr-PUP-Close.jpg

Ringside view of the A380 taxying out for departure to London-Heathrow in the early afternoon . . . those wings are heavy.

mw-9V-SKB-2009-05-13-04Cr-TXS.jpg

Enroute to runway 20C, the A380 gently taxied past a puddle of water on the ramp . . . in the heat of the day, the puddle soon dried up.

mw-9V-SKB-2009-05-13-01Br-TXS-Refle.jpg

In the early evening, this A380 is seen here returning from Tokyo-Narita . . . catching the setting sun on its fuselage.

mw-9V-SKC-2009-05-13-01Cr-TXS-Close.jpg

Parked on the ramp were two planes seemingly destined to be withdrawn from use - B777-200 9V-SQB and B747-400 9V-SPE. However in recent weeks, both have been seen operating in full new colours!!!

mw-9V-SQB-2009-05-13-08Vr-RMS-9V-SP.jpg

mw-9V-SQB-2009-05-13-03Cr-RMS-wfu.jpg

mw-9V-SPE-2009-05-13-02Cr-RMS-wfu.jpg

Another B747-400 in new livery is taking off on its way to Tokyo-Narita and Los Angeles.

mw-9V-SPQ-2009-05-13-02Cr-TOS.jpg

Because my files are ordered according to registrations first, this installment and the next couple will be Singapore-registered subjects, mostly SIA of course.

KC Sim

KC...nice weather and traffics down South! Love those A345 shots from the front! Please continue to upload more... :D