MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Ignatius

A pictorial tribute to Mas F50

Hey guyz,.. Nick, Delwin and I went to spot the last days of operation for MAS F50 in Kuching.. and also in a way the very last time we'll ever see this turboprop beauty touching down and taking off Runwei 25 and 07 at Kuching International Airport.. THough it was very late and the sun was already sun setting with very bad lights for anykind of photography <_ we held on to witness the last landing... time was when she finally came for landing.. didn have a scanner so clue where this beauty from.. it makes us even more sad see with only one operational landing lights src="%7B___base_url___%7D/uploads/emoticons/default_sad.png" alt=":(">

IPB Image

It was almost 7pm when the last of the F50's left Kuching for the very last time... One left on Runwei 07 to its new hub in Miri and the other must have left for Subang (correct me if I am wrong)

IPB Image

We'll definitely miss spotting F50 in Kch, therefore we want to make this thread a special pictorial tribute to Mas F50, and we would appreciate it if any of you have had any pictures of F50 taken anywhere in Malaysia. Let's all contribute together :good: :drinks:

Taken during Emperor and Taiko's departure back to Kuala Lumpur on their funky Airbus

IPB Image

Taken on Wednesday with Emperor and Stowaway Edwin

IPB Image

Taken with Mount Santubong in the background during a rare Runway 07 landing approach

IPB Image

Sunset shots of F50

IPB Image

Taking off from Kch Intl, taken from terminals ramp

IPB Image

F50 entering runway 07 for backtracking

IPB Image

IPB Image

F50 taxiing to runway 25

IPB Image

F50 on hold

IPB Image

F50 cleared for immediate take off

IPB Image

F50 taking off for another routine sector in Sarawak

IPB Image

F50 on final approach over Runway 25 in a clear blue sky weather

IPB Image

IPB Image

PLease do contribute to this thread guys.. nothing but Fokker 50's of ex-Malaysia Airlines :good: :clapping:

nice thread u had created... :) :good: should this thread pin? <_ i post some of mine sooner or later... src="%7B___base_url___%7D/uploads/emoticons/default_smile.png" alt=":)"> is that MGI is the last in full MH c/s?

Nice shot guys.. Not bad for a last day shots of MH F50.. love the one with sunset..

My contribution.. Taken today 1/8/2006 0130LT at hangar 01, SZB.. they're 9M-MGA (inside the hangar), 9M-MGI, 9M-MGJ and 9M-MGK..

IPB Image

Syamsuri, nice shots of the remaining F50 fleet... when was it taken? It's kindda sad isn't it?

Syamsuri, nice shots of the remaining F50 fleet... when was it taken? It's kindda sad isn't it?

Sorry Ignatius, my bad typo.. the shot taken yesterday 1/8/2006 from 9M-MRH returning from test flight.. it was about 1.30PM..

Will try to get more shot tomorrow.. before they turn into FAX c/s..

nice one, iggy... you withness and share with us the final moments of MAS F50....

Samsyuri, hope to see the pictures of the F50 painted into the simple FAX livery soon....

Thanks a lot, guys, for taking the time to photograph this beautiful 'Dutch' lady in 'Malaysian dress'...

Hope her new attire will suit here as nice as this one ;)

Iggy...

Good thread :good: ... Thanks for starting it & providing the F50 pix..

When F50 still serves Peninsular... I was looking forward for the a/craft

and prefer it to B737... :pardon:

That's why KUL-KUA, KUL-KTE (Pelangi), KUL-IPH were my favourite destination

years ago... since most flights served by this beauty...

Incidentally my first ever flight was in her elder sister F27 Friendship

from Malacca to Kuala Lumpur... back in late 1977 :rolleyes:

Samsyuri... looking forward for the F50's transformation..

(Mod's PS: I'll pin this thread when all members has gone thru' it)

I have no F-50 photos to post, only memories. I rode the Pelangi Air F-50 from Padang to SZB via Pekan Baru back in 1992. It was very memorable but bumpy. The seatbelt lights kept switching on and off. I remember a child crying everytime that happened. Just like Norman I prefer the F-50 to the 737. My first flight was on a Fokker too, a Merpati F-28 from Penang to Medan way back in 1978.

Btw all MH F-50s will become FAX right? So will the FAX F-50s serve KCH too? Sorry I did not check the details.

ok..here's my contribution..presenting...MIKE GOLF ALPHA...most of it are close up..I'm so gonna miss this plane.... :(

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

i think i have few more of golf charlie..later i search for it....bye bye MAS F50...

I'll scan my old F50 pics I taken around 1999. I was at BKI back then and using the old film camera. I'm so sad that the F50 lost it MH colors...

I was thinking of doing a tribute video. I wonder if you guys mind I use the pix uploaded here?

Btw all MH F-50s will become FAX right? So will the FAX F-50s serve KCH too? Sorry I did not check the details.

If i remember correctly only 7 will turn red..

..& KCH will not be served. :cray: :cray: the only passenger prop we will see is the TwinOtter

"Time of death" at Kuching Intl, 31st July 2005 @ 1900hrs :cray:

Edited by Nick R.

I don't have any transformation picture, except the one I post on another thread.

However you can click here for my collection of Malaysia Airlines Fokker 50 pictures.

I've never flown the F-50 either as a crew or a passanger :( but I have many friends on the fleet.

Malaysia Airlines Fokker 50s will be missed. The memories will stay alive forever.

Edited by Radzi

My first ever flight was in a Fokker 50 back in 1991. It was KCH-MYY route. Can't remember much from this flight except for the bumpy landing at MYY which caused a pain in my a$$ :rofl: It is sad to see F50 no longer operated by MAS :(

Here's my contribution:

Golf Charlie taken last year. One of my 1st F50 shots with my S5500

IPB Image

Golf Alpha taken from the old viewing gallery (i miss the viewing gallery :( )

IPB Image

My last MH F50 flight was SDK-BKI flight back in 2003 in the Golf Foxtrot. Full of turbulence all the way :D

IPB Image

The last time I saw the Golf Foxtrot last Monday, this was how it looked like :cray:

IPB Image

Incidentally my first ever flight was in her elder sister F27 Friendship

from Malacca to Kuala Lumpur... back in late 1977 :rolleyes:

Back in the late 60s, when it was MSA, it costs RM20 one way to Malacca and about RM26 one way to Ipoh on these F27s. Airport tax was probably a negligible amount and "fuel surcharge" is a term that has yet to be coined.

will fax still use the same rego?or new ?

They will mostly re-register the rego. If we are lucky, we can see the old rego with new ones as 9M-AGB and so on. Another possibility is 9M-FGB.

F50 cleared for immediate take off

IPB Image

Excuse my ignorance..but i kinda try to recall what the lights are..VASI, PAPI? :sorry:

Excuse my ignorance..but i kinda try to recall what the lights are..VASI, PAPI? :sorry:

Puppy hehehe.. its papi lights :good: