MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Chong H. V.

Happen to snap at SDK on 19.06.2006

And don't forget, we have a new fish market now! shifted to the partially completed Sandakan harbour square. On top of the fish market is a restaurant with a clear view of the Sandakan Bay.

Was there yesterday. First glimpse, quite a dirty town, sorry if offending anybody but hey, first impression counts :p

Planned to be there again this 15th :clapping:

Off topic

AK flight back BKI was delayed twice yesterday due operational and weather factors :( The weather was bad enough to force circling for over 40 minutes. Landed slightly over midnight followed by 2 more MH flights. Lively midnight situation I'd say :huh:

Continuing on this topic :drinks:

Spent about 4hours in SDK yesterday afternoon <_ but the weather didn let me down and i had my oly with src="%7B___base_url___%7D/uploads/emoticons/default_yahoo.gif" alt=":yahoo:">

IPB Image

this one from BKI :good:

IPB Image

dunno where from, but i think from bki also :)

IPB Image

from KUL B) nice sunset, weather was really good :rofl:

IPB Image

back lit, but i like it B) beautiful ahmoi down there :rolleyes:

IPB Image

back to labuan airbase :clapping:

B)

Great shots there, Ian :good:

The weather seems a lot better than the Peninsular :lol:

Nice and sleek lines of the F50 shown in that backlit picture; very difficult to check the sleek lines of that ah-moi this way, though :angry: : better enlarge her for us to judge :rofl:

IPB Image

dunno where from, but i think from bki also :)

hi Ian, nice catch of her... :good: u got her arrival at SDK. then i got her arrival at BKI on the next day. :lol: btw, u spot at the tarmac? seems like the traffic not bad also. better than BKI. today when i was there, only gate 1 occupied by a baby boeing. :(

Edited by Samuel Chy

Thanks guys :) Not that traffic not bad, samuel. just that i happened to be there for 4 hours :clapping: ...on the tarmac :p

Ian , awesome shots from U!!!! :clapping:

IPB Image

sorry for that.... not sure wat happen since i did the same thing for all the 3 photos...

anyway, there is a perimeter fencing ard the whole airport, so no intrusion.

p/s: can someone tell me how to edit the previous post? need to delete the too big photo... thks.

Love the AFB and background, a good spot to spot planes from those houses :drinks:

To big and too small, could make it bigger thou next time! Keep it up! :clapping:

Continuing on this topic :drinks:

Spent about 4hours in SDK yesterday afternoon <_ but the weather didn let me down and i had my oly with src="%7B___base_url___%7D/uploads/emoticons/default_yahoo.gif" alt=":yahoo:">

4 hours in SDK? Whats wrong? And where is the 400D?

4 hours in SDK? Whats wrong? And where is the 400D?

4hrs coz a/c defect (lobang on fuselage near the aft cargo door, and u know how it happened lar... <_ we ferried the plane back to bki later that evening.>

400D...er......hehehehe, coming soon :drinks:

my spotting session at SDK from my APMS 2B

DSC08059-1.jpg

small birds...with one huge bird

DSC08067-1.jpg

from Labuan

Finally, some SDK shots again....thanks a lot for sharing ! :pardon:

OT: Austral Flying Academy still operating out of SDK?

Finally, some SDK shots again....thanks a lot for sharing ! :pardon:

no problem, still got few.

Yup.

P1210507.jpg

Aircraft hangar for Austral Flying Academy

Used to be MAS maintenance hangar, then a Proton car storage. Nice to see it being used for aviation purpose again.

Too bad SDK is no longer within my coverage :(

heard somewhere SDK will get a facelift :rolleyes:

Yes, could it be here ?

RM110 Million For Upgrading Of Sandakan Airport

SANDAKAN, June 3 (Bernama) -- The federal government has allocated RM110 million to upgrade the Sandakan Airport under the Sabah Development Corridor (SDC) programme.

Deputy Transport Minister Datuk Abdul Rahim Bakri said the upgrading work was expected to commence in two years' time or earlier.

"The allocation had been given under the Ninth Malaysia Plan and a consultant is being oppointed to draw up the plan for the upgrading and to appoint a contractor as soon as possible," he said.

Abdul Rahim who was met after his visit to the airport here Wednesday, said the main component of the project would be the extension of the 2,113-metre runway to 2,591 metres, costing RM70 million, to enable the Airbus 330 to take off and land.

He said RM20 million would be for expanding and renovating the main terminal to provide more comfort for passengers, while RM10 million would be used to improve other facilities at the airport and to pay the consultant.

Abdul Rahim said it was time the airport be given a facelift because since it was built in 1985 he had never been expanded nor upgraded, and to enable it to be of international standard.

He said this was also in line with developments in the Sandakan district as an important economic growth area in the east coast of Sabah, with the trade and industrial sector, especially the oil palm industry, as well as tourism contributing to that growth.

Abdul Rahim said last year, 620,611 passengers used the Sandakan Airport.

-- BERNAMA

Too bad SDK is no longer within my coverage :(

Don't worry, once they've spent the money, they will be able to send you over again :)

Don't worry, once they've spent the money, they will be able to send you over again :)

KUL - SDK with A332. Hmm...

The only flying school at sabah... :) SDK will busy with lots of training acft just like Melaka...

Sign in to follow this