MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
flee

Singapore Airlines Airbus A350-900

Problem at GRU?

I've done ZRH-BCN-GRU and return with LX/SQ 7 times in the past 2 years. Out of this, 3 times my luggage did not make it (although to be fair, SQ is very good at providing compensation, LX provides nothing). Considering that I have done hundreds of flights in my life and in total I can only remember 6 times where my luggage did not make it, having half of these incidents on the same sector is quite astonishing.

For the last trip, my luggage did not arrive in GRU with me and arrived the next day. Then for the return flight GRU-BCN, first, the PPS coordinator in Zurich emailed me that she could not get me an upgrade against miles having tried this for a few weeks already. But, hey, no problem, with SQ this is kinda expected. Then, 9V-SWD (I think) went technical on the ground in BCN and did not make it to GRU. I think SQ tried to call me during the day to inform me but I was in a meeting. I only found out when I arrived at the airport, but they have already re-booked me on the direct LX flight GRU-ZRH . This was even better as I can avoid the transit and arrive 1 hour earlier!

And to top it off, when I checked in for the LX flight, as soon as the nice lady found out that I am Senator, she called her supervisor who then informed me that the flight was overbooked (no doubt partly due to the overflow from SQ), so they upgraded me for free!

So non-stop flight and also a free upgrade ... I can't complain....

Edited by Azman MN

Singapore Airlines’ first A350 XWB takes to the sky

800x600_1454440788_A350-900_Singapore_Ai

3 FEBRUARY 2016 PRESS RELEASE
The first A350-900 for Singapore Airlines yesterday completed its maiden flight over the skies of South West France. The aircraft, featuring the airline’s iconic livery, will now enter the final phase of production, including further ground checks and test flights, before being prepared for delivery in the coming weeks.
The all-new A350 XWB will form the backbone of Singapore Airlines’ future mid-size widebody fleet. Altogether the airline has ordered 67 A350-900s which will be operated on long range flights, as well as on selected regional services. Seven of the aircraft will be delivered with an ultra-long range capability for flights of up to 19 hours, allowing the carrier to resume non-stop flights to the US.
The A350 XWB is the world’s latest generation airliner and the newest member of Airbus’ modern, comfortable & efficient widebody product family. It features the latest aerodynamic design, carbon fiber fuselage and wings, plus new fuel-efficient Rolls-Royce Trent XWB engines. Together, these latest technologies translate into unrivalled levels of operational efficiency, with a 25 per cent reduction in fuel burn and emissions, and significantly lower maintenance costs.
To date, Airbus has recorded a total of 777 firm orders for the A350 XWB from 41 customers worldwide, already making it one of the most successful widebody aircraft ever.
Edited by flee

Yeah, we Dutch spotters look forward to this, as this is the 1st scheduled A350-900 into and out of Schiphol Airport Amsterdam !

Much better than the boring 777's we got to see daily of various airlines

Singapore Airlines To Launch A350-900 Services To Amsterdam On 9 May

01 March 2016 - Singapore Airlines will launch the inaugural long-haul flight of its new Airbus A350-900 fleet to Amsterdam on 9 May 2016. The A350 will serve the Airline’s daily flight to Amsterdam as SQ324, as well as its return flight SQ323.

Today’s announcement comes a day before Singapore Airlines is due to take delivery of its first A350-900 at the Airbus Delivery Centre in Toulouse.

Prior to the launch of the first long-haul services to Amsterdam, Singapore Airlines’ A350-900s will be deployed to selected destinations within Asia on a temporary basis, for crew training purposes. In July, the A350-900 will be used to add services to Dusseldorf, as the newest point in the Singapore Airlines network.

Singapore Airlines has 67 Airbus A350-900s on firm order, including seven of an ultra-long-range variant which will be delivered in 2018, for use on non-stop services between Singapore and points in the United States.

With advanced technology and superior operating efficiency, the newest addition to the Airline’s fleet will offer customers an improved travelling experience with features such as higher ceilings, larger windows, an extra wide body and lighting designed to reduce jetlag.

The A350 will form a key part of the Airline’s fleet, enabling Singapore Airlines to introduce new destinations, expanding its network and improving connectivity through the Singapore hub.

The initial batch of A350-900s for long-haul flights will seat 253 passengers in three classes, with 42 Business Class, 24 Premium Economy Class and 187 Economy Class seats.

Singapore Airlines becomes new operator of the A350 XWB

csm_A350_XWB_Singapore_Airlines_delivery

2 MARCH 2016 PRESS RELEASE

Singapore Airlines has taken delivery of its first A350 XWB in Toulouse, France, becoming the fifth operator of the all-new widebody airliner. With its unrivalled passenger flying experience and operational efficiency, the A350 XWB will form the backbone of Singapore Airlines’ future mid-size widebody fleet.
Singapore Airlines’ aircraft is configured in a premium three class layout with 253 seats, comprising 42 Business Class, 24 Premium Economy and 187 Economy. After an initial period flying on regional services to Kuala Lumpur and Jakarta the aircraft will be deployed on long haul flights from May, starting with Amsterdam and then Dusseldorf.
Altogether the airline has ordered 67 A350-900s which will be operated on long range flights, as well as on selected regional services. Seven of the aircraft will be delivered with an ultra-long range capability for flights of up to 19 hours, allowing the carrier to resume non-stop flights to the US. The A350 XWB will join an existing Airbus fleet at Singapore Airlines that currently comprises 19 double decker A380s and 29 A330-300s, making the carrier an operator of the complete Airbus Widebody Family.
The A350 XWB is the world’s latest generation airliner and the newest member of Airbus’ modern, comfortable & efficient widebody product family. It features the latest aerodynamic design, carbon fiber fuselage and wings, plus new fuel-efficient Rolls-Royce Trent XWB engines. Together, these latest technologies translate into unrivalled levels of operational efficiency, with a 25 per cent reduction in fuel burn and emissions, and significantly lower maintenance costs.
To date, Airbus has recorded a total of 783 firm orders for the A350 XWB from 42 customers worldwide, already making it one of the most successful widebody aircraft ever.

Singapore Airlines Adds Extra A350 Kuala Lumpur Service in mid-March 2016

by JL

Posted at 0530GMT 04MAR16

Singapore Airlines today (04MAR16) has loaded additional Airbus A350-900XWB flight, mainly focusing on additional operation on Singapore – Kuala Lumpur route. Latest addition sees SQ106/107 to be operated by A350, instead of A330, for the week of 09MAR16.

SQ118/119 08MAR16 – 08MAY16 1 daily

SQ106/107 09MAR16 – 15MAR16 5 weekly

SQ118/SQ119 is mostly sold out for March till May....Guess a lot of business travellers are travelling

Fares still available though not cheap bout MYR282 on Y. I will be boarding one of the flights in 3 weeks. Odd thing Y premium or premium economy is unbookable for this flight.

Fares still available though not cheap bout MYR282 on Y. I will be boarding one of the flights in 3 weeks. Odd thing Y premium or premium economy is unbookable for this flight.

I think the PY cabin will be sold as Y. Not sure if you'll need to have some form of status with SQ to get seated there, though.

Oh yes, RM 284 for departure on Sat. Was trying to look for Fri departure. I guess you are talking J class and Premium Y are not bookable? I saw it too...Weird! Their J class for KUL-SIN are pretty full.

I think the PY cabin will be sold as Y. Not sure if you'll need to have some form of status with SQ to get seated there, though.

I have the same thinking as well.

I am still thinking whether to do KUL-SIN or CGK-SIN? KUL-SIN is too short to snap all photos and explore the aircraft from what I had experienced with MI's inaugural B738 flight.

Saw this in another thread:

Singapore Airlines Adds Extra A350 Kuala Lumpur Service in mid-March 2016

by JL

Posted at 0530GMT 04MAR16

Singapore Airlines today (04MAR16) has loaded additional Airbus A350-900XWB flight, mainly focusing on additional operation on Singapore – Kuala Lumpur route. Latest addition sees SQ106/107 to be operated by A350, instead of A330, for the week of 09MAR16.

SQ118/119 08MAR16 – 08MAY16 1 daily

SQ106/107 09MAR16 – 15MAR16 5 weekly

Edited by JuliusWong

KUL-SIN was initially advertised at RM 501 return. The next day, it went up in price to about RM 574 return.

KUL-CGK and SIN-CGK will cost over RM 1K return. Single fare is MORE EXPENSIVE!

So, ok no plane spotting but anyway thanks to SQ for choosing KUL as the first revenue service for the XWB (though just for the crew training). The TR vids below is credited to the owner.

Sign in to follow this