MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
michgyver

ANA Return to Kuala Lumpur from 1 September 2015; 2 Daily B787-8 from 30 October 2016

Terrible timing for KL spotters :finger:

Yes, but this flight is mainly for pax to connect to the US.

Planespotters are low/non existent in their list of priorities! ;)

hope they will add more destinations from KUL like Osaka after this

Not gonna happen. NH isn't fond of flying to international destinations ex-KIX, save for a few Chinese cities.

They don't even fly KIX-BKK/SIN, which are their most important SE Asian destinations.

Not gonna happen. NH isn't fond of flying to international destinations ex-KIX, save for a few Chinese cities.

They don't even fly KIX-BKK/SIN, which are their most important SE Asian destinations.

Poor KIX, better close down Itami, and concentrate everything in KIX.

why not they can easily rely on transit passengers onwards to US...not many competitions ex KUL

why not they can easily rely on transit passengers onwards to US...not many competitions ex KUL

NH flew KIX-KUL last time and it wasn't successful. NH 815/816 is timed for US connections, but having that said, US-MY traffic is not huge and there are CX (which offer multiple flights a day to US and KUL compared to once daily with NH), BR, and CI. And I don't believe NH has any KIX-US flights (excluding HNL), the only one is JL's KIX-LAX and I don't believe that's doing great either.

Edited by Craig

http://www.thestar.com.my/Business/Business-News/2015/09/07/Busy-skies/?style=biz

like i said-they are targeting US bound-originating passengers

NH flew KIX-KUL last time and it wasn't successful. NH 815/816 is timed for US connections, but having that said, US-MY traffic is not huge and there are CX (which offer multiple flights a day to US and KUL compared to once daily with NH), BR, and CI. And I don't believe NH has any KIX-US flights (excluding HNL), the only one is JL's KIX-LAX and I don't believe that's doing great either.

they fly to San Francisco from Osaka

http://www.thestar.com.my/Business/Business-News/2015/09/07/Busy-skies/?style=biz

like i said-they are targeting US bound-originating passengers

they fly to San Francisco from Osaka

No-one said they weren't. But that still doesn't change the fact that Malaysia-US traffic isn't anything to shout about. And that certainly doesn't justify KUL-KIX, which you seem to think is a good idea even though there are hardly any international connections to make it viable.

And no, NH doesn't fly KIX-SFO. Only UA does and that's mainly because SFO is a major hub, which means whatever connecting pax they get are likely to be to/from other US cities, not because there are connections beyond KIX.

Got my NRT-KUL flight booked for next month - first time on a 787 and first time on ANA for me. Interested to find out how quiet it is inside.

Noise levels are not that much different from current generation aircraft like the A330. However, take off is less noisy due to the lower engine noise. Also engine start up noises are different due to electrics rather than pneumatics being deployed.

ANA B788s should be quite comfortable as they are in low density configuration.

Got my NRT-KUL flight booked for next month - first time on a 787 and first time on ANA for me. Interested to find out how quiet it is inside.

Geoff

Not as quiet as the A380 but perfectly acceptable. Don't expect much from the IFE, unless you like watching Japanese programs with no subtitles.

No-one said they weren't. But that still doesn't change the fact that Malaysia-US traffic isn't anything to shout about. And that certainly doesn't justify KUL-KIX, which you seem to think is a good idea even though there are hardly any international connections to make it viable.

And no, NH doesn't fly KIX-SFO. Only UA does and that's mainly because SFO is a major hub, which means whatever connecting pax they get are likely to be to/from other US cities, not because there are connections beyond KIX.

If they see the potential who are you to say no?you are not their ceo...codeshare flight operated by United bought from ana whats d difference

Noise levels are not that much different from current generation aircraft like the A330. However, take off is less noisy due to the lower engine noise. Also engine start up noises are different due to electrics rather than pneumatics being deployed.

ANA B788s should be quite comfortable as they are in low density configuration.

Is that the same with B77Ws / 77Ls? I find the start up of 77W and 788 the same, except 77W is noiser.

wow, i saw this coming when i flew with them as the flights were full to the brim and many connecting passengers from the US, and with that impeccable service they can easily take down other competitors and truly deserved the 5 stars rating

wow, i saw this coming when i flew with them as the flights were full to the brim and many connecting passengers from the US, and with that impeccable service they can easily take down other competitors and truly deserved the 5 stars rating

Flights are full, but it might also be filled with those $500 fares ex-US ;)

Great news. They have been enjoying pretty good loads on its KUL-TYO flights (yield might say otherwise tho).

But this new route means JL is shut out from serving HND-KUL (JP-MY was only allocated 7 frequencies each). ANA's 14 weekly almost matches JL/MH 17 weekly KUL-TYO frequencies but the latter is more a hub to hub operation without any HND flights - so maybe Malaysia might get the next daytime slots, if any, opens up.

Flights are full, but it might also be filled with those $500 fares ex-US ;)

Great news. They have been enjoying pretty good loads on its KUL-TYO flights (yield might say otherwise tho).

But this new route means JL is shut out from serving HND-KUL (JP-MY was only allocated 7 frequencies each). ANA's 14 weekly almost matches JL/MH 17 weekly KUL-TYO frequencies but the latter is more a hub to hub operation without any HND flights - so maybe Malaysia might get the next daytime slots, if any, opens up.

FYI, the IATA code for Narita is NRT.

Sign in to follow this