MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal

Finally it's up and running, another player in Malaysia's commercial aviation services; hope they focus on the home front first before going abroad.

1. With those 2nd hand 737 classics, I wander how long can those classics serves them before they need to buy new planes? How many planes that they got from MAS given that BKI and KCH from KLIA2 is on the card soon?

2. Those uniform colour really like MASwings one.

3. It's just incrediable to see that just over a night, launch fares goes to RM 70 from RM 51 yesterday; meanwhile anyone who bought a promo J will be an "angry bird" I guess as now is only RM 199 compared to yesterday RM 280 (bet the value is better than AK premium flex if not considering they are flying on the classics).

(PS: 9M-RKA is the exact 737-400 frame that I last flown with MAS when it was 9M-MQB)

Edited by CH Teo

Looks horrible.

I thought it's quite ok.

Are those crew overnighting anywhere ?

Why the need for those trolley bags ? :D

IIRC cabin crew members, even when not overnighting, tend to carry these in-cabin bags around. The bags normally contain a spare set of uniform (presumably in case of accidental splash of coffee, or unexpected overnight at outstation, or in case their checked luggage fail to show up at outstation) as well as SOP manuals. Feel free to make corrections.

That, or maybe they do overnighting at outstation, maybe at those shabby-looking budget hotels around Jalan Kebun Sultan or Sri Cemerlang in KB, for instance :p

Ya...you're right! Their manual and spare uniform must be with them at all times. Thus the carry-on. Looks kinda big...will it fit in the old 734 bins? I always remember how crew on MH would flip pax bags wheel upwards and outwards and quickly snapping the bin shut to fit the usual cabin luggage.

New airline Rayani Air aims to break even in three years

PUTRAJAYA (Dec 18): Rayani Air Sdn Bhd, which received its air operator's certificate (AOC) today and plans to launch operations on Dec 20, aims to reach break-even in three years, its newly-appointed managing director Jaafar Zamhari said.
"In our projection of cash flow, we anticipate the payback period to take three years," Jaafar said, but declined to reveal the amount of money the airline will invest to kickstart its operations.

Waiting for RN163 KBR - KUL. retimed to 1725 instead of 1605 original departure. Will update with photos and review .

Just browsed through their wikipedia page; and i wonder where does the info came from; as it mentioned on acquiring B737-800 and also a B777 for flights to Jeddah.

Anyhow, can't wait to see the photos of the inaugural flight here.

"Trip Report" Rayani Air Inaugural Flight

Equipment : Boeing 737-400 9M-RKA (ex 9M-MQB)

Crew Carried : 2 Technical Crews, 6 Cabin Crews

Pax Load : 70%

Sector : KBR - KUL

STD : 1605 hrs

ATD : 1750 hrs

Refreshment : Snack box (Juice, Peanut and Muffin)

Ticket Price : RM70

Seat Number : 24F (orange smarties seat)

Delay Info : Approx 2 hrs and no specific reason

Boarding was smooth with Rayani Air CEO onboard. Parked at gate 1 in KBR Airport. Aircraft on chocked about 1625 hrs and welcomed by MAHB Water Cannon.

rayani air served free refreshment and do on board sales called as "SkySales" which offer variety of snack and drink.

Sorry for the poor quality of the pictures since I snapped it using my iPhone only.

image_1.jpg

image.jpg

Now 734 wing is come back 😜

image_7.jpg

image_5.jpg

image_6.jpg

Seat pocket contents :

image_4.jpg

Smarties seats

image_3.jpg

"Trip Report" Rayani Air Inaugural Flight

Equipment : Boeing 737-400 9M-RKA (ex 9M-MQB)

Crew Carried : 2 Technical Crews, 6 Cabin Crews

Pax Load : 70%

Sector : KBR - KUL

STD : 1605 hrs

ATD : 1750 hrs

Refreshment : Snack box (Juice, Peanut and Muffin)

Ticket Price : RM70

Seat Number : 24F (orange smarties seat)

Delay Info : Approx 2 hrs and no specific reason

Boarding was smooth with Rayani Air CEO onboard. Parked at gate 1 in KBR Airport. Aircraft on chocked about 1625 hrs and welcomed by MAHB Water Cannon.

rayani air served free refreshment and do on board sales called as "SkySales" which offer variety of snack and drink.

Sorry for the poor quality of the pictures since I snapped it using my iPhone only.

image_1.jpg

image.jpg

Now 734 wing is come back 😜

image_7.jpg

image_5.jpg

image_6.jpg

Seat pocket contents :

image_4.jpg

Smarties seats

image_3.jpg

Thanks for the TR, rather interesting to see they offer better refreshments than any other airlines.

BTW what sort of snacks did they offer for sale?