MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Mohd Suhaimi Fariz

MAS Privatisation

Years ago, we were not pampered with choices, years ago Air Asia did not exist and years ago, not everyone can fly

At that time, CX had double daily, is now four time daily and cx is not immuned to competition from LCC.

HKG is more strategic than any airports in ASEAN. Mainland China is just a doorstep away, and North America is 'near' enough for CX to use higher capacity ULR planes, without having to resort to special aircrafts like A345.

Actually CX did have 'ULH' aircraft doing US flight in form of A346. They had three overweight A346 while waiting for their B77W to be delivered. The A346 performance was so bad they were relegated to regional not long after.

I have no problems flying to HKG on a B738 if it had 32" seat pitch and good inflight service. It is not a very long flight and I don't have to fight with a huge crowd getting on and off the plane. However, MH's LCC type B738 configuration isn't befitting of a 5 star airline - so I'd rather fly on CX.

Try scoot. Oh my back...

You were on their Dreamliner? Tried their 772 before. Preferred their seats on that over D7's

I've tried both ... Lower your expectations and I think it's ok :)

where do they fly their 788?

Their 788 dunno I think not delivered yet.

But I flew on their 789 last week SIN-DMK and it was okay, not luxurious as you may expect a new plane to be.

Their 788 dunno I think not delivered yet.

But I flew on their 789 last week SIN-DMK and it was okay, not luxurious as you may expect a new plane to be.

9 ahh? Thought theirs is 8

am hunting 787 these days. so far manage to board BI, RJ and LA.....

They also fly their B789 to HKG. Yes, the LCCs don't feel luxurious at all even when the plane is new.

I was on board D7's 9M-XXZ a few weeks after it was delivered. Its better than the ex-Dragonair planes but feels the same as, say, XXB... But the Quiet Zone offers a bit more relaxed flying. Unfortunately the price of these seats have now increased.

As for MH, I wonder what they will put in the B772's. We should know soon....

Edited by flee

Took 9V-OJC to HKG before the plane got grounded there. Hopefully not due to missing safety cards. :p

9 ahh? Thought theirs is 8
am hunting 787 these days. so far manage to board BI, RJ and LA.....

TG and maybe VN soon, NH later? :D

Took 9V-OJC to HKG before the plane got grounded there. Hopefully not due to missing safety cards. :p

TG and maybe VN soon, NH later? :D

TG, afraid will be TGed... Scoot looks like a potential candidate, VN too

I flew Scoot dreamliner from SIN-HKG. Business class was about SGD150. Not bad.

Edited by Azman MN

BNE being axed effective 08AUG? That's what everyone is saying, I'm also wondering what MH has installed for the rest of Australia, especially both MEL and SYD being x3 daily currently.

Well guess they would have looked into it and rationalized that BNE is not making money. MAS may likely reduce frequencies to some of its Australian cities too.

Its official now: 2 Route cuts

KUL-BNE: Route axed from 09AUG

KUL-MLE: Route axed from 23AUG

Yikes. I was just checking GDS for BNE and was going to post this but you beat me to it. BNE is zeroed out. So is the 5 weekly KUL-PER (MH 127/128; 18:45 ex-KUL and 01:25 ex-PER).

Its official now: 2 Route cuts

KUL-BNE: Route axed from 09AUG

KUL-MLE: Route axed from 23AUG

I read on a.net that KUL-PER on MH126/MH127 will be cut too.

Sad to see MLE go. Now only AK will serve KUL-MLE-KUL.

KUL-MLE load is consistently over 70%. Hope UL won't rise KUL-CMB-MLE fare too much.

Edited by KK Lee