MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Mohd Suhaimi Fariz

MAS Privatisation

It's about being efficient, not changing MAS' business model to become like Ryanair's.

I would say it's a great appointment.

I just hope more Malaysians themselves are given opportunities to shine as well.

Mas announces two leadership appointments :

http://www.nst.com.my/node/88683

Apart from the info given in the news, any other info on them?

Laurent Recoura has 30 years of experience in aviation and tourism business - worked in United/Continental, Airasia Philippines, Philippine Airlines.

Latest leak from my spy at the MH Rumour Department:

MH to downgrade flight MH72/73 from B772 to B738 from 2 August 2015. Frequency will not change. By 1 August 2015, all 4 daily flights to HKG will be on B738.

In the next couple of weeks kita akan tahu flight mana yang akan kena downgauge. They are finalising the schedule for newco.

HKG 772 guna 11 cabin crew sebab meal tray. DPS 772 guna 10 cabin crew saja sebab snackbox. But now kalau ada 9 crew on 772 for normal for MH.

MAS appoints company secretary

KUALA LUMPUR: Malaysia Airlines (MAS) has appointed Datuk Sabrina Albakri Abu Bakar as company secretary, effective July 23, 2015. Sabrina, a licensed company secretary, is presently group head, legal, secretarial and regulatory counsel in Pos Malaysia Bhd.

Latest leak from my spy at the MH Rumour Department:

MH to downgrade flight MH72/73 from B772 to B738 from 2 August 2015. Frequency will not change. By 1 August 2015, all 4 daily flights to HKG will be on B738.

Oy vey. This against CX 3-4 times daily on A333/B777 with 1-2 times on the 3-cabin A333/B77W (this is supposedly a hub to hub flight for MH and CX!).

This has already been loaded into the GDS - 4 daily B738.

Oy vey. This against CX 3-4 times daily on A333/B777 with 1-2 times on the 3-cabin A333/B77W (this is supposedly a hub to hub flight for MH and CX!).

This has already been loaded into the GDS - 4 daily B738.

MH already codeshares on I believe several if not all pf CX's flights. Plus they're both oneworld anyways

Given a choice, who would like to fly a tight 738 to HKG than a on a wide bodied aircraft. Luckily CX still offers few daily flights to HKG on their A333s/777s.

It's interesting that MH cant even fill up a A333 when CX can still operate up to 3 daily.

Given a choice, who would like to fly a tight 738 to HKG than a on a wide bodied aircraft. Luckily CX still offers few daily flights to HKG on their A333s/777s.

It's interesting that MH cant even fill up a A333 when CX can still operate up to 3 daily.

CX provides very attractive fares for flight out of HKG from KUL. Believe a lot of pax on CX flight do not have HKG as their final destination.

IIRC, when the MH A380 was on this route it was not full either.

If they cannot fill the B772 flight, then it makes sense to use a smaller aircraft.

Years ago, mh sent 744 to hkg in the morning.

IIRC, when the MH A380 was on this route it was not full either.

Most of the time it was less than half full. MH quickly pulled the dugong out.

CX offers many connecting flight to North America hence they can make use of the 4 x daily flight, all at detrimental effect on MH since they do not have any flight to the USA.

Side note, MH pax can also connect thru AA thru Tokyo.

I would say MH flights to US are generally more expensive than CX.

And they were still losing money! That is why newco needs to cut their costs drastically. Otherwise, they won't be able to compete with anyone without taxpayer subsidy or/and government protection.