MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Waiping

BKI 2010

stuck on holding point Juliet? before enter runway..?

Confirmed. Potholes everywhere in BKI. Later that evening another one appeared on the runway, around 1830 LT runway was closed for a while for repair work.

You can imagine what kind of incident could have happen if a plane is on take off roll and struck a pothole!!?? :blink:

last year or 2 ago, when i spotting, got one 734 stuck at holding point Juliet, then another 734 behind the first one take charlie, then enter runway via Golf (IIRC), backtrack Rwy02 again for departure... the airport become so messy then.

Confirmed. Potholes everywhere in BKI. Later that evening another one appeared on the runway, around 1830 LT runway was closed for a while for repair work.

Are there any ways the runway be repaired or be recoated with fresh new layers of concrete/tar (is it what they use to construct runway?) without disrupting flights?...the current situation concerns me...

If stuck at the pothole need to be towed?

And I thought potholes only appear on Malaysian highways and not taxiways!

They are also in the runway...all airlines are complaining about this. Still no action taken!!!

some are 3inches deep or more.

I sure hope my flight back to KUL tomorrow won't get delayed due to POTHOLES!! But if it does get stuck in a pothole, more chance to spot planes from a plane :D

Are there any ways the runway be repaired or be recoated with fresh new layers of concrete/tar (is it what they use to construct runway?) without disrupting flights?...the current situation concerns me...

In BKI's case, I guess they have to close the airport between, let's say 2200-0600hrs, and repair the runway/taxiways at that time-bracket for a few weeks to complete re-surfacing works.

At AMS, with 6 runways, you just close 1 runway for about 3-4 weeks in order to do the works, but with BKI's single runway, this is not possible.

No wonder i havent seen or heard any aircraft's departing and arriving when i was at school today.

Im wondering hows the situation now?

Massive delays across MASWings's network today!

Due to runway repairs or for technical reasons ?

if i not mistaken, pilot cannot use the thrust/engine power when stuck in pothole... because it can easily suck in some of the small stones by the engine...

Now a reverse gear may come handy, but what good is it for countries where there is no pothole on the runway.

Now a reverse gear may come handy, but what good is it for countries where there is no pothole on the runway.

Reversing out from parking bay ? :p

"kostan, kostan ..... lagi ..... ooop !" :D

Speaking of Gostan... where does this word originated hehehe.. :help:

Edited by Ignatius

Kick the nomad into A.net! :good: