MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Tony

Sunday spotting - with The Star Metro

One small step for enthusiast like us, but the big step was forgotten hahaha (malaysianwings.net) , nevertheless a great achievement still.. love the read outs... and pics too :drinks:

Next.... invite reporters from NST :good:

To reach the security people, we',, need coverage by Berita Harian and Utusan Malaysia too. Or maybe harian Metro.

TV3 will be good.

To reach the security people, we',, need coverage by Berita Harian and Utusan Malaysia too. Or maybe harian Metro.

TV3 will be good.

Every time when I thought of complaints, Karam Walia Singh, a broadcast journalist of TV3 will automatically pop-up from my mind. For me, he is very good in handling all kind of complaints that made by the subjects.

Below is his photo.So think of him??

tv33wx8.jpg

Edited by Li Ren

Every time when I thought of complaints, Karam Walia Singh, a broadcast journalist of TV3 will automatically pop-up from my mind. For me, he is very good in handling all kind of complaints that made by the subjects.

Below is his photo.So think of him??

Anyone would do, but would love to spot skyhigh in the background heli... hehe

After I read that article, I found out 2 major things had left out. First thing is Mwings.net is not promoted and second thing is she forgot to mentioned the Bullis although we have stress on that part. Anyway is a good start, Thanks to Tony for the wonderful arrangement.

i dun think mentioning bulis in the article will do any good, maybe will cause bad effect also :D, as for my opinion, pitty tat MW was not mentioned, but not mentioning bulis IMO is OK, since we don't want any sensitive issue to be mention here. But i guess quote below is adequate

Their passion in aviation led them to condemn terrorism strongly.

Nowadays, we can’t take photos as freely as we used to, because everything has its security concern.

“But honestly, I love aviation too much to risk it against any harm,” Tony Chow, 24, said.

The airline employee based in Brisbane, Australia, is keeping his fingers crossed that one day, the enthusiasts can be recognised by the authority here.

In Britain, aviation enthusiasts work closely with the police and airport authority, looking out for and reporting suspicious activities around the airport and all the while doing what they love most ­— plane-spotting,”

anyway, i enjoyed that article, first step taken, there are still many more step need to be taken :D :drinks:

Edited by Louis L.

Congratulations MW! :drinks:

We had to remove a few contents and a fair bit of photos taken on the day itself to avoid possible trouble, and to make sure that this article makes it to the papers. As many of you understand, promotion and publicity is not an overnight exercise. Now that we have the initial exposure, we can continue to gain the momentum as we move forward.

Gavin,

The Star Metro desk will divert queries related to this article to yourself. ;)

Edited by Tony

Looks like our article is in the TOP 3 most emailed list.

338 cybercafes sealed in Selangor

Delectable works of art Splendid display of culinary creativity at Penang International Food Festival

Plane-spotters get a rush from seeing aircraft

Someone will be busy replying to emails!

Edited by Walter Sim

i only remember he said this before... Bila kucing hilang gigi, tikus pun menari nari. aka when the bulis gone, Mwings had the freedom to shoots.

Yeahh.What he impressed me most is that he will definitely use some malay idioms in the report, plus his left hand will be very ''active''.. :lol:

Great article and publishing it so quick !!! :good: :good:

Good, they included this:

“In Britain, aviation enthusiasts work closely with the police and airport authority, looking out for and reporting suspicious activities around the airport and all the while doing what they love most ­— plane-spotting,”

Hopefully, it will 'open' the eyes of the security people, aircraft spotters are no pest but helpful eyes (like so many other airports, even in the US) :blink:

Great article and publishing it so quick !!! :good: :good:

Good, they included this:

“In Britain, aviation enthusiasts work closely with the police and airport authority, looking out for and reporting suspicious activities around the airport and all the while doing what they love most ­— plane-spotting,”

Hopefully, it will 'open' the eyes of the security people, aircraft spotters are no pest but helpful eyes (like so many other airports, even in the US) :blink:

I agree with Uncle Pieter. Hope this statement will "open" their eyes serve to save our hobby.

I agree with Uncle Pieter. Hope this statement will "open" their eyes serve to save our hobby.

Me too!! AGREED!!! :)

Yes, been following this article with a lot of interest having in the past been a very keen spotter myself.

One thing that has occured to me, back in the 1960's when I used to go spotting at LGW , in those days there was a special area that was set up on the airfield at a strategic "spotting" point that consisted of a fenced in piece of ground and a small wooden hut specially set aside for spotters.

It was certainly nothing too special ,but it enabled spotting to be done much more easily and without a lot of fuss from the English Bulis,, oh yes we have them here to even to this day.

The one difference was that ALL SPOTTERS had to be in possession of a pass that was issued by the Airport Authority after vetting the applicant to see if he or she; yes we had 1 girl spotter :-) were bona fide and the pass had to be carried AT ALL TIMES when entering the enclosure.

I had to ride my cycle some 35 km to LGW and on 2 occasions I forgot my pass,, oh dear!!

Even the fact that I was very well known there, made no difference, I was politely told no pass, no get in, and then I had to cycle the 35KM back home.

Needless to say I did not forget it afer those times.

SO, I was wondering, if a similiar thing could possibly set up at SIN..

Regards to all,, David.

P.S Bona Fide=Genuine Spotter.