MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Y. J. Foo

Biman's KLIA "Foreign Carrier of the Year"...!?!?

KLM takes the foreign carrier of the year in Europe sector......hmm, how many candidates in this category ;) ?

Maybe they should have another sector for Africa, that will be .... Air Mauritius

Edited by Kee Hooi Yen

Probably the ONLY award given to BIMAN in its history!!! KLM and Lufthansa must have fought tooth and nail for the award.... how does LH feel now? To be last in Europe.

Even the "carrier of the yr" and "low cost carrier of the year" awards seem to be practically giveaways...

I guess Biman may have won the award based on its extreme tenacity to maintain flights into KL despite various limitations...not for service that other airlines talk about...

well, maybe other airlines do talk about its services...as an example of airline service that one should not emulate.

Biman won because their flights are always delayed or canceled... as a result, Biman passengers spend more in KUL

Now you know why Biman deserved for the prize

:p :P :p

So what if Biman got it? How many of you have flown on it or got directly involved with the airline?

Oh let me guess, it has got to do with those Bangladeshi workers we think so lowly of and call them Bangla.

It's okay i guess. It's just typical third world thinking to think other third world a third world.

For an airline that has an average of 20hrs of delay per flight, flying ancient old aircraft accused to be unsafe by the FAA (which is why their US route got cut), with a seat pitch and width meant for extremely skinny people only and with absolutely no service to speak about (Any budget airline would beat them hands down!) , I'd say I have a right to be shocked.

I'm not judging the country and its people, I'm judging the airline. For those of you who have never flown (and for your sake, I hope you never have to) with Biman, here is a typical trip report on an airline which shouldn't exist: http://www.airliners.net/aviation-forums/t...ad.main/128773/

So what if Biman got it? How many of you have flown on it or got directly involved with the airline?

Oh let me guess, it has got to do with those Bangladeshi workers we think so lowly of and call them Bangla.

It's okay i guess. It's just typical third world thinking to think other third world a third world.

You may want to stick to the topic by stating why you think Biman deserves the award iso branding folks here as the type who would simply attempt to pigeon-hole certain people.

Hehehehe..at least "congratulation" to Biman first of all.. :blink: :blink:

but seriously i no idea why MAB awarded Biman Airlines as "Foreign Carrier of the Year"..oh please don't tell because just they use DC10-30.. :rofl:

Sad to see no award for Africa,South and North America also from Australasia continental..answer simple,no operate(s) comes from that part of world..

Edited by Ashmil Abd Ghani

My apologies for stepping on your toes.

I don't have any reasons or preference on whom should be given the award because I don't run airports. I also do not know what "continuously pushing the boundaries of excellence in their field" (as per the magazine's copy) means, nor do I know if it has different criteria of selection, different from Skytrax or other assessment bodies.

As long as MAHB doesn't charge a fee for their toilets, I am very well pleased. As far as I am concerned they can give awards to the LCCT red and yellow bus services for "pushing the boundaries" in getting passengers at KL Sentral, if they want to.

I hereby acknowledge my mistake for perceiving fellow members' truthfully non-judgmental reactions to the alleged 'misappropriation' of the award as a mocking. Indeed they are sterile.

And I am the one who is jahat, and has a blocked monsoon drain as a mouth.

I am going back to my cave now and draw stickmen and mammoths on the cave walls. Thank you.

I am going back to my cave now and draw stickmen and mammoths on the cave walls

Wah lau ! Would never have guessed it was you all these years :p

Should really go into this full time - big money there considering how these archaeologist chaps dig your works (so far) ! :)

Yeah correct, severely OT :pardon:

Ewan...so it was YOUR footprint they found in the so-called 'Kota Gelanggi'... whatever happened to that top secret expedition that was restricted to MALAYSIANS only?

The KLIA 10th Anniversary and Awards celebrations over the weekend acknowledged the ascendancy of Malaysia Airlines and Air Asia.

Malaysia Airlines were awarded Carrier of the Year, whereas AirAsia were bestowed with Low-Cost Carrier of the Year, The Star reported.

Biman Bangladesh Airlines were proud to receive Foreign Carrier of the Year, and the potential of Cebu Pacific Air was conceded with their award of Promising New Foreign Carrier of the Year.

The Malaysia Airports organised event also awarded MASkargo the Carrier of the Year (Cargo) Award, and Korean Air was named the Foreign Carrier of the Year (Cargo).

The speech by Malaysian Transport Minister, Datuk Ong Tee Keat, pointed to the need for Malaysia to persist in maintaining and improving the quality of services offered.

The KLIA 10th Anniversary and Awards celebrations over the weekend acknowledged the ascendancy of Malaysia Airlines and Air Asia.

Malaysia Airlines were awarded Carrier of the Year, whereas AirAsia were bestowed with Low-Cost Carrier of the Year, The Star reported.

Biman Bangladesh Airlines were proud to receive Foreign Carrier of the Year, and the potential of Cebu Pacific Air was conceded with their award of Promising New Foreign Carrier of the Year.

The Malaysia Airports organised event also awarded MASkargo the Carrier of the Year (Cargo) Award, and Korean Air was named the Foreign Carrier of the Year (Cargo).

The speech by Malaysian Transport Minister, Datuk Ong Tee Keat, pointed to the need for Malaysia to persist in maintaining and improving the quality of services offered.

Wah lau... Carrier of the Year and Low Cost Carrier of the Year of course will go to MAS and AK la... who else?! This award ceremoney is held with regards to KLIA ma! But I am still wondering about BG's Foreign Carrier of the Year. I am curious to see what were the parameters that justified this award?

That is not surprising due to lack of international aviation company not landing their plane over KUL. Hope the management will review this.

Without giving out award, MAHB annual dinner will be uneventful, their customers may send only junior staffs to attend and the organizing committee don’t have reason to spend lavishly.

:drinks: