MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
TK

Walk around an airliner

Apart from Passenger meal that we eat, we do have "crew meal".

Every flight, we have "crew meal"...normally Captain's meal is always the worst meal. less fat, less sugar...everything less lah.

Normally we have choices...yummy...only when we are hungry and the business class meal "sucks"!! 3 Choices..2 choice of meat, most of the time 3..chicken curry, beef cook in soy sauce and Fish oriental style..like sweet and sour, Last choice is vegetarian. We do respect some of us that dont take any meat.

For my KUL-CAI recently, i had crew meal, because the passenger meal was not that good...some Arabian style dishes.

My choice..and also my Capt...this Beef in Soy sauce with noodle.

Good taste though when you are hungry in the middle of the night.

Our Cabin crew are very nice...they always gives us choices of meal,either passenger meal or "crew meal"...they even show us the choices of meal to the cockpit...we just look and choose rolleyes.gif

user posted image

Have a nice meal... wink.gif

Yummy. But the disposable aluminium dish looks odd amongst Noritake fine china tableware and Italian Sambonet silver flatware.

tk,

looks yummy. beef in soy sauce and noodles is damn good! and good they they both dont mix when served . so i can whack the noodles first and beef later.

tk,

looks yummy. beef in soy sauce and noodles is damn good!  and good they they both dont mix when served . so i can whack the noodles first and beef later.

23922[/snapback]

Saving the best for last heh ?

Yummy Airlines Meal TK.. More More Pic ?? Especially Ah Mois laaa..

Hello Guys, I have been working a lot this month.

I just got back from Frankfurt and tonight bound for Shanghai.

Few shots taken during my walkaround in FRA..here they are:

When APU is OFF (save fuel) in this cold weather, no need aircond..so electrical is provided by the ground power unit.. here is where we plug it to the 777.

user posted image

some ice underneath the wing...at Minus 3 degree...what ever water on the wing, it iced up. But no need to worry, as we refuel the tank..it will melt as the fuel is heated and its around 8 degrees celcius

user posted image

I guess now you know where i was.. laugh.gif

user posted image

At warp speed for take off... ohmy.gif

user posted image

At 3000 feet..we above the gloomy winter clouds...its like a carpet down there...

But this one jolts out... blink.gif

user posted image

TK,

Couldn't this "cloud" be some chimneys puffing stuff out, while the rest was covered in low clouds/fog ???

just my 2 cen smile.gif

I actually dont know...maybe its the one and only CB cloud around the rest of the overcast...we were over Munich FIR when i got this before i sleep.

heh nice info on a daily pilot working days....... damm i maybe still got 2 years to go (form 4 mah.) never though pilot must do alot of thing like counting petrol and also radio contact with ATC....... smile.gif

btw after i read from page 1 to page 21 i wonder why no ah moi pic??????? huh.gif ph34r.gif

Fabulous pics again. By the way, just curious about the multiple off-white oval-shaped panels(?) under the wing. I see them on my models too. What are those TK? Thanks.

TK, thanks for the shots.

That reflection pic of your T7 is worth a lot of money and also that of the vortex climbing up your slat. Wow!.

The pimple cloud at 3000 ft is probably covering some heated air underneath as suggested by Pieter.

BTW, have you ever NOT used your APU before a flight, depending on just the GPU for your bleed/electrics from cockpit checks to start-up?

Keep you stories coming, mate.

Oval shape panels....it can be unscrew...then engineer can do Fuel tank inspection.

most airport, so call environment friendly airport...usage of APU is only allowed about 30 mins before push back, which is when the boarding starts.

In the cold weather operation, with APU off, sometimes cabin can be so cold as no heating or a control temperature in the cabin. But then, airport authority will give the electrical power and at times, aircond..for cooling or heating.

But in FRA, we got the electrical power, no aircond since the cabin temperature was bearable.

by the way....this electric and A/C is not free you know.... sad.gif

why i sit in the cabin....we have a crew rest seat at GCC, on old config 777 its at 10 J/K new and ultra new row 6 or 5 J/K...

since i am the second team working...i sit there lo...had enough of cockpit...wanna take photo la... smile.gif

someone ask for ah moi pics....maybe someday i will post it.

d last pic.. looks like the eye of hurricane..only its not spiral..

hmm d makanan cukup ka? i think i'll need another serving la if i'm a pilot...

on second thought...eat b4 u hungry, stop b4 u r too fuLL. ph34r.gif jeng jeng jeng

Sucks...Paris again...24 hours night stop. I got sick!! Cold but nice sunshine! dry.gif

The so call futuristique terminal...

user posted image

from the round ones, you ended in this one..

user posted image

that is the concrete tunnel...from the terminal, a long walkalator goes under my 777.. huh.gif see how close we taxi within the inner taxiway going around the terminal

user posted image

I had my lunch in Business class...my mates....cockpit. Best Restaurant in town!

user posted image

hmm

Charles De Gaulle seems complicated man. mini terminal here and tehre.

And that futuristic, look like UFO!

Good Stuff TK! The cockpit shot is fantabolous..

Is the black 'shirt' worn by F/O a special one for pilot? Seems like many pilot wearing it nowadays..why? Too cold?

#3..really close!! Nice shots TK!

I had my lunch in Business class...my mates....cockpit. Best Restaurant in town!

user posted image

baaaah, TK, nice shots, MAS 777-crews look so much younger than the KLM ones ohmy.gif

for info...the co-pilot...he is older than the captain!!!! His son is 18 years old!!!

In MH...only the Jumbo is what we call OFH.....Old Folks Home!!! smile.gif

IN 777...too young to fly!! he he he he he he...