MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
TK

Walk around an airliner

..... Maori males in the past also have the habit of eating the corpse of the defeated men and take the women of the deceased.

Uurgh - and you're not kidding I presume !! :blink:

Nope BC, it is true.... the Maoris were barbaric. They killed their enemy, they eat their enemy's flesh and take their women to be their concubines. Not sure about the childrens but I think they also killed the childrens so that they won't revenge against them in the future. The Morioris were supposed to be the true natives of New Zealand. The Maoris came later and didn't find too much of food, so they invaded the Moriori tribes and eat them all clean! Yup, total ethnic cleansing!

So did the Mongolians and Huns.... which for many centuries China regarded them as barbarians outside of the Great Wall, which is true in certain aspects :D The Chinese are also barbaric in many ways... which in the past if you did something wrong and the imperial court may decide to punish you, your immediate family and those far flung relatives who are related to you... :D

Edited by S V Choong

Hi guys, Mr Pilot is still around..not in KUL...but in EWR for 9 days trip!!

I packed my 777 into a waste bin and im getting a new endorsement on a LOCKHEED L-1049G stored in Greenwood Lake, New York.

IPB Image

so me and Art Brett are trying to get into one of these REAL airplanes...and maybe do a round the world trip just like TWA :D

IPB Image

i'll be back on the 9th Aug...more photos to come.

Tonight i will fly back to ARN....on the mighty 777 :)

CONNIE!! :D

fly safe bro.

Edited by Nick R.

Pity those guys who really had to fly the Connie long distance. No wonder they need, 2 pilots, flight engineer, navigator, radio operator....

I'll be lost without the map mode.

Never seen a Connie from the inside before. Wow, thanks TK.

Those engines are Wright Cyclone radials?

:good: Awesome classics TK.... always enjoyed this exclusive thread of yours... :D

Hi guys, Mr Pilot is still around..not in KUL...but in EWR for 9 days trip!!

Welcome back Mr. Pilot Man...

Wow... 9 days trip.. I wish can be there too... Was planning for Everett, but last minute cancel..

Fly safe... will wait for another your trip photos there.

..... I packed my 777 into a waste bin and im getting a new endorsement on a LOCKHEED L-1049G stored in Greenwood Lake, New York.

With all due respect, please don't be too hasty ! Let's face it, there isn't that much of a demand for L-1049 pilots this day and age. I would imagine most if not all who actually fly the bird nowadays (is there actually a flying example left ?) do it for free and sheer enthusiasm pays for itself :)

TK, just a quick question..

Can u explain more about EFB? Is it as same as NAV BAG inside normal cockpit ?

Electronic Flight Bag.

I tihnk its a bag of wonders. The charts go digital in it, all pilots paperwork i think are in the EFB.

2 cents of worth, dont know la. TK please explain

As far as I've seen the EFB 'working' (for like 2 minutes), all the aerodrome charts, radio frequencies, checklists and procedures are in it. In other words, the crew will still do their checks (e.g. engine start, take off, after take off etc), but what they need to do now (extra step) is to click the buttons next to the screen to signify "CHECKED". So for every completed step, there should be a nice little green tick next to it. When the ticks are all 'present', then it'll go onto the next page, and the list goes on and on.

Does this explain a bit more? :huh:

Eletronic Flight Bag..

Its a Laptop. Full of stuff as we put in our laptop..but with limited access for the Pilots to install what they want like what we do in our own computer.So on MH 777, 2 aircraft has it, Romeo Papa and Romeo Quebec.

Primary Data is Charts or i might say Airport Charts, Performance Data Calculation and Airport Map.

If an EFB doesn't have all this 3....I dont think i need EFB next to me!! :D

Add On...Boeing Manuals, Company Manuals and Other things that can be added just like our computer at home.

As for systems wise, its a Lynux and Window base. Can hang and crash at times.

Remember, it is still new. But updates has been going on and on, so as for the MH 777 EFB, it works fine nowadays...just that some Pilots doesn't know how to use it.

By the way, some might have think......... on the 777,It is not an Electronic Checklist.

So, it doesn't mean paperless cockpit ??

you still have to hold high altitude charts, don't you ?

Sorry for if my explanation misled :sorry:

I don't know if what I've seen was for 777 or just a generic to-be device. It was a Boeing presentation. But whatever it might be, listen to the pilot (TK in this case)!

My recent trip was a 9 days run.

KUL-ARN-EWR-ARN-KUL. I would say the longest trip for a 777 pilots.

Summer is HOT in ARN, so as Newark.

This trip, i didnt spot much...in EWR...NONE at all except i went to Green Wood lake airport to look at one Connie Lockheed L-1049.

Thanks to Jonathan, he took a photo of my plane departing to ARN on 31st July.

on the 3rd July, i did ARN-EWR. Flight time was 07:45 to cross the Atlantic.

Inbound into EWR, the weather Forecast for showers and Rain, TEMPO weather with TS and CBs within the vicinity of New York as one frontal systems went across the North East coast line.

In such case like Busy New York airspace with Thunderstorm within the area, Pilots are busy deviating through the weather and ATC controller will do much help for airliners avoiding weather.

as for MH 90, 9M-MRM...we were also in the line for Newark.

Never under estimate mother nature...especially with Storm Clouds.

Things to be aware off:

Rain...reduce visibility

Cloud.. Bumpy to be inside and close to any.

Icing...Whats in a Cloud...ICE, plenty of it and it can be as big as a Golf ball spraying into the windscreen and Ice ingestion on the mighty RR....caution, engine flame out and icing on wings and control surface.

Microbust...when Rains fall downs to the ground, it disturb the "air" surrounding it.

Gusty winds and wind direction changes within nano seconds...

as for us...vectoring all over the place to wait for the storm cell clear Newark Liberty International Airport.

landed almost 45 mins behind schedule. safe arrival for MH 90. another day for an airliner Pilot on duty, :D

In this photo, Newark is on the Top Left Hand corner of the Navigation Display with a small green circle and E/D written on it = End Of descend.

All the Diamonds with numbers and arrows are other planes around the area.

Whats RED..DON FLY into it...Yellow, caution...Green...Heavy Moisture content in vicinity.

IPB Image

Interesting story TK! Glad that you made it safely.

How did you guys hold while waiting for the storm to clear. Did you like circle and circle airport or something?

ATC vectors us all over the place. some planes Hold on Sparta (SAX VOR) earlier..then they just flew us in square south of the airport....speed control too...

but at this hour...more take off...arrival was light