MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
TK

Walk around an airliner

Mayfair Holiday Villa was my second home back then.

LOL! I used to go there every Friday for the Malay brunch. Satay and Nasi Lemak...fuuyoh!

I guess you also visited the cloth shop which goes by the name of "Phulwani"...every crew batch coming through Dubai makes it a point to go there...

When did you stop flying the Freighters?

Bulk cargo and aft cargo are temperature control...NOT PRESSURE.

Thats where the pussy's sleeps.........BULK

Aft cargo...special LD3 size for crew bunk below door 3 on the 777.

Cabin crew has to inform the Pilot if they want to use the bunk...

in case if AFT cargo fire...the arm and activation switch for the fire extinguisher is from the cockpit.

so we have to call the crew bunk to evacuate them before pressing the fire squib.

The crew bunk also has its own fire extinguisher system and also and hand held extinguisher bottle.

2 hatches available to go in and out...but only one (the main) with steps....

It has been a while....hhhmmm...

My recent trip, FRA-KUL 25Mar06.

9M-MRI...i was team B to work...so with a Nikon in my hand....i shoot shoot la... :)

Cockpit preparation...

IPB Image

while push back....some busy scene next to our bay...I like to see busy apron...a lot of activity. :D

IPB Image

engine start....one of the difficult way to take a photo so that what i see on the inside and the outside scene doesn't white out!! :angry: and with the flash, we cannot see the instrument.

I need a better flash and a better lens...wider one.

IPB Image

Yeah... agree with LeeCH...

Get the 10.5 'mata ikan' and SB800 flash...

BTW... cost for both equivalent to one brand new D70s with kit lens... :blink: :huh: :lol:

Anyway... your shots quite balance, except for instrument panels.. ;)

TK,

Looks like a baby-shark with the large fin-tail :rolleyes:

She does fly real nice, though (see my trippie of 14DEC05 B) )...

what do you think of an Airbus A318....so small and cute... <_>

IPB Image

Can we call that "Airbus A320 SP"?

Reminds me of the 747SP as compared to the normal 747. Short but cute.

Anyway... your shots quite balance, except for instrument panels..

How to expose for CRT / LCD instrument panel while having the exterior properly exposed during daylight? Tried myself so many times; still haven't found the secret.

How to expose for CRT / LCD instrument panel while having the exterior properly exposed during daylight? Tried myself so many times; still haven't found the secret.

Me neither... tried in RomeoFoxtrot... same results

Dun have external flash :(

But you could try either using rear curtain or slow sync (forgot which one)

and brighten up the LCD/CRT to max... :unsure:

TK:

Getting a balanced exp between instr and outside view. You may consider the following (as suggested by Canon learner website):

1. Use external flash, but tilt the bulb upwards (45 or 60deg angles) or pull out the white-plastic cover (so that the flash gets dissipated sideways). Coupled with AEB (auto-exp bracketing) - the camera automatically takes 3 pics at different exp levels (@ 1/3 stops).

2. If using built-in flash - use flash-compensation feature. You can adjust these downwards with the dial. You may combine this with AEB too.

3. Not using flash - but increase the F no. up to F22 (probably F5.6-F20)

Thanks Denny for the info...will try it out.

Something from the cabin...

IPB Image

IPB Image

I joined MH in 24th March 1994...started training as MH cadet in December 1992.

Since i started full service as a Pilot in MH...the Cabin service has been superb. I have flown other airlines in this world, and i have seen their service, i am a "pro" Malaysia Airlines and i can tell you the warm and the touch of MH Cabin services is much superior than others.

maybe we dont serve the best Caviar, Champagne or others...but the service we have is still to me the best.

Tell me...where can a passenger in this world being serve 2 choices of meal for a 2:30 hours flight like KUL-BKI at a BARGAIN price in Economy.

times are bad now in MAS and i feel sad with what is happening.

I am a proud Malaysian, walking infront of thousands foreign passenger and they look at me...seeing a Local Malaysian flying FOR Malaysia Airlines.

I hope MH will survive...oh yes they will. :)

Mr. TK More More Please ??? :wacko::wacko: Wakakakaka

Love the view.. In Flight. Especially those Ah Moi's :wub:

Now I see Another Side of Walk around Arlines.. Great Job.. Next time pic from Galley Boleh ??? ^_^

IPB Image

Wow, TK, that business-class looks very well filled - good business class traffic ex FRA, apparently !

Nice looking ah-moi's bro...

Seth...June 4..may not know yet.

Maybe a week before that.

Pieter...if im not mistaken, this Business service was ZRH-KUL on the blue 777.

I didn't mentioned earlier what sector it was,..apologize

IPB Image

I think this photo should be seriously recommended to the MH marketing team to be used in the advertisement. Attentive service from a smiling F/A inside our new business class cabin. Perfect photo to illustrate the cabin service of 4 times Skytrax winner.

I think this photo should be seriously recommended to the MH marketing team to be used in the advertisement. Attentive service from a smiling F/A inside our new business class cabin. Perfect photo to illustrate the cabin service of 4 times Skytrax winner.

On a second though, Yes!

I agree with you Mr Sim

times are bad now in MAS and i feel sad with what is happening.

I am a proud Malaysian, walking infront of thousands foreign passenger and they look at me...seeing a Local Malaysian flying FOR Malaysia Airlines.

I hope MH will survive...oh yes they will. :)

yes, u r rite... we should be very proud... Malaysia is one of the best country. MAS also the best airline... so we should give MAS more and more moral support....