MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
TK

Walk around an airliner

thats my writting....terrible.

Either being a graduate in economics or be a Pilot...

So be it. smile.gif

Nothing is free in this world.

On the ground, there are borders between countries in this world.

So as inflight.

Even we dont land, we still have to pay the over flight clearance. blink.gif

Its not cheap. How they get the price...distance flown in their territories..

Base on the Max take Off Weight of an aircraft is where the price stands. ohmy.gif

user posted image

user posted image

6'000 USD?! ohmy.gif ohmy.gif

Oh man...can buy a new Proton every day la in this case... laugh.gif

Oh man...Malaysia pon kena bayar?! Isn't that kinda pointless...since eventually...the cash ends up with the government again....

Edited by Imran K.

TK,

Questions about the Alternate, do you have to go to FL200 or controller will clear you for lower altitudes?

Is KLIA to Subang 102miles in a straight line? ohmy.gif didnt realize that..

Thanks TK.

Speaking about fuel, i heard planes from Heathrow are taking off with not much fuel after the Hemel Hempstead blow which requires them to stop at other destination to fill up fuel. Has Malaysia Airlines been affected and where did there stop if it happens?

Walter,

Yes, MH was also affected; at least on 15dec and 16dec MH003 LHR-KUL made a fuel-stop at AMS, so both days, we had 2 MH 744's !!! (see also my highlights for AMS thread)...

T K,

That overflying charge-table is VERY interesting; never realized that a distance like that would be charged almost 6500 USD...and, look at the price difference of Ukraine and Turkmenistan: almost the same distance, however, UA is almost double in price ohmy.gif

Thanks so much TK for the fuel planning guide. Would you be able to give burn rates for de-rated climb to (say) FL300, then cruise burn rate at FL330 and descent burn rate? It will help us greatly for planning most flights.

Hope someone from AK can put up something like that for the A320 too.

This could be your aircraft at VIE. It was taken on my trip to Gothenburg last year.

user posted image

Attan,

At 280,000kg..roughly, from start engines to climb and level off at altitude of 32,000 feet...777 burns about 5500KG!!!

Over flight charges is a norm to all Airliners.

Fuel, what ever the price is...it is still the 'main' food for an airliner.

Fuel price goes up...ticket price has to go too.

Every airlines has to go through this.

What else a pilot can do with fuel. We take minimum sector from A to B and reserve from B to C.

Nowadays, strong winter winds over europe.

Jet streams everywhere...that is the limiting factor for fuel base on the weight we carry. Aircraft heading west, wind blows to the east. Strong head wind!!!

Like Pieter said, 747s do a tech stop at AMS for LHR flight, nothing new to me dry.gif

So remember guys...travel light.... cool.gif

Like Pieter said, 747s do a tech stop at AMS for LHR flight, nothing new to me dry.gif

Actually, it's on the LHR-KUL stretch wink.gif

Wonder, why it's only the MH003 and not the MH001 and/or MH007 ohmy.gif

Anyhow, today's refuel-stop on MH003 was (just) cancelled: flight will operate non-stop LHR-KUL (apparently due to favourable tail-winds)...

Could I also be due to fuel rationing in LHR at the moment?

21253[/snapback]

Exactly !!! and this should last for another couple of weeks ohmy.gif

Actually, it's on the LHR-KUL stretch  wink.gif

Wonder, why it's only the MH003 and not the MH001 and/or MH007  ohmy.gif

Anyhow, today's refuel-stop on MH003 was (just) cancelled: flight will operate non-stop LHR-KUL (apparently due to favourable tail-winds)...

21250[/snapback]

Because LHR is experiencing lack of fuel or something like that right

And I believe we have sufficient fuel over here which would make it kinda unnecessary to stop on the KUL LHR stretch

I read the news and they are saying that the blow at Hemel Hampstead will not be intefering with the aircraft fuel distributing claiming they have enough fuel , but hey they're going to AMS.

but hey they're going to AMS.

21311[/snapback]

Yeah, looks like LHR: 2 MH 747's a day biggrin.gif biggrin.gif (except today mad.gif )...

Gavin,

Still wonder why it only concerns MH003 in our case and not the MH001 or MH007: heavier loads on 003 ???

How do they clear the snow during the winter months..... dry.gif

user posted image

Not one truck...there are 10 of them!! smile.gif

Wow...looks like ground staff can have snowball fights when they're not busy! laugh.gif laugh.gif

wei wei wei..gonna out of topic..no more 'walk around an airliner' lar...........TK..more inflight cockpit and walk more round aroufn the airliner pls.laugh.gif

well, my "walk around an airliner" involves many aspect of aviation world.

sorry, i will post more cockpit shots and so on.

Please bare with me...9 days off only this month, the rest away from KUL.

Tired, jet lag and red eyes!! mad.gif

TK, when you come back later,can explain more about JET STREAM..

I really dunno what it is, last time I watch on NGC about Global flyer, they also mention it..

Is it some kind of strong wind up there ??

Thanks for the fuel burn tip, TK. Happy Xmas and New Year and hope to see more pics from you soon. Heard you'll be flying the reindeer until year-end :-)

i always love contrails.....its the best thing to see inflight.

No matter where i fly...up there in the sky i was never alone...

user posted image

while having the best view...i dont forget whats good for my tummy...!! he  he he

ohmy.gif

user posted image

17338[/snapback]

actually from the view of your food, is it hard to eat? since the plates are just pitting on your leg... i beleive it is hard to eat especially when we are hungry right? is there anything can hold it just like airbus do? as i know they have...

what if turbulence happen when the cruel is having their meals? haha... is there any cases that the crew smashed their food inside the cabin? ohmy.gif