MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Y. J. Foo

Subang Skypark Development Including New RM 1.5 Billion KTM Rail Link

I do hope they have different carriage and line for SZB bound pax..........the public avoid the current one like plague although they have changed most of carriage to new ones. I agree with you, KTMB can't seem to shake off its poor image even after all those 'improvements'.

I do hope they have different carriage and line for SZB bound pax..........the public avoid the current one like plague although they have changed most of carriage to new ones. I agree with you, KTMB can't seem to shake off its poor image even after all those 'improvements'.

Bad news for you then... This is from SPAD's website

- 8.157 km (from Subang Jaya to Subang Skypark)

- Metre gauge, 25 kV AC electrification

- Top speed 110 km/h, average speed 60 km/h

- Platform length at Subang Skypark station, 150 m

- Rolling stock : Envisaged to be Class 81, 82 and 83 EMUs

- Proposed operating frequency : 15 minutes (peak), 30 minutes (off peak)

- Operating hours : 6 am - 12 am

- Proposed fare (KL Sentral - Terminal Skypark) might be between RM 1.20 to RM 1.50

The rolling stock will be the old 3 cars komuter trains. If refurbished, they are still good. There are some refurbished Class 83 (Korean made) running around. And 3 cars is more than enough for the short trip from Subang Jaya to Skypark. BTW, this is a spur line from KTM's Subang Jaya station. So if you're from KL Sentral, need to change at Subang Jaya and board another train to Skypark

Edited by Mulyadir Fitri

Wonder if erl or ktm would consider to connect from szb to kul.

My guesses:

1. ERL, most unlikely.
  2. KTM, possibility - but not in the immediate future.

My guesses:

• ERL, most unlikely.
  • KTM, possibility - but not in the immediate future.

I believe they're building the Komuter extension to SZB & the station would be near the current carpark across Skypark

I believe they're building the Komuter extension to SZB & the station would be near the current carpark across Skypark

That is correct. A bit sad that the Kelana Jaya Line extension and SBK MRT did not include SZB. Both are more efficient and time saving (frequency for KTM SZB Line projected to be 15mins peak, 30 mins off peak)

Yes, it is a spur line and we are not sure if there will be direct trains from Sentral or just from Subang Jaya to Skypark.

The question was whether there will be a SZB to KUL link - hence my guesses above... :)

That is correct. A bit sad that the Kelana Jaya Line extension and SBK MRT did not include SZB. Both are more efficient and time saving (frequency for KTM SZB Line projected to be 15mins peak, 30 mins off peak)

Yes, it was a shame that the LRT and MRT are not passing SZB. If the KTM trains are just Subang Jaya - Skypark, they will not be very convenient as the pax will need to change trains to get the Sentral or Klang - and another lot of waiting for trains! I do hope that KTM can start a dedicated Sentral to Skypark service every 20 mins (3 rains per hour).

.... service every 20 mins (3 rains per hour).

Your smart tunnel and whatever available longkang there combined will not be able to deal with the deluge :lol:

This is actually upgrading and reopening of the 1983 Sri Subang railway branch which was abandoned when pax traffic and operations were moved to Sepang in 1998, and an addition of some further KMs to reach the Skypark terminal. The old line used to terminate right by Terminal 1. The line was used to primarily transport jet fuel from Port Dickson.

Edited by H Azmal

It will be interesting to learn of about the actual alignment of the new track from the end of the old T1 to the current car park of Skypark. It will probably ahve to go under the airplane overhead bridge.

Current LRT depot at Ara Damansara is about 5km from Skypark terminal, it is more economical to extend LRT line to Skypark terminal.

It will be interesting to learn of about the actual alignment of the new track from the end of the old T1 to the current car park of Skypark. It will probably ahve to go under the airplane overhead bridge.

I think it will cross over after the BHP petrol station - land there is being cleared now.

I think its more economical to extend the komuter line as there are existing KTM land, thus, land acquisition cost is minimal except for the last part of terminating the line in front of skypark.

I think its more economical to extend the komuter line as there are existing KTM land, thus, land acquisition cost is minimal except for the last part of terminating the line in front of skypark.

Unless LRT extension cost over RM250 million /km.

I think using KTM is the right decision - besides, airport trains need to be a bit special and have some luggage racks for people to put their bags and suitcases. LRT trains are people movers but not good for luggage.

http://www.subangskypark.com/pages/post/Future_Developments

Untitled-2.jpg

TERMINAL 2

The next phase of development will entail the refurbishment of the former Terminal 2 (T2) of the SAAS airport into an extension of the SkyPark Terminal 3. With a terminal extension of 320,000 sq ft, the project will include airport facilities and services and a multilevel car park of 400,000 sq ft with 1,155 bays. The extension will also include an entertainment / event deck that overlooks the runway, a first of its kind, open to public, in Malaysia.

SKYPARK BUSINESS AVIATION CENTRE (BAC) EXPANSION

The recent increase in corporate aviation in the region has driven SkyPark to expand its Business Aviation Centre facilities. The development of the new SkyPark Business Aviation Centre is scheduled to commence in early 2015. The 15,000 sq ft centre will cater to the discerning needs of high-end business travellers and high net-worth individuals with state of the art luxury lounges, meeting rooms and other facilities, while providing total privacy and high security.

newFBO2.jpg

an entertainment / event deck that overlooks the runway, a first of its kind, open to public, in Malaysia.

Like! :clapping:

I thk extension is needed. I was waiting for my Malindo flight a couple of weeks ago to KBR in the evening, it was so packed till there was hardly anymore seats left.

Can we get LRT instead of KTM........My previous experience with KTM was mehh.......

If KTM can operate 3 or 4 trains an hour, it should be adequate.

During the morning and evening peak hours, getting to Subang Airport by road is no joke! However, once MAS closes its Subang offices, traffic might be a little better during peak hours.

Can we get LRT instead of KTM........My previous experience with KTM was mehh.......

KTM is rather ok now with the new 6 car trains. This is a branch line. So most probably it will be a shuttle service from Subang Jaya station. Those from central KL will have to change trains there,just like the arrangement at Tanah Merah station on the EW line at Singapore Edited by Mulyadir Fitri

Those from central KL will have to change trains there

I hope not, unless they can check in their luggage! It is important that the Subang Airport train operates directly from Sentral without need to change trains. Being a branch line should not complicate the issue - so only those coming from other lines, e.g. Port Klang, need to change to the Subang-Sentral line.