MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Fitri Shukri

RMAF Butterworth AFB

1) Came back to Pen fr Sin last Friday. Saw around 1 platoon of Aussie soldiers in civies arriving on the same plane. They were collected at arrrival by someone fr RAAF n departed in a bus....

2) This morning while drivin along Gurney Drive around 8am, saw 2 C-130 coming in to land at RMAF Butterworth. Can't make out the markings as was too far away.

Other than that, nothin much happenin

Heard that AirForce 53th Anniversary will be held at Butterworth this year? Is it true?

Hey, I am studying in Uplands International School in Batu Ferringhi and yesterday and today, at around 8:30pm to 10pm there were several jets that did multiple flybys over Batu Ferringhi. Does anyone know why they are doing this?

Sambutan Hari Ulangtahun Tentera Udara Diraja Malaysia Ke-53 akan diadakan di Pangkalan Udara Butterworth pada 1 Jun 2011

Happy spotting to Penang spotters.. ;)

NOTAM

Q) WMFC/QWALW//M/A/000/050/0527N10023E010

A) WMKB

B ) 1105230030 C) 1106010300

D) DLY BTN 0030-0145 ON 23-24 MAY 2011

BTN 0030-0145 AND 0230-0300 ON 25 MAY-01 JUN 2011 (8.30AM-9.45AM and 10.30-11.00AM)

E) AIR DISPLAY WILL TAKE PLACE WI 10NM RADIUS OF WMKB AIRFIELD.

EXP DLA ON DEP AND ARR FOR WMKP AND WMKB.

F) GL

G) 5,000FT

Edited by MIR

NOTAM

Q) WMFC/QWALW//M/A/000/050/0527N10023E010

A) WMKB

B ) 1105230030 C) 1106010300

D) DLY BTN 0030-0145 ON 23-24 MAY 2011

BTN 0030-0145 AND 0230-0300 ON 25 MAY-01 JUN 2011 (8.30AM-9.45AM and 10.30-11.00AM)

E) AIR DISPLAY WILL TAKE PLACE WI 10NM RADIUS OF WMKB AIRFIELD.

EXP DLA ON DEP AND ARR FOR WMKP AND WMKB.

F) GL

G) 5,000FT

:angry: :vava: :wacko: :fool: ::8P:: aarrgghhhh should have check this piece of news early this morning. had i checked it early this morning, i would have gone to Butterworth....

Flankers will conduct live missile firings starting tomorrow till 12th August. Click here

NOTAM

A) WMKB

B ) 1108090300 C) 1108090700

E) SURFACE FIRING WILL TAKE PLACE WI OF COORD 045219N 1000637E,

041430N 1001619E, 043200N 0994728E, 045219N 1000637E

(WMD 413 S.E.C)

F) SL

G) 40,000FT

Heard some military birds flying around my area in Tanjung Bunga but didn't see a thing this morning around 10am....

Anyone know where is a good place for spotting the Ex-Bersama Lima birds.....thinking of goin for spotting

Normally runway 36 is the main runway in use in Butterworth. I would say Telok Air Tawar (in paddy field area). If runway 18 then Bagam Ajam or residential area next to perimeter fence is the place. have a look at google map to find the best spot.

:hi:

Heard some military birds flying around my area in Tanjung Bunga but didn't see a thing this morning around 10am....

Anyone know where is a good place for spotting the Ex-Bersama Lima birds.....thinking of goin for spotting

last week saw a couple of F/A-18 and BAe Hawks doing training. count me in if you still thinking of spotting. the safest area to spot would be from the paddy field. spotting from the perimeter fencing would most definitely attract the Provost attention..

some activities on 22/10/2011 around 1400hrs-1530hrs....

RAAF Super Hornet..

IMG_BAFB3.jpg

RAF Eurofighter Typhoon..

IMG_BAFB2.jpg

IMG_BAFB1.jpg

IMG_BAFB4.jpg

sorry for the low quality shots... :pardon:

Fuiyoh..Marvellous shots,Victor :good: The third photo is my favourite. I think the RAAF (A21-44) is a normal Hornet, Super Hornets have rectangular air-intakes. There's also a F/A-18A Hornet in special colour scheme this time, rego is A21-38.

Very nice shots Victor. :clapping: :clapping: Third shot for me as well.

Saw the special tail F/A 18 off the beach here at Batu Ferringhi yesterday afternoon. Too far away for a decent photo though. Seems to have "70" on the fins.

Very nice catches from Butterworth, Victor!

Yes, that RAAF looks like a normal Hornet as all of the RAAF's Super Hornets were taking part in that massive formation flypast in Australia.

Fuiyoh..Marvellous shots,Victor :good: The third photo is my favourite. I think the RAAF (A21-44) is a normal Hornet, Super Hornets have rectangular air-intakes. There's also a F/A-18A Hornet in special colour scheme this time, rego is A21-38.

Very nice catches from Butterworth, Victor!

Yes, that RAAF looks like a normal Hornet as all of the RAAF's Super Hornets were taking part in that massive formation flypast in Australia.

Opppsss sorry, my bad, mistakenly identified the Aussie F/A-18 as Super Hornet.. :pardon:

Waaaa...... Typhoon!.... nice catch Victor :clapping:

Location? or is it classified... :p

location: middle of the paddy field parallel to rmy 18. pretend to be hard working paddy farmer holding a dslr instead of 'cangkul' to escape detection.. :lol:

anyway, thanks guys...

Typhoon at Butterworth,Superbbb shot Victor....👍👍 Any chance this Typhoon coming to SZB....?👽👽

Nice shots ........drinks.gif drinks.gif ....Y'day 22/10 around 11am saw couple figther jets performing flying stunts around the base could not make out what type......as I saw it on the island too far

Good catch there Victor during your "field work". :good:

You should apply more on-site work in Butterworth from your boss. :p :lol: