MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Fitri Shukri

RMAF Butterworth AFB

FYI, the ex-pm still can use the gomen facilities only for official task that given by gomen but it limited.

Like Tun Dr M and Tun Abdullah, after they retired the only have 2 bodyguard and etc. TQ

same like 'skim pencen', u will receive the salary after retired but half saja laa..

Same like PM, after retired, the benefit will be limited.

Hmm,interesting facts you've shared with us,Pyan.But since Pak Lah still an MP for Kepala Batas,does he still receive the MP allowances?

Sorry for the OT.

FYI, the ex-pm still can use the gomen facilities only for official task that given by gomen but it limited.

Like Tun Dr M and Tun Abdullah, after they retired the only have 2 bodyguard and etc. TQ

same like 'skim pencen', u will receive the salary after retired but half saja laa..

Same like PM, after retired, the benefit will be limited.

Sofian, thanks for the info as this is new to me...thanks for the info...besides the bodyguards, what other perks do they have or am entitled too ? I think his pencen is higher than most of that is still working....rolleyes.gif

In most countries, retired PM is a civilian; don’t have privilege to use gomen’s facility. However, if they are appointed to company, they will use the company’s facility as per contract.

just wondering, why is everyone leaving their shirts untucked ??

I don't want to sound like a school teacher, but certainly it's courtesy for the public to dress appropriately ?

This RF5E from Butterworth flew past the beach at Batu Ferringhi just after 6.15 last evening. Missed the first pass but managed a couple of shots of the second.

5247974490_99dfe05422_z.jpg

IMG_2385 by Janner88, on Flickr

5247372187_a0f5fb496b_z.jpg

IMG_2390 by Janner88, on Flickr

that bird can still fly with afterburners even after all these years..thought they would 'berlembut' a bit with this species.. :p

Military exercise perhaps...there were also a few jets buzzing over Tanjung Bungah at midday last Saturday and saw a C-130 doing some tactical maneuvers over Butterworth last Friday.

Edited by MIR

Any photos from the event in butterworth? I only saw a pic of Agong inside sukhoi from the newspaper n hope to see a lot more from u guys.. :clapping:

The Sabre was repainted and has been moved to the front the Officer's Mess. It is just on the left side of the road, immediately before the air base main entrance if you are driving from Butterworth.

Exercise Bersama Sheild 2011 will kick off this Monday. Possibly a C-17/C-130, and six F/A-18F Super Hornets from RAAF No.1 Squadron will be arriving this weekend. Hope the Kiwis will send their planes too :) 46 aircrafts are expected to be involved in this major military exercise. Edited by MIR

Exercise Bersama Sheild 2011 will kick off this Monday. Possibly a C-17/C-130, and six F/A-18F Super Hornets from RAAF No.1 Squadron will be arriving this weekend. Hope the Kiwis will send their planes too :) 46 aircrafts are expected to be involved in this major military exercise.

any idea when the participants will arrive i.e. its ETA in Butterworth AFB? air space around Butterworth should be very busy this weekend.....

any idea when the participants will arrive i.e. its ETA in Butterworth AFB? air space around Butterworth should be very busy this weekend.....

Sorry bro, i don't have the ETA. I'll post it here if i get any updates :)

Most of the airspace in peninsular is reserved for PADU even around Terengganu and Kota Bharu airspace.. They even established a Scramble Corridor from Tengah AFB... And I don't really know what is Scramble Corridor hehe..

Most of the airspace in peninsular is reserved for PADU even around Terengganu and Kota Bharu airspace.. They even established a Scramble Corridor from Tengah AFB... And I don't really know what is Scramble Corridor hehe..

eerrmmm PADU?? stands for....??? :pardon:

Ooops sorry, PADU is a thing in a past, 2010.. It is SHIELD exercise that is coming.. Hope to see some military aircraft photo from Mwings taiko-spotters...

They even established a Scramble Corridor from Tengah AFB... And I don't really know what is Scramble Corridor hehe..

Tengah Scramble Corridor : A corridor has been established to enable departing aircraft from Tengah Air base to transit into the exercise airspace. - AIP Supplement for Exercise Bersama Shield 2011

The guys from RAAF Base Towsville just arrived yesterday, they charted a Royal Brunei Airlines B777 to PEN. I remember, there was one exercise a few years back at BWH whereby the crews and equipments arrived a few days later than the Hornets due to some problems.

Edited by MIR

Stupid question but how the hornets coming from there?

Stupid question but how the hornets coming from there?

no such thing as stupid question bro, only stupid answers... ;)

i believed the Hornets flew directly from Australia and somewhere along the way, they do mid air refueling...just my guess...

p/s: RMAF Hornets did the same routine while flying to Darwin for Exercise Pitch Black in 2008.