MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Fitri Shukri

RMAF Butterworth AFB

Fresh from the CF today... could this be RMAF first Hawk (M40-01)

rmaf11.jpg

I'm spotting from public areas... but of course... still got risk :huh:

Excellent photo..... really liked the F-5's you posted before the 'crash'. Any chance or re-posting ? Whetted my appetite, don't see too many F-5's flying nowadays. Saw 2 Turkish AF examples (ex RNeth AF) in UK and one Spanish AF in Belgium all in July.

Might actually see you snapping away if your about after Xmas, as I have received confirmation from KL today that I can visit Butterworth on 27 or 28 Dec (very nice Xmas present). Hope the tour is as good as last time in 2004.

Keith D

Reposting

RAAF PC-3 Orion

rmaf14.jpg

rmaf15.jpg

FA18D practising for LIMA

rmaf16.jpg

rmaf17.jpg

rmaf18.jpg

Some more Hawk, spotting with S Chang

rmaf22.jpg

rmaf20.jpg

S-61 Nuri flying in endless circles over us

rmaf21.jpg

F5E and F5F just landed

rmaf23.jpg

rmaf24.jpg

rmaf25.jpg

Thanks for re-posting your photo's Fitri

Have to agree with TK................ those F-5 photo's are just superb :) :) :rolleyes:

Is the one at LIMA one of these upgarded airframes ? looks like the same colour scheme. Hope it stays around until Sunday pm when I arrive in LGK

Keith D

Let me add...superb shots of the RMAF jets...especially the F5F!!...very rare,probably only 2 left?...still have fond memories growing up as a kid in Ulu Kelang,watching this kris shaped jets holding over our place before running in for the Merdeka Day flypast every year...

This evening. C130 Hercules from Down Under. 3 of them some more.

rmafbworth1.jpg

And by the way, I was using a compact camera, Ricoh R8, ALSO GOT DUST IN CCD!!!!! ARRRGGHHH....

Wa..Good catch over there !! :good:

I think they are currently deployed for the Exercise BERSAMA SHIELD with RMAF.

Expecting more traffic at RMAF Butterwoth this month, on 23-25 May 2008 - RAAF's 50th Anniversary of the establishment of a Combat Support Unit at RMAF Base Butterworth.

Edited by MIR

Wa..Good catch over there !! :good:

I think they are currently deployed for the Exercise BERSAMA SHIELD with RMAF.

Expecting more traffic at RMAF Butterwoth this month, on 23-25 May 2008 - RAAF's 50th Anniversary of the establishment of a Combat Support Unit at RMAF Base Butterworth.

Thanks for the info MIR. Too bad I'll be outstation during the BERSAMA SHIELD.

Fuuuh fuuuh Fitri !!!

MIG & F5: excellent and stunning pictures of RMAF's might/force :pardon:

mana SU ? :huh:

Haiya Fitri...that bad ah...

Thanks for the update..

check SZB thread...i got the P-3 Orion and B707 both RAAF...

pls update further fitri Thanks...

Fitri, awesome bro! atleast you got 1 of the 3 in new 37sqn (Trojan) colours!

M. Faridz, all our J's are the stretched -30 model. Now to wait and see whether we get the mini Herc J's (AKA C-27J spartan) to attempt to replace our Caribou's!

Edited by Liam Gibb

Fitri, awesome bro! atleast you got 1 of the 3 in new 37sqn (Trojan) colours!

M. Faridz, all our J's are the stretched -30 model. Now to wait and see whether we get the mini Herc J's (AKA C-27J spartan) to attempt to replace our Caribou's!

Ho!Ho!really love the mighty Herk...especially the Js with that new prop...C27 Spartans?..saw the demo ac in Dubai Airshow a couple of years back doing barrel roll with the ramp open and the quartermaster standing there!!!really impressive mini herk!!

whoa..military birds thread back online!i envy u la..getting the chance to snapped such wonderful close up photos of those planes..if i had an RMAF base that close i would buy a khemah and camp there..but nearest airbase for me would be sg. besi and i dont think those nuris are worth camping out for.. :p

i remember how excited i was at LIMA but was severely dissapointed when i realized that my 3.2mpx camera produced pathetic pictures..considering the time i spent at the airport during LIMA,you could understand my dissapointment for not getting even one quality picture of the planes flying,taking off etc.. :sorry:

but still,the excitement of watching those planes zooming about in the sky is something i still 'feel' until today..i love planes that much! :)

my kampung is in kepala batas and i wonder why i never thought of stopping by at the butterworth AB..

Edited by iwan

Royal Australian Air Force deployed Eight F/A-18 Hornets and a AP-3C Orion to Butteworth to participate in the Exercise Bersama Lima 2009 till October 23. RAAF Boeing C-17A and C-130J are providing strategic lift and support to the deployed forces.

I had no idea how power the jet blast till house/squatter damage due to it...The Star newspaper yesterday had pictures of damage but not really clear..here the story..

USAF Fighter Jet In Tactical Flight Causes Damage To House

KUALA LUMPUR, Nov 14 (Bernama) -- A house in the vicinity of the Royal Malaysian Air Force (RMAF) base in Butterworth, Penang, suffered damage following a tactical flight by a United States Air Force (USAF) F-15 Eagle fighter jet last Wednesday, the RMAF said on Saturday.

The plane is one of eight USAF fighter jets participating in the Cope Taufan 2009 exercise along with RMAF aircraft from Nov 9 to 20, said RMAF public relations officer Maj Kamarulzaman Ali in a statement.

He said the incident happened soon after the plane had taken off from the air base at about 3pm.

The RMAF and USAF were identifying the actual cause of the incident, taking into account the applicable safety instructions as well as the need to make improvements if necessary, he added.

The F-15 fighter jets are stationed at the United States air base in Kadena, Okinawa, in Japan.

In BUTTERWORTH, housewife Jennifer Yong, whose house in Kampung Paya Terbakar was nearest to the runway, told Bernama those living in the area were used to vibrations from aircraft taking off and landing at the base.

"But this time was different, the whole house was shaking and I felt that something had flown off my roof. I ran out and saw the roof over the dining room was gone and there were cracks on the wall," Yong, who has lived there for more than 23 years in her half-wooden half-brick house.

Tang Chen Moi, 22, a tenant in a nearby house, said the roof of her kitchen was blown off.

"At about 3 pm, I saw a jet take off and I noticed it was a bit low, about tree high, and the roof at the back of the house was shaking," she said.

Penang State Executive Councillor Lim Hock Seng said the squatter area had 250 families and the Federal government had previously offered the residents compensation of RM25,000 for each house on the government-owned land.

But the state government felt it was too little and a settlement was still pending.

From Bernama

Another related news

n_25roof.jpg

n_25cracks.jpg

From The Star

Unfortunate Abg Fitri who stay near with Butterworth AFB now base at Klang Valley

Ow, do you have any official news about the coming of Surya Kiran ?

Ehh... Thats the official news I got from the RMAF. Sorry, calling via mobile to KL is expensive. I didn't ask much except when they are coming. More info later.

saw a c-17 departed butterworth airbase at 1030 this morning . It headed west. Unable to get its rego

Six Royal Australian Air Force F/A-18s and one AP-3C Orion are at Butterworth Air Base at the moment. They are in Malaysia for the Exercise Bersama Shield 2010 till the end of the week.

Few RAAF F/A18 regos:

1. A21-48

2. A21-19

3. A21-29

Edited by MIR