MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Y. J. Foo

SQ: No sex in our A380 suites please

Sex ban on the Airbus A380

Steve Bleach got the lowdown on Singapore Airlines' 'no sex' rules for the double bed suites, and quizzed the first passengers

The A380 may have the world’s first airborne double bed, but it won’t be put to the obvious use if Singapore Airlines has its way: “If couples used our double beds to engage in inappropriate activity, we would politely ask them to desist,” said the company’s Stephen Forshaw. “There are things that are acceptable on an aircraft and things that aren’t, and the rules for behaviour in our double beds are the same ones that apply throughout the aircraft.”

In any case, the plane is as yet unchristened: Tony and Julie Elwood from Perth, Australia had booked the first A380 double suite, but hardly had a moment of privacy for a romantic kiss, let alone anything raunchier, as a parade of journalists came knocking on their door. Even so, they weren’t too impressed with Singapore’s strait-laced attitude. “So they’ll sell you a double bed, and give you privacy and endless champagne — and then say you can’t do what comes naturally?” asked Tony, a vigorous 76. “Seems a bit strange.”

“They seem to have done everything they can to make it romantic, short of bringing round oysters,” said Julie, 51. “I’d say they shouldn’t really complain, should they? Though I don’t think they’ll have anything to worry about from us — the flight is so busy with people coming to see the suites, we wouldn’t have the opportunity.”

Times Online

What say you?? :pardon: :pardon:

this is an easy one...

u are paying the price of some 5star hotel in the air, and SIA should serve it like a flying hotel...

hence... there shouldn't be any restrictions

If you pay 10,000 bucks for a seat (or bed..) in suites, you probably don't want to hear those "funny" noises. But I guess it's okay for couples doing it discreetly without making noises or letting anyone knows about it. After all, mile high club is nothing new. Just hope that SQ do change the sheets regularly... :lol:

If before this people can do it in the toilet, why not on the bed once offered, right...? A380 certainly not flying for 1-2 hours flight. so when flying for many hours, with your mate beside, on a bed, dimmed lights, not to mention after paying like a 5-star hotel, who wouldn't 'do' it?

If you pay 10,000 bucks for a seat (or bed..) in suites, you probably don't want to hear those "funny" noises. But I guess it's okay for couples doing it discreetly without making noises or letting anyone knows about it. After all, mile high club is nothing new. Just hope that SQ do change the sheets regularly... :lol:
:rofl: :rofl: those are a good advise...

An A380 is not a car.

It won't rock up & down due to internal oscillations - no matter how violent.

Even if it does, its not enough to crash the super jumbo.

So, why worry?

Edited by Jerry Ang

I thinks the restriction is solely to comfort those who are incapable of doing it while flying.

What is the use of double bed suites if intimacy provided by the very facility bars couples from copulation? Ceeeewwaaahhh!

How are they going to enforce the ban?

I would assume that it is the first thing that comes to most people's minds when they see the beds :spiteful:

How can they design the suites like that and expect people not to do it.

“If couples used our double beds to engage in inappropriate activity, we would politely ask them to desist,”

Sex between married couples is not an inappropriate activity, so unless they spell it out, it is still possible. And winable in the court of law.

They probably need to make it the typical Singapore way - a law that will not allowed to have sex on Singapore's territory on air. They will need to impose canning or $5000 fine as the consequences to stop people from doing this. :lol:

Why put a bed (with petals as in the 'promo' pics) and doors to close in the first place, huh? ;)

Ah, Singapore....

Singaporeans blur on sex

Other News & Views

Compiled by BEH YUEN HUI, GLADYS TAY AND A. RAMAN

MANY Singaporeans have been seeking help from doctors on how to have sexual intercourse, Sin Chew Daily reported yesterday.

Singapore Thomson Medical Centre (TMC) founder Dr Cheng Wei Chen said the hospital received several people every month, mostly university graduates, seeking their guidance on how to “do it”.

Its urology senior consultant Dr Lin Fa Cai said he once treated a woman who was married for 10 years and supposedly had sex more than 1,000 times, but was still a virgin.

Dr Lin said the husband, who had a doctorate degree, and his wife, who complained of being unable to conceive, sought help at the hospital.

“The couple told me they had sex about three times a week but when I examined the wife, her hymen was still intact.

“He had a doctorate degree but zero knowledge on sex,” he said.

Another doctor, who declined to be named, said a couple in their 30s sought help from Mount Elizabeth Hospital and Medical Centre for failing to conceive after seven years of marriage.

He said he found no problem with the couple but later discovered that the husband withdrew just before ejaculating.

http://thestar.com.my/news/story.asp?file=...&sec=nation

He said he found no problem with the couple but later discovered that the husband withdrew just before ejaculating
:rofl: :rofl: I was laughing my a** off reading this yesterday!...

..... They will need to impose canning ..... to stop people from doing this. :lol:

Oooooh - kinky ! Will that be metted out whilst still en route :rofl: ?

Not sure if the measure will "stop people" or end up inducing people though !

SQ can’t endorse publicly that their F cabin is the place to join mile high club. As long as other pax are not disturbed or complaining, or CC is a party, they will close one eye.

:drinks:

Edited by KK Lee

Oooooh - kinky ! Will that be metted out whilst still en route rofl.gif ?

Not sure if the measure will "stop people" or end up inducing people though !

LOL, probably the latter. More people to join the gang :p

I also read that "doctorate who does not know how to do it" story in the newspaper. I thought this kind of natural instinct was built in our DNA. What is the good of studying so much, while you can't even pass your gene to the next generation??

By the way, back to the A380. I think the suit is a little bit too much. It looks more like a thing to show off rather than there for practical reason. I really would like to see how well will the suit be accepted by general public (how the sale would be like).

Sign in to follow this