MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Edwin P K

MAS Enrich Frequent Flyer Program

The new WOR newsletter is late again, which is not a surprising occasion anymore as it has now becomming a nuisance.

I did some checking on the Enrich online redemption booking and for those who would like to redeem their miles, MH is offering discount on redemption to the following routes:

KUL-NRT vv goes for 31,500 Enrich miles for a return seat in Economy class (35% discount). This is not the best offer on the route. MH offered 50% discount (29,250 Enrich miles) on 3 previous quarters. But I can't find the same offer for KIX and ICN.

And that's it. I tried SYD, MEL, AKL, CPT, EZE, LAX, IST, LHR and there seems to be no discount being offered. I guess we'll have to wait for the WOR to come out first for confirmation. Isn't life will be so much easier and more pleasant if the WOR can be uploaded on the website on time each time?

The new WOR newsletter is late again, which is not a surprising occasion anymore as it has now becomming a nuisance.

I did some checking on the Enrich online redemption booking and for those who would like to redeem their miles, MH is offering discount on redemption to the following routes:

KUL-NRT vv goes for 31,500 Enrich miles for a return seat in Economy class (35% discount). This is not the best offer on the route. MH offered 50% discount (29,250 Enrich miles) on 3 previous quarters. But I can't find the same offer for KIX and ICN.

And that's it. I tried SYD, MEL, AKL, CPT, EZE, LAX, IST, LHR and there seems to be no discount being offered. I guess we'll have to wait for the WOR to come out first for confirmation. Isn't life will be so much easier and more pleasant if the WOR can be uploaded on the website on time each time?

As expected, lost the sure lose bet with you.... but somehow or other we did not decide on the winning prize. Shall we try again, this time not just for one quarter, but the next three quarters all at one go??

Hi guys,

Just wondering if anyone here has the Platinum card? From the list of benefits, it appears the same as the Gold card other than some extra insurance, so thought of checking to see if the Platinum card is worth the extra annual fees?

Edited by Edwin P K

with the platinum card, BUY 1 FREE 1 BUSINESS CLASS TICKET

With the CIMB Enrich Platinum MasterCard, enjoy a free ticket when you purchase a MAS full-fare Business Class ticket to any destination around the workd.

Edited by affendi osman

Redeem & enjoy 10% EXTRA Enrich Miles using your Citi Rewards points. Call Citiphone or visit www.enrich.malaysiaairlines.com for info. Offer ends 31/05. T&C apply.

I redeemed 91,000 Citi Rewards point for Enrich miles a day before being informed about the offer, but gladly was given the 10% extra miles. But during the process, I also discovered that the conversion rate has increased from 6,400 Citi Rewards points for 1,000 Enrich miles to 7,000 Citi Rewards points for 1,000 Enrich miles. Redemption for 1,000 KrisFlyer miles still stay at 6,400 Citi Rewards points. Most banks in the Enrich programs still charge 6,000 points for 1,000 Enrich miles.

Todate I have redeemed 135,800 Citi Rewards points for 21,300 Enrich miles and 6,400 Citi Rewards points for 1,000 KrisFlyer miles. Also, 18,000 Standard Chartered's Choice Points for 3,000 KrisFlyer miles.

I know nothing about credit card points so forgive me for asking, but 1 point = RM1 that you spent?

Certain banks credit card give you 2 points for every Ringgit swiped overseas.

American Express is the only card in Malaysia to offer 2 Membership Rewards Points for every Ringgit swiped in Malaysia. Certain AMEX card types such as AMEX Gold credit card even gives you 5 Membership Rewards Points for every Ringgit swiped at petrol station and major supermarkets such as Carrefour and Tesco etc.

They can reward you 2x, 5x, even more, points for each RM charged, but it's also very much dependant on what each point is worth at time of redemption and what you intend to redeem for anyway ! :D

Can't say I've ever really made any conscious effort to maximize these points accumulation all these years, so I'm certainly no authority to comment. However, it is always amusing to have the wife spouting excitement about extra reward points accumulated via purchases on items she would not normally have splashed out on under sane circumstance :D

As we are all have experienced since eternity, the new WOR newsletter for the quarter of 1 May - 31 July 2010 is of course, late again, as per the usual affairs.

But I use the Enrich Online redemption function, and here are my findings:

MH offers a 30% discount on redemption for the following flights:

KUL-LHR-KUL

KUL-AMS-KUL

KUL-FRA-KUL

KUL-CDG-KUL

KUL-AKL-KUL

going for only 42,000 Enrich miles (instead of the usual 60,000 Enrich miles required). However, only Economy Class is on offer. I can't find any seat with discounted redemption rates for Business Class and First Class. I am not sure about KUL-FCO-KUL, as the lowest rate I found is 63,000 Enrich miles which is higher than the normal non discounted rate.

30% discount on redemption is also offered for:

KUL-SYD-KUL

KUL-MEL-KUL

KUL-BNE-KUL

KUL-ADL-KUL

KUL-PER-KUL

for 31,500 Enrich miles for a return Economy Class seat (instead of 45,000 Enrich miles). Again, discount on Business Class and First Class seats are nowhere to be found.

There could be other offers, but we can only confirm once we get that newsletter!

The newsletter can be viewed here http://www.malaysiaairlines.com/uploads/en/includes/worbooklet.html but the pdf version is still showing the one from the last quarter.

So it's confirmed that MH is offering:

AMS, LHR, FRA, CDG, FCO, IST, AKL for 42,000 Enrich miles (return Economy Class ticket)

ADL, BNE, MEL, PER, SYD, DXB, BEY for 31,500 Enrich miles (return Economy Class ticket)

This quarter is also the first time where redemption can be made to/from PEN, JHB, KCH and BKI to those destinations mentioned above. Only Economy Class seats are offered and all redemption has to be completed before 30 June 2010, which means there is no offer at all from 1 - 31 July 2010, before the next World of Riches is out.

I recently have been a convert back to the Enrich programme and here are my reasons why:

1.You earn points on all international flights, no matter how cheap. You get 30% miles, which is better than nothing and a whole lot better than SQ.

2.Redeeming points for flights are so much easier and there seems to be better availability for free seats at shorter notice compared to other frequent flyer programmes.

3.Enrich offers the best earn:redemption ratio as far as I can see (compared to SQ, QF and DJ). For example, 5 business class trips from SYD-LHR return will give you enough points to redeem 1 business class trip from SYD-LHR return. It'll take a whole lot more than that to claim a free flight on SQ or QF (and their fares are so much more expensive!).

4.The cost of redeeming free flights is also so much cheaper compared to SQ and QF.

5.Enrich also offers companion redemption tickets, which I find incredibly useful.

6.The online Enrich staff have always responded to any queries I've had (with regards to missing miles and online account problems), even though it may not always be "immediately".

Edited by Josh T

Logged into my Enrich account after a flight into LHR, and saw 13k Enrich miles! Then I realised that they are having double miles promo...excellent!

Check the newsletter for latest promo. MH needs to send these newsletter to my email!

enrich has failed to impress.

i sent them an email highlighting password issues with enrich online and it took them 3 months to reply.

i sent them an email highlighting password issues with enrich online and it took them 3 months to reply.

I don't know why it took them so long for you. Every time I've had to sort out passowrd issues (for myself or for my family members), they've always replied to sorted it out within a week.

Just a quick question: Avis car rentals earn 600 miles per rental. I remember years ago when you could only earn points with car rentals if your rental was within 24 hours of an MH flight. I don't see that condition anymore on their website but I just want to make sure. Can anyone clarify this for me? 600 miles is very generous and I'd prefer to link my Enrich memeber ship to Avis than with other airlines. Thanks in advance.

You should be able to.. It does not need to be within 24hours of a flight. I used to rent cars from Hertz and got 500 points each time.

Thanks for that! I'll definitely be claiming Enrich miles every time I rent a car now! :yahoo:

Had some password issues as well a few months back but just called them up and it was fixed within a few minutes.

I think in general, Malaysian businesses really need to improve on e-mail replies and all that. Very poor.