MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sandeep G

Malaysian Airport Infrastructure Development News

my friends received an email that contain defect photos from BKI T2....top be honest..the workmanship..very poor :(...the contractor (Global Upline SB) managed to complete the terminal way ahead of schedule but at the expensed of the quality....now i start to wonder if they have any QA/QC engineer....

Can get those pics to share with us?

was told by the MAHB big boss that the new location for the permanent LCCT is as below...most prob. will start for construction after 2012

lcct.jpg

Can get those pics to share with us?

most of it are major cracks at the apron and defects ( terminal) during construction of T2...the photos are not with me though...

was told by the MAHB big boss that the new location for the permanent LCCT is as below...most prob. will start for construction after 2012

lcct.jpg

it seems the plan for the 2nd MTB is destroyed in the KLIA Masterplan... expecting KLIA will not reach its design capacity of 50million pax per year (with sat B built) in the foreseeable future? :pardon:

it seems the plan for the 2nd MTB is destroyed in the KLIA Masterplan... expecting KLIA will not reach its design capacity of 50million pax per year (with sat B built) in the foreseeable future? :pardon:

Maybe they have realised that the Low-Cost segment will make up the bulk of that 50 million pax. With the fast growth of AK maybe that 50 million may come even sooner.

So we will have quite a number of bridges for aircraft to taxi over cars, heading to both rwys.

Like Changi and Sydney? :yahoo:

Location of permanent LCCT:

hmm, I hope it is of a good quality structure and not shed-like if this is to be the permanent location... Although, looks like cowboy town and the concorde will dissappear... plenty more space around the tower and existing Pan-Pacific for more public infrastructure however!

I'm sure there will be changes to the plan over the next few years since the commencement date is only given as 2012. What about Satellite "B" (i.e. D apron)? any word on that Fairul?

They better make the LCC looks nice and classy, or it will be an eyesore, side by side with MTB...

Cowboy Town disappar... Gonna miss it...

With this permanent LCCT, will the existing one be demolished or it remains?

Becomes a Cargo complex. Was always designed with that in mind... although the walkways will be demolished I would say..

Perhaps AirAsiaLogistics!!!! :D Maybe AirAsia could even convert it into an A/C Hangar! Although, it would be far from where they would be operating!

Location of permanent LCCT:

hmm, I hope it is of a good quality structure and not shed-like if this is to be the permanent location... Although, looks like cowboy town and the concorde will dissappear... plenty more space around the tower and existing Pan-Pacific for more public infrastructure however!

I'm sure there will be changes to the plan over the next few years since the commencement date is only given as 2012. What about Satellite "B" (i.e. D apron)? any word on that Fairul?

still no news on the second satellite building...at the moment..MAHB is concentrating on the expansion of the LCCT...the food court construction started already..

Becomes a Cargo complex. Was always designed with that in mind... although the walkways will be demolished I would say..

Perhaps AirAsiaLogistics!!!! :D Maybe AirAsia could even convert it into an A/C Hangar! Although, it would be far from where they would be operating!

You mean Tune Logistics, Sandeep? :rofl:

What about Satellite "B" (i.e. D apron)?

At the current rate of growth, satellite B won't be needed anytime soon, may be in 10 years time.

:drinks:

Yesterday I took off from runway 32L, full length available. Only a matter of time before 32L is open for landing again. (Yeah, weather station spotting, but hot lah, no shade. Must bring umbrella like Emperor)

But I feel the surface is rougher and patchy. Maybe they should've fully resurface the whole runway.

lcct.jpg

Huh!! This permanent LCCT is sitting right on the big outdoor carpark (for spotter, we usually go around this carpark when going to spooky spot) ?! Looks like spooky spot could be in jeopardy. :angry:

IMHO, Pan Pacific and Cowboy town will remain there as the Pan Pacific is located between ATC tower and the outdoor carpark, while Cowboy town is further to the left (not in image).

It would be interesting to see a/c taxing to both runway via bridges. Hehehe... Let's wait and see. :pardon:

Yesterday I took off from runway 32L, full length available. Only a matter of time before 32L is open for landing again. (Yeah, weather station spotting, but hot lah, no shade. Must bring umbrella like Emperor)

But I feel the surface is rougher and patchy. Maybe they should've fully resurface the whole runway.

the new surface is made from different material compared to the existing ..maybe once new rehabilitated runway is groove later this yr, it will be a smooth take off for u Captain...:)

the passenger boarding bridge (PBB) is ready for installation...by the time im writing this down..im sure its attached to the fixed bridge of C17 already....

P4190003.jpg

this is the rotunda..the part that connects between the PBB tunnel and the fixed bridge...it will be supported by a column..

P4190040.jpg

the PBB tunnel...this is one massive bridge...very long if fully stretch

P4190036.jpg

later will post some more including the works at MAS A380 new hangar...

Edited by Fairul

Great insights Fairul!

Are they 'Buatan Malaysia'?

yerp..local made by Muhibbah Airline Support Industries (MASI)....quite a number of aerobridges in Malaysia are manufactured by them...KBR..AOR..and the new BKI ..to name a few..

What about the existing installed aerobridges at KUL and PEN - also by MASI ? Any idea ?

I noticed the new ones at KCH are 'made in Shanghai' or something like that

What about the existing installed aerobridges at KUL and PEN - also by MASI ? Any idea ?

Wow made in China... hehehe

Eh looks like the one in KIA lol or is it KIA follow KLIA hehehe

the existing KUL (satellite )are joint venture from Malaysian Projass engineering and Indonesian's Bukaka..the one in MTB i cant remember...MYY, LBU and the old ones at KCH used MASI's aerobrigdge...

Edited by Fairul

If memory serves me right, the ones currently at BKI, the old old ones at KCH and those from Subang (apparently now reinstalled at various other airports in EM, eg. SDK) were purchased from Mitsubishi (Japanese) Nice to note that in the twenty years or so since, we can now manufacture our own. Not that these involve rocket science technology, but still a step in the right direction !

BTW Fairul, how involved are you with KKIA project ? You seem to have very detailed info available !! (Not only of KKIA mind you)

Edited by BC Tam