MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
KC Sim

Singapore Changi Airport Spotting

Searched the G-CIVP anet db but cdnt find the pix with red nose. Cd u pls post a link? Thanks.

PS that wd be just rt for Christmas though

Even better, as I only knew they had 1 AC in oneworld colours I now discovered the red nose one is G-CIVC

Here is a link for "red-nose"

www.jetphotos.net/viewphoto.php?id=6500906&nseq=0

Regards, David.

Thanks, David for tt link. Tantalising nose indeed.

Cornelis,

From what I know,

2 BA a/c in oneworld colours G-CIVP and G-BNLI. Seems they are painting one 772 too.

1 QF a/c in oneworld colours VH-OEB Heard they are painting VH-EBL too.

Cheers

Edited by fablee

All plans for a photography session on Saturday - with single runway operation - were washed out by the furious storms that lashed Singapore. I can only imagine that the penultimate day of the HSBC Women's Golf Championship was also partially washed out. But the weather made amends this Sunday morning with a lovely blue skies and brilliant sunshine . . . with some threatening clouds in the afternoon.

AirAsia provided two lovely A320s to grace the skies this morning . . . beginning with ZOOM! followed by Bank Rakyat.

mw-9M-AFQ-2009-03-08-04Cr-Zoom-APS.jpg

mw-9M-AHQ-2009-03-08-02Cr-BankRakya.jpg

Qantas' second A380 (named Hudson Fysh) has resumed work on the Kangaroo Route after suffering a grounding . . . seen here arriving from London.

mw-VH-OQB-2009-03-08-04Cr-APS.jpg

In the afternoon, N5PG was one of several biz-jets to arrive in SIN today . . .

mw-N5PG-2009-03-08-01Cr-APS.jpg

. . . followed by Jet Airways' B737-400 VT-JAR in the colours of China Postal Airlines. It is seen here arriving from KUL-Subang (two days late).

mw-VT-JAR-2009-03-08-03Cr-ChinaPost.jpg

And here's one that got away . . . landing on 20C instead.

mw-Planespotting-2009-03-08-ANA-Sta.jpg

KC Sim

Just to post an amendment to my earlier post

From what I know,

3 BA a/c in oneworld colours G-CIVP, G-CIVC and G-BNLI. Seems they are painting one 772 too.

1 QF a/c in oneworld colours VH-OEB Heard they are painting VH-EBL too.

Cheers

btw KC, hope you will post shot of VH-OJK ops QF 10 tdy. I think this is the first time she is visiting SIN after maj belly work. Thank you.

Monday morning sighting . . .

Omega Tanker's DC-10 again passed through Singapore, this time enroute from Abu Dhabi to Avalon in Australia.

mw-N974VV-2009-03-09-06Cr-ROS.jpg

Also departing to Narita is this lightly loaded JAL B747-400 . . .

mw-JA8085-2009-03-09-04Cr-TOS.jpg

KC Sim

Lucky shot with the Omega tanker rotation! The rain was unbelievably long and sustained yesterday.

China Postal Airlines B734 did a 'transformation' after arriving as VT-JAR on Sunday and is re-registered as N651AC. I also wonder what's up with the huge titles advertising its MSN number at the rear of the fuselage :)

N651AC_MW.jpg

:shok: VT-JAR has change rego... may i know why it park at pax terminal,

when it left Subang, call-sign was JetAirways 2009....hhmmm...

KC, nice Diesel 10 tanker...with PW engine, ex JAL, cool..

How did you get through the double fence shot??

How did you get through the double fence shot??

Poke and stick it on the fence @ emergency exits? Front element filter adviced.

:shok: VT-JAR has change rego... may i know why it park at pax terminal,

when it left Subang, call-sign was JetAirways 2009....hhmmm...

Due to the ongoing renovation works at Terminal 1, gates C11 and D30 are closed. In addition, Gates C13 and D32 (where the China Postal was parked) are used as remote stands instead for aircraft parking but not to embark and disembark passengers. It was really a huge stroke of luck that the China Postal was parked at D32 as the 2 gates are usually used for parking day and nightstoppers like KLM and Jetstar International.

Some more shots from SIN . . . beginning with an Asiana B737-400 which departed Changi on Sunday (15 Mar) morning for Seletar Airport where it headed for maintenance work by ST Aerospace.

mw-HL7510-2009-03-15-06Cr-oc-ROS.jpg

Also caught the little Tiger cub 9V-TRB landing on Sunday.

mw-9V-TRB-2009-03-15-01Cr-LDS.jpg

18 March was simply great for a variety of reasons, beginning with a brilliant sun from dawn to dusk. And while an Iran Air jumbo might have been a regular at KLIA, it is for us a rare treat. EP-IAM has been chartered to bring a load of Iranian tourists to Singapore.

mw-EP-IAM-2009-03-18-07Br-APS.jpg

Just before sundown, Air Canada's final A340-300 is seen landing after a very very long flight from Montreal and Anchorage . . . it will be re-painted by SIA Engineering Company (wonder who's livery it will carry henceforth . . . Iberia maybe?).

mw-C-GDVZ-2009-03-18-01Cr-APS.jpg

Cathay Pacific Cargo's newest B744F arrived in great light . . . seems like CX Cargo has abandoned its experiment with the natural-metal finish on its freighters.

mw-B-LIE-2009-03-18-03Cr-APS.jpg

SIA's A330-300s continue to ply the SIN-KUL and SIN-CGK routes prior to launching flights to Brisbane on 30 March 2009.

mw-9V-STA-2009-03-18-14Cr-TOS.jpg

One of few instances I manage to get Cebu Pacific's A320 . . .

mw-RP-C3245-2009-03-18-01Cr-LDS.jpg

And two biz-jets . . . a very busy VH-PFS which along with sister-ship VH-PFA seems to be extremely busy with short-haul charters in recent months.

mw-VH-PFS-2009-03-18-01Cr-TOS.jpg

. . . B-LUX, one of a growing number of Chinese-registered biz-jets.

mw-B-LUX-2009-03-18-01Cr-APS.jpg

KC Sim

The prospect of getting Qantas' B744 in oneworld livery became brighter when the sun came out late in the afternoon . . . but a change in the landing direction 23 minutes before its landing made it more challenging. I ran like a mad dog, plunged into a taxi and got to Changi Beach with barely two minutes to spare. It was worth it . . . I think the Qantas B744 is one of the nicest oneworld aircraft.

mw-VH-OEB-2009-03-19-07Cr-oneworld-.jpg

Not to outdone, Japan Airlines also brought in her B767-300ER in oneworld livery today . . . squeezing it in just as the final rays of the sun shone today.

mw-JA604J-2009-03-19-04Cr-oneworld-.jpg

Now it leaves Cathay Pacific to bring in her version for us . . . and BA to bring in red-nose G-CIVC. I read also that Finnair is considering returning to SIN and also the possibility of flying to KUL. So there is hope yet for both KUL and SIN to get this Nordic beauty.

KC Sim

Just before sundown, Air Canada's final A340-300 is seen landing after a very very long flight from Montreal and Anchorage . . . it will be re-painted by SIA Engineering Company (wonder who's livery it will carry henceforth . . . Iberia maybe?).

mw-C-GDVZ-2009-03-18-01Cr-APS.jpg

Could be AirAsia X's.....

Yet another Alitalia B777-200 arrives at SIN for maintenance by SIA Engineering Company . . . I-DISB landed at 1018hrs today after flying non-stop from Rome-Fiumicino.

mw-I-DISB-2009-03-23-02Cr-APS.jpg

ANA sent her Panda B767-300ER but it landed on 02C . . . otherwise nothing special for the day.

KC Sim

Nice catch of those OneWorld planes. Real plane spotter chasing after plane. :clapping: :good:

OneWorld livery in B744 to me is the best among others. :drinks: