MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
KC Sim

Singapore Changi Airport Spotting

18 JAN 09 - TTT's karma was fully depleted. Zilch, nothing left.

SQ317 operated by 9V-SKF for you nose lovers.

9vskf-nose-web.jpg

QF32 operated by VH-OQC on her inaug LHR-SIN-SYD route.

vhoqc-web.jpg

QR6368 operated by A7-BAA on a cargo flight DOH-SIN.

a7baa-web.jpg

AX operating VT-AXT with new tail livery that blends so nicely with the sky.

vtaxt-web.jpg

And finally, our Roos parked at D32 with Thai A346 HS-TNA.

roos-web.jpg

Thanks a lot for sharing, guys !!! :drinks:

Nice shot of the VN A332 - never seen it myself as yet (despite the many trips to SGN; probably based at HAN ?)

I-DISE arrived for SASCO maintenance; they, sure, have a lot of customers :pardon:

Lucky you to see the RAAF CL-604 !!!

China Postal a rare visitor or regular one for SIN ? :huh:

Great angle of the QF inaugural and QR 'cargo' triple-7 :good:

Love the AN-32 shot (and can imagine the roar of the AI-20's)... :pardon:

Tsentsan, cheers for the nose of foxtrot. Damn nice!

KC, wow! Now I know the gravity gear extension. Yup, it looks ugly by doing that......

Pieter: The China Postal Airlines B737-45R is the airline's first B737-400 (it now operates the -300 model) and this obviously is yet another aircraft that Jet Airways is shedding from its fleet. The Vietnam Airlines A330-200 was in SIN for maintenance at SIA Engineering Company.

Must say that the MRO business at Changi is bringing us quite a few lovely subjects of late - VN A332, Dubai Air Wing B744 Combi, AirAsia X A330-300, Lufthansa A332, Alitalia B772 etc.

Today (18 Jan 2009) is one of those days when everybody's karma bank account go into overdraft. The day dawned bright, clear, windy and cool. And the planes that came were absolutely the most desirable . . . the absolute star of the day is Qantas A380 returning from its maiden foray on the Kangaroo Route. Here, it is seen on its final approach . . .

mw-VH-OQC-2009-01-18-03Cr-LHR-SIN-I.jpg

After a somewhat lengthy stopover, it finally climbed out rather sedately for its final leg to Sydney.

mw-VH-OQC-2009-01-18-22Cr-SIN-SYD-I.jpg

Sharing the day's limelight is the B777-300ER of Qatar Airways . . . months ahead of the airline's intention to place it on the Doha-Singapore-Jakarta route. And for all the "love" we showered on it, it was here on a cargo run.

mw-A7-BAA-2009-01-18-03Cr-APS.jpg

And while we went chasing the stars today, we found a local one that came with a twinkle . . . SIA's A340-500 departing on its non-stop leap to Newark.

mw-9V-SGB-2009-01-18-01Cr-TOS-OhBli.jpg

Perhaps better appreciated minus the twinkle.

mw-9V-SGB-2009-01-18-08Cr-TOS.jpg

Guess no day is complete without the biz-jet . . . and today's duty for that falls on VP-BJJ.

mw-VP-BJJ-2009-01-18-03Cr-APP.jpg

Jetstar's Go Roos A320 was today parked opposite its usual hang-out . . . and afforded us a better chance to photograph it properly.

mw-VH-VQH-2009-01-18-01Cr-GoRoos-RM.jpg

TNT Airways' (callsign "Quality") B747-400ERF is another subject we diligently pursue week after week, and so far, the orange-nosed kumquat plane continues to elude us. Instead, the one in Emirates Skycargo livery comes in its place. We still appreciate its beauty . . . but the pursuit continues.

mw-OO-THD-2009-01-18-02Cr-EKcargo-A.jpg

Air India Express just has to be the darling of all aviation photographers . . . for the opportunities it offers with its tail colours. Here, it flaunts a bird (is that a stork or a heron?).

mw-VT-AXT-2009-01-18-01Cr-Heron-APS.jpg

I will be away in Europe for a week . . . and so take this opportunity to wish all who celebrate the lunar new year a very bullish Year of the Ox. May it tramples on all the negative vibes that 2008 left us and bring you a better year.

KC Sim

I will be away in Europe for a week . . . and so take this opportunity to wish all who celebrate the lunar new year a very bullish Year of the Ox. May it tramples on all the negative vibes that 2008 left us and bring you a better year.

KC Sim

Hope the new year will be successful to all of us, spotters and photograhers alike !!!

Looking forward to seeing your Schiphol pictures here, once back in SIN :pardon:

Mega Upsize by China Eastern to a A346 yesterday afternoon (23/1/09). Still patiently waiting to photograph World Expo 2010 in the same excellent afternoon light :drinks:

B-6053_MW.jpg

This BBJ is painted in what looks like a grayscale version of the Boeing Dreamliner livery! I think it wouldn't make much of a difference if I had shot it in Black/White mode instead. :)

VP-BBW_MW.jpg

Looking classy is this Bombardier Global Express D-ADNB belonging to DaimlerChysler Aviation on a positioning flight from Seletar Airport.

D-ADNB_MW.jpg

Operating TOM955 from Perth this afternoon was this G-OOBE, B757-200. It has First Choice Airways titles but operated under the ThomsonFly Group and has Starquest Expeditions titles!

G-OOBE_MW.jpg

After a very long period of time, SQ decided to finally paint a second B744 in the awesome new colours featuring the huge titles and tail logo last month. 9V-SMU is currently the oldest B744 in SQ's fleet and is also the 1000th B747 to be built.

9V-SMU_MW.jpg

Edited by Hoe Jyh

Operating TOM955 from Perth this afternoon was this G-OOBE, B757-200. It has First Choice Airways titles but operated under the ThomsonFly Group and has Starquest Expeditions titles!

After a very long period of time, SQ decided to finally paint a second B744 in the awesome new colours featuring the huge titles and tail logo last month. 9V-SMU is currently the oldest B744 in SQ's fleet and is also the 1000th B747 to be built.

Beautiful shots there HJ! Glad you managed to catch the TOM :-)

Here are some additional shots from these past few days of absolute heaven.

17 JAN

GA 73H PK-GEF

pkgef-17jan-web.jpg

CX A333 B-HLU

bhlu-17jan-web.jpg

SQ B772 9V-SQI in Hybrid livery

9vsqi-17jan-web.jpg

18 JAN

QF A380 VH-OQC

vhoqc-18jan-web2.jpg

SQ A345 9V-SGB

9vsgb-18jan-web.jpg

SQC B744F 9V-SFM

9vsfm-18jan-web.jpg

MU A332 B-6122

b6122-18jan-web.jpg

TNT B744F OO-THD in EK SkyCargo Livery

oothd-18jan-web.jpg

19 JAN

SQ B773 9V-SYE Star Alliance

9vsye-19jan-web.jpg

23 JAN

SQ A380 9V-SKB

9vskb-23jan-web.jpg

Batam Logistics AN26 RP-C2639

rpc2639-23jan-web.jpg

QF B744 VH-OJL

vhojl-23jan-web.jpg

Edited by tsentsan

Thanks a lot for sharing these fine shots, Tsentsan !!! :good:

Wonder, why the Antonov is Filipino registered, and not Indonesian :pardon:

Just got back from a very fruitful spotting session in KLIA. So that wasn't enough I had to head to Changi Business Park on 27 January...

P1020708.jpg

P1020711.jpg

P1020712.jpg

P1020714.jpg

P1020717.jpg

P1020718.jpg

P1020721.jpg

P1020725.jpg

P1020730.jpg

P1020728.jpg

P1020734.jpg

P1020735.jpg

P1020741.jpg

P1020747.jpg

P1020752.jpg

P1020757.jpg

PHEW... Ok Spotting high is over. Now back to normal life.....

Some from 27th Jan.

VH-PFA came in from dont know where.

vhpfa-web.jpg

JA617A came into view... for once, ATC was cooperative :)

ja617a-web.jpg

BA 777 G-YMMP

gymmp-web.jpg

LH 744 D-ABVO

dbavo-web.jpg

Edited by tsentsan

Just got back from a very fruitful spotting session in KLIA. So that wasn't enough I had to head to Changi Business Park on 27 January...

PHEW... Ok Spotting high is over. Now back to normal life.....

You receive my award for most improved 'spotting' shots.... :)

Just to add on to Ryan's pictures from the 27th:

ss35-1.jpg

9V-SKC SQ 321 from London-Heathrow

IMG_0024-1.jpg

9V-SKD SQ 637

hhs06-1.jpg

9V-SRN

IMG_0090-1.jpg

9V-SYJ

IMG_0081-1.jpg

VH-OJU from London Heathrow as QF 10.

IMG_0087-1.jpg

VH-PFA

OMG... were you the one driving the Ford?

Hahah. Nope! I was standing in the grass patch to your left. :rolleyes:

Edited by BC Ng