MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
KC Sim

Singapore Changi Airport Spotting

Wow Kianhong, what a bunch of nice photos. :clapping:

No QR0008 (A310) arrival shot ?

Her departure was delayed until around 1030 in KUL :angry:

I reached Changi Beach only around 12pm to catch Amiri 1. Didn't see Amiri 8 at all. :huh:

I am indeed very happy with today's 'catches'. :D

I reached Changi Beach only around 12pm to catch Amiri 1. Didn't see Amiri 8 at all. :huh:

I am indeed very happy with today's 'catches'. :D

You're really really lucky for all your catch!

Hope the luck will prolong~~~

Cheers! :drinks:

You're really really lucky for all your catch!

Hope the luck will prolong~~~

Thanks! Nice to meet you at the beach.

Set!!! Tomorrow, Dreaming. Day after, One World. :lol:

Kianhong,

2 QR and 2 'Star Alliance' livery aircraft,that was awesome! :clapping:

About the RPX you've asked;yes it is.The ill-fated PK-RPX was RPX bird,before being leased by Gading Sari Aviation.

Hope it helps.

Those PW JT8D engines are rather noisy on take off. Surprising that they can still operate out of SIN!

Hi Mwingers in Singapore, i've plan a spotting trip on 1st and 2nd June. Anybody there can guide me the best place to spot or would like to join? Thanks.

Current prevailing wind is from the south west, so runway 20 will be in use most of the time. But there are instances where they change active runway to 02 due sudden change of wind directions.

Best bet at the moment is Changi Beach which good for morning n afternoon rwy 20 approaches. The place can be reached by bus or taxi.

Hi Mwingers in Singapore, i've plan a spotting trip on 1st and 2nd June. Anybody there can guide me the best place to spot or would like to join? Thanks.

Dont forget the T1 viewing mall where you can watch, photograph planes and learn about construction at the same time in aircon comfort. Great esp in the evenings and if u r a roo lover. Oso if u like the Union Jack or the colour blue. Welcome to Singapore.

Edited by fablee

The first Qantas B744 in revised livery & One World - VH-OEB (Philip Island)

VH-OEB_WSSS_220509.jpg

Simon, pray very hard for good light and I bet some specials will cross your path one way or another. Have fun!

cheers

1 question kianhong, where about is Changi beach :p

Go Google Earth, type Changi Village. It's that stretch of beach right under the 20R approach. Bus no 9, 19 and 89 go pass that road (Nicol Drive) or you can take bus 2, 29, 59 and 109 to Changi Village bus interchange and walk to the beach. Exercise caution when shooting there, don't take photos of the Jetty facility or shoot near the perimeter fence. Of course, don't use ur scanner out in the open if you have one. Other than that, pray for good weather and have fun!

http://www.sbstransit.com.sg/iris/iris_map.aspx

Go Google Earth, type Changi Village. It's that stretch of beach right under the 20R approach. Bus no 9, 19 and 89 go pass that road (Nicol Drive) or you can take bus 2, 29, 59 and 109 to Changi Village bus interchange and walk to the beach. Exercise caution when shooting there, don't take photos of the Jetty facility or shoot near the perimeter fence. Of course, don't use ur scanner out in the open if you have one. Other than that, pray for good weather and have fun!

Thank you, thank you :drinks:

don't take photos of the Jetty facility or shoot near the perimeter fence.

Kian Hong, you learn very fast.

Simon, thought I would introduce Changi Beach to you with this video of a 20R approach

20R approach

Changi Beach is the first terra firma you see in the video.

where will you be staying in SIN?

Edited by fablee

Kian Hong, you learn very fast.

Simon, thought I would introduce Changi Beach to you with this video of a 20R approach

20R approach

Changi Beach is the first terra firma you see in the video.

where will you be staying in SIN?

Fablee, thanks for the link for the video. Unfortunately the connection here is real bad and i can't view it now.

I'll be driving and putting a night on 1st of June.

Edited by Simon

BA 'One World' G-CIVP operated as Speedbird 11 from LHR. Sun was about to show face when Speedbird passed my lens, it was raining cats n dogs just hours before her ETA.

G-CIVP_WSSS_230509.jpg

9V-STF from Adelaide.

9V-STF_WSSS_230509.jpg

Baby SilkAir. Cute! ;)

9V-SBF_WSSS_230509.jpg

Rather surprised to see SQL in T1.

9V-SQL_WSSS_230509.jpg

Thanks for viewing. Cheers. :)

nice shots mate! SIAEC like to park a/c at T1 sometimes beneath the D30-40 gates (north east contact pier) is where their offices, tool depot etc etc are kept :) Easy access overnight for whatever item they're servicing.

I believe the livery is not completed yet. The front is supposed to be an NFL helmet I'm quite sure.