MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
KC Sim

Singapore Changi Airport Spotting

Asiana B772ER in new colours returning from a test flight with all the landing gear bay doors open and ram air turbine deployed.

HL7596_MW.jpg

A somewhat elusive subject to catch at Changi as she only operates once a week. It is fortunate that she was delayed a fair bit today and was allocated a gate in the central apron.

S7-ILF_MW.jpg

Just dig out a pic from my trip to Singapore on 18th Dec'08. I climbed up a tree at Changi business park to capture this A380.

DSC_39553.jpg

Fuyoh. Dun climb too high or else fall from tree. Take a ladder from someone oso can :p muahaha JKJK...

A380 kena catched by bro Simon. I catch Shenzhen Airlines 2day too. Muahaha

Just dig out a pic from my trip to Singapore on 18th Dec'08. I climbed up a tree at Changi business park to capture this A380.

Wah, hardcore spotting there, mate!

Although most of Turkish Airlines' 4xweekly flights from Istanbul are operated by B777-300ERs, we could still expect a flight or two to switch to A340-300 . . . and last Monday, the Star Alliance aircraft was sent.

mw-TC-JDL-2009-02-09-02Cr-StarAllia.jpg

Today was a good day, for catching all the latest 9V-registered aircraft, beginning with 9V-STA which is doing training flights to KUL for the final day. Tomorrow, it begins commercial flights to CGK and KUL.

mw-9V-STA-2009-02-15-05Cr-APS-strob.jpg

Also caught today was 9V-SWT, the latest and final B77W for SIA and also the 77th B777 for SIA.

mw-9V-SWT-2009-02-15-01Cr-APS.jpg

Another elusive newcomer 9V aircraft is Tiger Airways' first A319 . . . finally got her coming home.

mw-9V-TRA-2009-02-15-04Cr-APS.jpg

We ended the day on a high note with Jetstar Airways' Go Roos Airbus A320.

mw-VH-VQH-2009-02-15-05Cr-GoRoos-AP.jpg

KC Sim

Nice shots KC :)

Do you have any info which route the TR A319 will be fly? hopefully that they will fly to KCH soon! :D

9V-TRA actually operated TR457 from Kuala Lumpur!!!

KC Sim

Once again, the blue skies and bright sunshine returned. And with it came some nice planes too.

As mentioned earlier by Tsen Tsan, 9V-STB was delivered today

mw-9V-STB-2009-02-18-01Cr-DeliveryF.jpg

Also providing joy for me were a couple of freighters . . . beginning with a homegrown specimen in the form of an SIA Cargo B744F in new colours.

mw-9V-SFA-2009-02-18-01Cr-APP.jpg

Cathay Pacific Cargo sent its B744F B-HUO - gleaming in the sun.

mw-B-HUO-2009-02-18-01Cr-APP-strobe.jpg

When Suvarnabhumi Airport was closed last year, Cardiq Air's B733F was chartered to bring stranded cargo to Singapore. I never succeeded in photographing it then, and was therefore pleasantly surprised when it turned up again today.

mw-PK-BBB-2009-02-18-01Cr-APP.jpg

Earlier in the afternoon, a regular subject - Xiamen Airlines B737-800 - arrived. It obviously had a nose-job recently.

mw-B-5302-2009-02-18-01Cr-APP.jpg

Another unexpected visitor was this Airbus A319 of Mandala Airlines.

mw-PK-RMD-2009-02-18-04Cr-APP.jpg

It remains to be seen whether 9V-STB too will go on training flights to KUL . . . I hope so.

KC Sim

K C,

Some interesting Indonesian 'visitors' there; Mandala is a regular now @ Changi, or was it a charter ?

Pieter: The Mandala A319 is here in Singapore for maintenance by SIA Engineering Company. How I wish it is a regular visitor. They have very clearly maintained the former 8-spoke Buddhist wheel logo but soften it into a lotus. And I just love the choice of colours too.

Simon: Indeed the nose is funny. Clearly shows the transition from its original cheatline (which is straight from nose to tail). At one point, its cheatline was bent ever so slightly as it approaches the nose and finally it was bent a fair bit more - which is what this aircraft shows. But during maintenance when the switch the nose cone from an aircraft featuring the original markings, the nose-job is exposed.

KC Sim

Just wonder if the Cardiq Air's B733F is the one currently starts the scheduled, but always cancelled cargo flight to HKG from Singapore/ Jakarta? Is that their only carriers?

Hi Sneeze,

it could just be . . . like you said, it appears on the board (mostly around midnight SIN time) but disappear without arriving. During the closure of Suvarnabhumi Airport, it made a few appearances on charters by EGL Bangkok . . . but many of these charters similarly disappeared without trace.

Today brought two highly sought-after subjects . . . beginning in the afternoon with the arrival of the Omega Tanker DC-10-30. It arrived from Darwin as "Omega One Zero" and we had a hard time getting it in between those billowy clouds over Changi.

mw-N974VV-2009-02-19-03Cr-OmegaTank.jpg

Thankfully when Qantas' B744 VH-OEB arrived wearing QF's new colours, it was blue skies all the way and we had a much more pleasant run of shots. I must add that I do like the way this new livery sits on the B744.

mw-VH-OEB-2009-02-19-02Cr-APP.jpg

BTW, Qantas' A380 VH-OQA has been grounded in SIN for the last three days . . . no idea what the nature of the technical issue is. You would have thought that the necessary spares are right here in SIN - except that they belong to QF's keenest rival.

KC Sim

After not so great weather in VHHH, arrived WSSS in sunny skies yesterday.... and headed straight to CBP! Heres some to the highlights in last 30 hours...

Alpha

IMG_7001.jpg

Bravo

IMG_5633.jpg

Charlie

IMG_5808.jpg

Delta

IMG_5607.jpg

Echo

IMG_6739.jpg

Foxtrot finished the set this evening!

IMG_7173.jpg