MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
KC Sim

Singapore Changi Airport Spotting

28/12/08

OQC9546forum.jpg

Thought I would share another angle of Paulie, Paul Mc Ginness (VH-OQC), as she descends towards the trees and 02L on her delivery flight (QF6022) from Toulouse to Sydney via SIN.

Edited by fablee

Today (30 Dec 2008), Turkish Airlines began deployment of its B777-300ER (wet-leased from Jet Airways) on the 5xweekly Istanbul-Singapore route. Other routes getting this aircraft include Hong Kong and London-Heathrow. It carries Indian registration (VT-JED), the Indian flag and small "Operated by Jet Airways" sticker.

The usual challenges were experienced - last-minute runway direction change, clouds etc but here's a short for posterity and for the record. Hopefully we will get it in much better light on 1 Jan 2009 ring in the New Year with a roast turkey.

mw-VT-JED-2008-12-30-01Cr-Turkish-A.jpg

KC Sim

Lately, Hoe Jyh seems to be on a roll insofar as strobes and anti-collision lights are concerned . . . I swear I could see the twinkle in his eyes whenever he catches these. Can pass over some of your techniques? :good:

Tsen Tsan : Your shot is even brighter than mine . . . I fail to see where Canon copes better. Shall we exchange camera?

Anyhow, it was great fun chasing this long Turkish pencil . . . thankfully it did not come on Christmas Day. We would have christened it the Christmas turkey. And thanks once again for the timely "rescue" when the runway direction was reversed.

KC Sim

Since the T7W is wet leased from 9W, does this mean that 9W's cabin crew don TK's uniform on these flights? Or does this particular wet lease arrangement only include tech crew while TK uses their own cabin crew? How long will this lease last?

Cannot confirm for sure but it seems the pilots are from Jet Airways and the cabin attendants are from Turkish Airlines . . . this wet lease arrangement is for six months but the aircraft lease will continue for a period of two years.

During this six months, it must mean that TK's own pilots are converted . . . perhaps TK does have plan for her own B777 fleet in the future.

KC Sim

Cannot confirm for sure but it seems the pilots are from Jet Airways and the cabin attendants are from Turkish Airlines . . . this wet lease arrangement is for six months but the aircraft lease will continue for a period of two years.

During this six months, it must mean that TK's own pilots are converted . . . perhaps TK does have plan for her own B777 fleet in the future.

KC Sim

Thanks KC for the clarification, have always been a big fan of your photos here and elsewhere. Happy New Year!

Ryan, thanks for showing some interior shots of the hotel. :drinks:

So far, anyone stayed on the higher floors ? What are the rooms that can use for plane spotting ? :pardon:

Report from my friend who got service journey to do a business @ SIN in early DEC'08.

as from his room on higher level.

A380 Parked in his Garage

ZZ13.jpg

with rwy action from his windows

ZZ12.jpg

ZZ11.jpg

Edited by Prompong J.

Report from my friend who got service journey to do a business @ SIN in early DEC'08.

as from his room on higher level.

with rwy action from his windows

Happy new year 2009 Prompong J ! :drinks:

Thanks for showing those photos from the hotel. :clapping:

Nice spot I would say but come at a price. :pardon:

With air cargo demand softening worldwide and especially in the Asia Pacific region, Cathay Pacific Cargo has parked several freighters in the US and is seeking deferment of deliveries of B744ERFs from Boeing in 2009. Thankfully, we still get its B747 freighters (B742Fs, B744Fs and the occasional B744Fs) coming to SIN.

mw-B-HUK-2009-01-09-01Cr-APP.jpg

Jetstar Airways operates an A320 into SIN from PER, arriving in the pre-dawn hours but remain on the ground until the late afternoon before returning to PER. For now, A320 VH-VQH with "GO ROOS" special markings is doing the rounds on this route.

mw-VH-VQH-2009-01-09-01Cr-GoRoos-RM.jpg

And one for Azahan . . . a nosey shot of Turkish Airlines' B777-300ER.

mw-VT-JED-2009-01-09-01Cr-TurkishAL.jpg

KC Sim

Wow nice one there KC, love the Rooos!!! here's some of mine to add.. while waiting for my tiger flight back to Kuching...

Taken while boarding

1024DSC_6704.jpg

Shot from the dirty windows <_>

1024DSC_6717.jpg

Company a/c landing

1024DSC_6721.jpg

While lining up, SQ T7 taxiing to holding point..

1024DSC_6725.jpg

Cheers :drinks:

p/s Does it say 'operated by Jet Airways for Turkish Airlines' on the nose?

Yes it does say that. Two B773ERs are currently flying for TK with these markings and I understand that a third aircraft is to join them.

But what is interesting is that further down the road, these three will be replaced by another three that will be purchased by TK from Jet Airways and delivered direct from Boeing's factory. They probably will not have the Indian flag and registration and probably also devoid of the "Operated by Jet Airways for Turkish Airlines" sticker.

KC

This is a re-upload of images taken on 14 Jan 2009 that were lost during the switch of server for this website.

The day began with a Royal Australian Air Force flight from Darwin. We were particularly excited about it as advance news from Down Under pointed to an Omni Air DC-10 operating the flight. And we were somewhat disappointed when something on the other end of the scale arrived - a Challenger 604!

mw-A37-003-2009-01-14-01Cr-RAAF--1.jpg

A couple of biz-jets came along too . . . Australia's business jet scene is extremely vibrant and so one of theirs, a Learjet 60XR VH-THG belonging to Execujet Australia came first . . .

mw-VH-THG-2009-01-14-01Cr-Learjet60.jpg

. . . followed by N388AC, a Gulfstream G550 from AC TRavel LLC.

mw-N388AC-2009-01-14-02Cr-APP.jpg

AirAsia continues to cheer us with its steady stream of special liveried A320s . . . and today's honour fell on the plane celebrating Visit Malaysia Year 2007 and Malaysia's 50 years of nationhood. Now I finally have the port-side view of this plane.

mw-9M-AFQ-2009-01-14-04Cr-VisitM-1.jpg

Singapore Airlines B777-312 9V-SYC went on an airtest and returned with all its landing gear doors open . . . it looks rather untidy doing this.

mw-9V-SYC-2009-01-14-01Cr-APP-Ge-1.jpg

Shanghai Airlines Cargo's B757-200F is a daily visitor . . . hope someday this grows into an MD-11F. But for now, I am glad to get it in nice afternoon sun, thanks to a delay of several hours.

mw-B-2809-2009-01-14-05Cr-APP-1.jpg

Another freighter is Cathay Pacific Cargo's B747-200F B-HVX which came in from Penang.

mw-B-HVX-2009-01-14-02Cr-APP-1.jpg

The first surprise of the afternoon came in the form of a Vietnam Airlines A330-200 . . . a true marriage between a great livery and a gorgeous plane.

mw-VN-A369-2009-01-14-06Cr-A332-APP.jpg

And the final surprise - and the best - is this B737-45R in the EMS livery with China Postal Airlines title. This is possibly the airline's first B737-400 which still carries its Indian registration (VT-JBA) and flag. Yet another member of the Jet Airways fleet going to foster homes abroad.

mw-VT-JBA-2009-01-14-04Br-ChinaPost.jpg

KC Sim

Singapore Airlines B777-312 9V-SYC went on an airtest and returned with all its landing gear doors open . . . it looks rather untidy doing this.

KC Sim

Gravity gear extension ... Very rare to get this kind of shot ....

Re-post from the .com server due to server migration

Air Asia Bank Rakyat :wub:

9M-AHQ_MW.jpg

China Eastern seemed to be upsizing the afternoon flight from the regular A300-600R, possibly to cope with the home bound CNY demand.

B-2382_MW.jpg

Atlas Air B742SF arriving from Tokyo-Yokota

N594MC_MW.jpg

Was extremely delighted to be able to finally photograph the An-32 operated by Airmark Aviation. Check out those huge 3760kW Ivchenko Progress engines!

EW-262TK_MW.jpg

Re-post from the .com server due to server migration

A very nice unexpected visitor last afternoon (16 Jan 09), I-DISE 'Portofino' B772 from Rome. Only regret is that the skies could be less gloomy!

I-DISE_MW.jpg

Air Asia X sent 9M-XAA as D7 2998 this afternoon on a maintenance flight to SASCO

9M-XAA_MW.jpg

Meanwhile A6-COM also went out for a short test flight and returned in gorgeous evening light!

A6-COM_MW.jpg