MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Tamizi Hj Tamby

Suprises at KCH skies!

hehe..will go again, but hope weather improves before 31st.. :pardon:

I think the VIPs coming tomorrow.

hehe..will go again, but hope weather improves before 31st.. :pardon:

I think the VIPs coming tomorrow.

Woohooo.. go get those VIps... hope the Sultan of Brunei come in his A340.. hehe..

Excuse my ignorance, guys, but is the base featured for the Merdeka-day different each year, as last year I remember seeing pictures of Subang...

Now Kuching...next year Labuan ??? (would be great :good: )

How is this arranged and where is it published ? :huh:

Excuse my ignorance, guys, but is the base featured for the Merdeka-day different each year, as last year I remember seeing pictures of Subang...

Now Kuching...next year Labuan ??? (would be great :good: )

How is this arranged and where is it published ? :huh:

Uncle Pieter,

I think it depends on which state get the honour of hosting the national-level National Day celebrations. Last year they held it at Putrajaya(?)

So whichever state host it next year, a flypast is guaranteed :good:

Nick... nice :good:

Feeder ZeroWan should be tanker for mid-air refuelling...

If not mistaken they did a demo of mid-air refuelling few years back

during Merdeka Celebration parade... ie fly past with 2 F/18's

getting feed from the Big Momma :clapping:

Hope the haze will disappear to let KCH folks to enjoy the mid-air feeding :drinks:

You guys in Kuching lucky got RMAF base at KCH. The last time KK hosted the celebrations, I recall the screamers flew in from Labuan base, did a few tricks, then buzzed back to the island. Mana cukup kick ! (translation for Pieter : I was underdosed !) :D

BTW, you guys are getting the haze bad ! Are the face masks being snapped up yet ?

Edited by BC Tam

Uncle Pieter,

I think it depends on which state get the honour of hosting the national-level National Day celebrations. Last year they held it at Putrajaya(?)

So whichever state host it next year, a flypast is guaranteed :good:

I don't have hard facts, but I think that's definitely true. Flying them from a further base will mean burning more $$$ (fuel). :pardon:

Nice shots NIck, looks at the crowd from both ends.............spectacular!!!! :drinks:

Hope to see the formation during the Merdeka day, heard it will be in Kuching!!! :yahoo:

Hehe.. those are all Sundays shot, nope no hawks and migos.. just F/A 18.. There were 4 on active, but left to 3 on Monday and Tuesday(today).. Today was hazy... I think they cancelled the fly past.. not sure about it.. I am so far away from the Merdeka Palace.. Maybe Jacky can tell hehe..

Jacky.. I took those shots at Kchlah hehe.. Runwei 07 departure is a killer for your ears at least... Go snap some pix for us at your work place can?? :D

Bomba heli in kch? Nope.. didnt see em.. It would be nice if all the planes participate.. Police air unit... RMAF... BOMBA... MAS, AirAsia, Fax.. whoaa.. damn nice.. but too bad haha.. :nea:

Really have to pray hard that its not going to be hazy tomorrow and Merdeka day itself .. :drinks:

Tamizi... dont forget camera next time ok... share some up here...

bahh i dun hav cam ,........ plus i hav to work.... cant go there although its close... :(

ya those jets oni can heard them but nvr see them on skies ........ <_ too high mayb or fast.... hazzy src="%7B___base_url___%7D/uploads/emoticons/default_blum.gif" alt=":p">

btw :blink: i also wan go airport see them take off lahh !!!! normally where are those F18 from ??? kch got base meh ?? :pardon:

Jacky.. go Airport by 8am.. then stay on for the take offs..

No migs in Kuching... not participating..

About mid air refueling.. I dunno whether thats doneable as the airspace is quite tight at that flight level

Haze??? Its still around.. darn... even after doing cloud seeding the night before and even after heavy downfall the whole day today.. I dunno what will make these haze go!!??

As for VIPs aircraft.. I only manage to see the BBJ drop of our King/Agong/? and it left back for Subang for another sortie??? (Sounds like a bus trip haha)

No Sultan of Brunei aircraft seen .. and also today they are no fly pass practice.. I wonder now whether they are fully armed and kicking for tomorrows event... Lets just hope for the best tomorrow.. HAPPY 49th MERDEKA

wat time hav airshow today ?? seems like nth happen today

THEY BLOODY CANCELLED THE FLY PASSS s#1t!!!!!!

SORRY, DONT BLAME ME FOR NO COVERAGE.. BLAME THE COORDINATOR.. WEATHER WAS FINE YET NO FLY PASSS :angry:

yeah :S ..... today hav the best weather..... but not even a fokker fly pass my place :S ...... what the..... b4 mentega day kch skies look like having a war.... but today......... :( kosong aja

THEY BLOODY CANCELLED THE FLY PASSS s#1t!!!!!!

SORRY, DONT BLAME ME FOR NO COVERAGE.. BLAME THE COORDINATOR.. WEATHER WAS FINE YET NO FLY PASSS :angry:

what a waste....

Guest Fendy

IPB Image

LOVE this shot, i actually think the haze ads to the effect and impact of the shot.... too bad about the people and the fence though.

I recall someone told me,

when visibility reduce to a few hundred meters, then a formation flight is prohibited...

No matter how sofisticated your onboard systems are...

I recall someone told me,

when visibility reduce to a few hundred meters, then a formation flight is prohibited...

No matter how sofisticated your onboard systems are...

And I also recalled the visibility was way beyond a few hundred metres.. it was like 5km or more visibility.. the fog was just during the Nuri flypass, when they returned.. it was alot lot better.. but anyway.. they went back already.. and I just dont care now <_>

Iggy and Nick,

Good coverage, i know...its frustrating..weather was BAD, no MIGS but i see better Chopper flying this year...last year, the MiGs and Hornets was super in SZB....we'll do for 2007 then :D

Yo guys, you all know what? RMAF F-18 A/D cannot go for war or dogfight as they are not equiped with any ammos, they only get the aircraft but without ammo, currently one grounded in kch rmaf hangar due to no spare, US government doesn't allow boeing to supply malaysia the F-18 spares, so, currently they only use for patrol...

From what I heard, it's the 'source code' for weapons release that was witheld by the US when they sold RMAF the F/A-18Ds.

Without the codes, you can still arm our Hornets with any missiles or bombs but they can never leave the rails...

How true this is, I don't know... sounds like someone from our ministry of defence forgot to read the contract document for the purchase...