MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sneeze Lam

A Hazy day in HKG

Affected by the tropical Storm heading to Taiwan, the past two days, Hong Kong was greatly surrounded by the heavy hazy. Not because of the coming of EVA's B773ER, I don't I think I will heading to the airport. <_>

I arrived the airport at 12:00. However, I don't know I should say I have got the luck or bad luck. I have met 3 speical mates coming to HKG. They are as shown below. :angry:

Finally I leave at once after the B773ER pass in front of my lens, which was 12:45. I can't breath there. :(

The first one to meet is another Silver Bullet of JAL, JA402J, my first time to meet it, but sadly that under such SH!T condition.

IPB Image

Fellowing JAL Cargo, it was one of the Nippon Cargo's newest B744F, JA01KZ.

IPB Image

Since the shy was filled by the haze, I don't even try to make any other shots except the EVA. I heard from my radio that there was a Dynasty 801 coming, before the apporach of the EVA, I was happy to know that, cause I know I can leave and back home very soon. However, suddenly, when I pointed my lens to focus the coming Dynasty, I just thought that was just a CI color A343, but I was wrong!!! When it came near to me, it was a MANDARINE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IPB Image

Fianlly, I got the EVA's, although it is not B-16703, I still feel happy to see it, since we don't have much change to get EVA's B773ER during daytime.

IPB Image

Just this 4 photos good enough to share with you all, :sorry: :sorry: :sorry:

Hope you all enjoy.

P.S. : photos were just uploaded to Photobucket, I think the loading time can be greatly improved.

seemz like the haze problem is more worst there at HKG, tried the ps trick? :rofl:

seemz like the haze problem is more worst there at HKG, tried the ps trick? :rofl:

Last weekend, we still got claer sky, just becase the tropical storm move near to Taiwan, therefore, we were seriously affected, since NO WIND!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :angry: :angry: :angry:

Yes, I have tried with the trick, so do you think it is nice?

However, I think it is in the quality of sharing but not A.net ;)

Bad haze but good catch! :clapping: :drinks:

Thanks Yuen.

When I was arrived there, the visibility was about 4000m, when I leave, it was 3500m :( :(

But in the evening, it changed to 9000m, what a shame. <_>

Visibility in SYD today: reduced to 4000m in showers. It's fog though, not haze.

When it is Hazy...Photo editing is a bit messy.

Need to do extra "levels" and "Contrast", if there is some Background like building is OK, but when it comes to Gray skies...I dont shoot after a couple of test shots!!

Well sneeze...you still have the effort to go spotting...we spotters live with it!! :)

When it is Hazy...Photo editing is a bit messy.

Need to do extra "levels" and "Contrast", if there is some Background like building is OK, but when it comes to Gray skies...I dont shoot after a couple of test shots!!

Well sneeze...you still have the effort to go spotting...we spotters live with it!! :)

Still young to be that bravo heading to such polluted air.

But I don't think years later. :(

Good catch Sneeze.... :good:

Haze or no haze... :clapping:

Thanks Uncle Norman, however, I prefer NO HAZE.

By the way, I would like to know how you guys set with your camera under haze/ fog. :)

P.S. : photos were just uploaded to Photobucket, I think the loading time can be greatly improved.

Good shots, Sneeze, but what a difference in visibility when I was there: no red-crab but crappy weather :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Anyhow, enjoyed them a lot, and like Norman said: haze or no haze - just share them with us ;)

Loading time excellent now: were all visible within 3 seconds overhere i.s.o. several minutes before !!!

Hazy day, but yet the pixs came out impressive!!!!!! :drinks:

Wah, so happy, internet down for 10 hours!!!! Now got to see planes pixs!!!!! :drinks:

The EVA 773ER - I believe is the 3rd to join EVA's fleet. Like its 2 sisters, it will fly short-haul for 2 months until Sept. before EVA signs-off the acceptance statement to Airbus. Once this is complete, it will be used for TPE-SFO or TPE-LAX routes.

Sneeze...this your chance to ride on EVA 773ER HKG-TPE, and thus an excuse to visit me in TPE for spotting?

The root cause of the haze is mostly due to coal-burning power station in China provinces. Typhoon Kaemi has just passed Tw on Tues. Extraordinary hot air just before typhoon's leading edge might have increased the haze effect.

The EVA 773ER - I believe is the 3rd to join EVA's fleet. Like its 2 sisters, it will fly short-haul for 2 months until Sept. before EVA signs-off the acceptance statement to Airbus

You mean to Boeing instead of Airbus right, Denny?

The root cause of the haze is mostly due to coal-burning power station in China provinces. Typhoon Kaemi has just passed Tw on Tues. Extraordinary hot air just before typhoon's leading edge might have increased the haze effect.

China should look into the amount of pollution they generate, every city in China is quite grey and hazy. Worst, it is sickening people!!!!

China should look into the amount of pollution they generate, every city in China is quite grey and hazy. Worst, it is sickening people!!!!

Well, if the industrial activities continues in China (or any part of the world for that matter), the polution is going to be there.

By the way, are the A343 of Mandarin Airlines ex-Singapore?

Hi Sneeze, hazy in HKG but those shots are still good for all of us here to enjoy.

Good shots, Sneeze, but what a difference in visibility when I was there: no red-crab but crappy weather :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Anyhow, enjoyed them a lot, and like Norman said: haze or no haze - just share them with us ;)

Loading time excellent now: were all visible within 3 seconds overhere i.s.o. several minutes before !!!

Yes, the day was good when you were here in HK.

Such kind of hazy day I was having for nearly the whole summer of 2005 :angry:

All because the typhoons.

Glad to know the loading speed is now greatly improved, hope you will more enjoy with my photos :lol: :lol:

Hazy day, but yet the pixs came out impressive!!!!!! :drinks:

Wah, so happy, internet down for 10 hours!!!! Now got to see planes pixs!!!!! :drinks:

Thanks Seth, that I can give you such a kind of happyness. :drinks:

Hey Sneeze take care of Urself and drink more water. Seen the haze more worst than here!! :drinks:

Yes, Andrew, when I know the Eva was not coming so soon, I was hiding inside the Passenger Building.

:yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:

The EVA 773ER - I believe is the 3rd to join EVA's fleet........................

Sneeze...this your chance to ride on EVA 773ER HKG-TPE, and thus an excuse to visit me in TPE for spotting?

Well, Denny I hope it was B-16703 not unfortunately, it was B-16702 :( But still nice, since it is not easy to catch this during day time.

Yes, I can get the chance to ride on Eva's B773ER, however I can only get on the night departure and back to HKG in the evening. I would like to visit you, however, $$$ is still in a very big concern, as I don't have any income (I think this reason may annoying you all).

Denny, from my observation, once the typhoon is heading and goes near to Tw, we will got such hazy day.

On the other hand, if the typhoon is near the Philippines, we here in HKG will only have HOTHOTHOT weather.

Well, if the industrial activities continues in China (or any part of the world for that matter), the polution is going to be there.

By the way, are the A343 of Mandarin Airlines ex-Singapore?

Sim, this is from China Airlines, and from the photodata base of A.net, I found that it is new for Dynasty.

Hi Sneeze, hazy in HKG but those shots are still good for all of us here to enjoy.

Thanks Chaity. Hope you enjoy the shots much.

IPB Image

wao silver bullet ! sneeze, hope that u can share your cx's "rifle bullets" over here.. :D

Sim, this is from China Airlines, and from the photodata base of A.net, I found that it is new for Dynasty.

I see. The reason I asked is because I thought I saw somewhere a long time ago that China Airlines got a few of SIA's A343. Well I could be wrong.

wao silver bullet ! sneeze, hope that u can share your cx's "rifle bullets" over here.. :D

I have posted the CX's one in Mwings on the topic of Spotting In Hong Kong :D

I see. The reason I asked is because I thought I saw somewhere a long time ago that China Airlines got a few of SIA's A343. Well I could be wrong.

Some of SIA's A343 is now serving CPA.

The first one to meet is another Silver Bullet of JAL, JA402J, my first time to meet it, but sadly that under such SH!T condition.

IPB Image

IPB Image

Hey Sneeze,

Nice shot of JAL SIlver Bullet as well as NCA..

Cargo all the way.. :)

Ques: Does NCA still fly to KUL???

Edited by Raj

Hey Sneeze,

Nice shot of JAL SIlver Bullet as well as NCA..

Cargo all the way.. :)

Ques: Does NCA still fly to KUL???

Thanks Raj,

for the question about NCA, I better leave it for other Malaysia based fellows to answer you. :)