MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Andrew Hunt

Coming to KLIA 1st July

Wahh, it would be a huge MW gathering this sunday.. :D

TK, ehem ehem...can follow u aa ?

Idham...

1 July is a saturday la kawan. Nanti kang hang pi KLIA hari Ahad..tarak orang...semua rehat kat rumah. :rofl:

Morning - working.

Afternoon - Don't know yet.

Yes the same Andrew Hunt who photographs with AirTeamImages

Regards

Andrew

Oh, just noticed that the message was posted by a great man from the AirTeamImages.

Welcome here.

What time tomorrow, c'mon! 8:30 too early ;) Still sleeping after watch 3AM match :) Cant wait tomorrow :drinks:

We will be here hopefuly before sunrise on Jul 1, staying on till late afternoon before returning.

Andrew, any spotting on subsequent days? Details please. Can't join on July 1st.

Singapore guys couldn't go further south....

so they ended up NORTH in KUL... :D

Thanks for coming guys... :)

IPB Image

photo taken badly, unlevel, jagged, too much contrast, bad common and dark by Jonathan, luckily i manage to edit it with photoshop!!! he he he he :D ..thank you Jonathan!!

we were all over KLIA, that includes 14L touch down area...

by the way...14R/32L Closed!!! for the next 6 months...good for spotters!!

IPB Image

Yeah... thanks for coming. :clapping: :drinks:

It was fun with single runway ops...

However, I only joined after the sun moved to western part

so its right of 14L for me only...

whereas the guys from down South covered both.. :pardon:

and here are some "teasers"... :rofl:

KLIA was "invaded" by "white supremacy" today :pardon:

IPB Image

but don't worry... darksider evened out the invasion... :yahoo:

Plane spotting-wise....

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

I went there in the morning with a blur brain. Not football, just cant seem to fall asleep.

Anyway, not knowing which runway is closed, I drove to weather station first. Also noticed immediately after turning right at the Bunga Raya building there is a new makeshift guard post. I wasnt stopped but did see a uniform personnel walking out of it. I supposed that is only for the duration of runway maintenance?

Weather station, of course no one. next, Obs hill. When I see there is no car parked there I thought then should be at the lake for landing shot. Nope, tarak. Drove to the spooky spot, also no one... eh? mana s'mua olang? (where is everyone?).

Drove back to obs hill... aiya, dun care la, let see what I can catch with 14L take off. park car, climb climb... so there they are... Jonathan and the group from Singapore...

Here are some of the catches:

IPB Image

Hell alot of A330 today

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

Wheel still hot after takeoff

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

Suddenly this quadrant of apron become very busy... MRD getting push back while Indian airline need to get to her parking lot crossing MRD-s path

IPB Image

Tons of jumbo today also

IPB Image

Nice.......

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

One lost soul. The moment the pilot slows her down to a halt on intersection, we know this fella is lost.

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

Lat meets the Bimbos'.... dun ask me, ask KC why are they called the Bimbos..

IPB Image

IPB Image

I have to leave KLIA when the group switched to lake side for landing shot, coz my SD card is full... :-(

And btw, the amount of sacarsm flying in the air was unbelievable... it all started from Kwek's piece of OLD RM100.00 The group has pratically denied his credit to purchase any food on Malaysian soil simply because the piece of money is not usable...

Great trip today

Ben-G

nice meeting you guys today :drinks:

it was fun to have single runway ops.... can get all the traffic :) but too bad we've missed the heliconia, norman

was trying to upload some shots but my hostel proxy goes something wrong... deny all my file upload :angry: :angry:

Hey Edwin, Nise Shots Man..

Thanks for sharing..

Hi Andrew, you and your friends are most welcome here.. :)

TK, Radzi, JKSC etc etc will answer you soon..

Thanks Idham, I had receive the infomation that I need already nice to meet you!!!

Sorry have to miss you all............. again.

Did anyone notice MQI landing at around 1530 LT? I did notice some umbrellas at the 14L touchdown hill.

Sorry have to miss you all............. again.

Did anyone notice MQI landing at around 1530 LT? I did notice some umbrellas at the 14L touchdown hill.

Was expecting you to join in the afternoon... :pardon:

Anyway, QuebecIndia..?? :pardon:

IPB Image

:sorry: Sorry Bad Quality... & bad???, bad??? etc :sorry:

But my camera time states 14:29 :blink: ...

Hi Everyone,

Well, I'm now sitting here back at home after a long, tiring and worthwhile trip to KLIA!

What an experience. Before showing pics, describing the trip, I just wanted to say a huge thank you to the KLIA team for what has to be one of the most wonderful photography days I have experienced in a long long time. Your friendliness, hospitality and warmth is second to none! Especially to Jonathan Kong, who played host for the whole day and showed us some breathtaking locations. I only hope to be able to repay your kindness one day when you come down to SIN. And to everyone else, too many to mention......TK, Norman, Azahan etc etc. You guys are great and I love the spirit that you guys have!

It all started out for us at 0145 when we set off for KLIA. I was the driver for the trip and after a smooth ride, we eventually arrived around 0600.... ready for sunrise, but first, I managed to catch 1/2 an hour's sleep along with my three partners in the car. Looked strange, four guys asleep in a car, windows steamed up....hmmm

Anyway the day began with breakfast at McDonalds at the LCCT, where Kwek tried to pass off "jurassic 100 ringit banknotes" and this became the topic for the day, resulting in great exchanges of banter :rofl: Our hopes were to catch 9M-MRD, 9M-MPB and 9M-MPD these were key subjects that KC and I were adamant that we were going to get!

We then progessed to the 14L approach (fishpond?) where first subject of the day was 9M-MPB :D : a portent of things to come! Sun came up, and we photographed the string of morning arrivals. Air India Express was the focus for the first hour, but unfortunately arrived under cloudy skies :( never mind, we hoped to catch it on departure!

We quickly moved to the Observation Hill and as soon as the car went over the brow of the hill....there it was.....a blue MH B772!!!!!! Heliconia! Yes, the day was getting better. We setup and waited and whilst there were some "high" departure sequences, suddenly we were treated to some lovely late rotations in fromt of us that took the breath away. Sure enough, Heliconia came up along with 9M-MPB.....it was a fantastic morning! We then returned to the fishpond for some lunchtime arrivals before heading off to lunch, where luckily Kwek was banned from us from passing off more dodgy banknotes! Oh yes, the sun was out for most of the morning!

Afternoon arrived and we setup at 14L landing point. It was very very very hot and highly uncomfortable. We really are nuts to pursue this hobby. At this point, fatigue set in and KC was wilting visibly, his head rocking up and down as he tried to stay awake. Yong Keat was hidden under the shade of a tree and Kwek was still trying to pass off his banknote to all and sundry! We needed inspiration....and sure enough, 9M-MPD arrived to deliver us a jolt of needed joy juice!

We then moved off to the rotation point at 14L, and we were treated to some really nice movements.....can anyone say MH B774F :D too many subjects to describe, but everyone a gem, and the sun was getting better and better!! Kwek then began to tire at this point and looked visibly in pain!

Finally back to landing 14L and the day was completed, with us packing our bags just as Azahan turned up! We had exchanged emails in a past and it was important for me to have met him, and I'm glad I did albeit for only a few minutes!

Farewells were exchanged, the day was complete and the CF cards were full of goodies, and yes every single subject that we wanted to get!!!!! We set off at 1745, and after a stop for a KFC dinner, returned to Singapore by about 2230. I had completed a total of about 9 hours driving, and I was tired!

I have attached a few images of some of the subjects I have manged to process so far, but my memories will not be simply of subjects photographed, but more of friendships forged and the opportunity to spend a day with some of most wonderful people who share this amazing hobby!

Thanks again guys.......

Andrew

post-597-1151805154_thumb.jpg

post-597-1151805224_thumb.jpg

post-597-1151805180_thumb.jpg

post-597-1151805271_thumb.jpg

post-597-1151805254_thumb.jpg

post-597-1151805111_thumb.jpg