MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Naim

AirAsia Group/AirAsia X Group Service Changes

Indonesia Air Asia X DPS-MEL did not kick-off as planned on boxing day. Many MEL pax bound for DPS are re-routed via KUL or offered with full refund.

They mentioned it was because of regulatory problems. I wonder from which side,Indonesia or Australia? Edited by Mulyadir Fitri

They mentioned it was because of regulatory problems. I wonder from which side,Indonesia or Australia?

Australia has not approved the route yet.

With the latest QZ8501 fiasco, I don't think Australia is in a hurry to approve any new flight from Indonesia-based airlines soon.....especially low cost's.

People are simply losing faith on AirAsia X if they kept axing the flight like that!

Yes, indeed. It is just sad, however AirAsia X is consolidating their operation this year to return to profit. If not, at least minimise the loss.

Shareholders must be in jitters now since the massive Q3 loss. Note also that they have huge A330neo order. They would need to show financial institutions they are financially sound to get loan approval. The sell-and-lease back deals for two current A330s have helped in lowering the debt gearing but still quite high.

I think Airasia Group is setting up its own aircraft leasing business.

Soon, all their aircraft will be handled by this new company and the individual group companies do not need to borrow anymore. They just lease their aircraft from this new leasing company...

Indonesia AirAsia

Denpasar-Bangkok

Surabaya-Bangkok

DPS-DMK is so far served by Thai AirAsia, as was DMK-SUB till last summer.

BANGKOK, 12 February 2015: Thai AirAsia X will launch a daily flight connecting Thailand’s (Don Mueang Airport) to Japan’s Sapporo New Chitose Airport, 1 May.

http://www.ttrweekly.com/site/2015/02/thai-airasia-x-keeps-on-expanding/

And Thai Airways wants a piece of the pie too. Deploying B787 on the same route....

AirAsia expands connectivity to India, Indonesia with 3 new routes

KUALA LUMPUR: AirAsia today announced three new routes, namely, to Visakhapatnam in India, as well as, Pontianak and Medan in Indonesia.
In a statement here today, the low-cost airline said the thrice weekly Kuala Lumpur-Visakhapatnam direct flights would commence on May 7.
The Kuala LumpurPontianak and Johor BahruMedan flights would commence on March 27 with twice weekly flights.
Head of Commercial, Spencer Lee said as Visakhapatnam was an up and rising destination for trade and tourism, AirAsia is confident that the move is timely.
"We will also be the first airline to fly direct to Pontianak from Kuala Lumpur.

Yay to Pontianak!!!

7 years too late though.

But should be popular. No more transit in CGK or KCH.

And I think those plying the PNK-KCH will be effected.

If it is next year, they might HV been able to bring forward delivery of their A350 deliveries. Not much point relaunching if they cannot lower their costs significantly.

AirAsia expands connectivity to India, Indonesia with 3 new routes

KUALA LUMPUR: AirAsia today announced three new routes, namely, to Visakhapatnam in India, as well as, Pontianak and Medan in Indonesia.
In a statement here today, the low-cost airline said the thrice weekly Kuala Lumpur-Visakhapatnam direct flights would commence on May 7.
The Kuala LumpurPontianak and Johor BahruMedan flights would commence on March 27 with twice weekly flights.
Head of Commercial, Spencer Lee said as Visakhapatnam was an up and rising destination for trade and tourism, AirAsia is confident that the move is timely.
"We will also be the first airline to fly direct to Pontianak from Kuala Lumpur.

News for those travelling from KUL, nothing new for KCH folks as MWG and Xpress Air has that route covered already :acute:

Revisiting Europe soon apparently :)

AirAsia to resume flights to Europe next year

http://www.themalaysianinsider.com/business/article/airasia-to-resume-flights-to-europe-next-year

Nah. As their own staff who are members of this forum said, it is just to up their share price.

If you read the article, it is actually to inform that the search for flight QZ8501 will be called off. I think this news is just a 'diversion' (look at how the sentences are arranged intertwined with each other QZ8501-Europe-QZ8501-Europe-QZ8501 and the usage of LIKELY).

Latest rumour from trusted source said AirAsia will fly from KUL to UTP. But couldn't find any official articles from AirAsia. Soon pax don't need to transit via DMK to Pattaya Island. Keep it up AirAsia . Waiting for Maldives. Any update ? 😬😬😬😬

Latest rumour from trusted source said AirAsia will fly from KUL to UTP. But couldn't find any official articles from AirAsia. Soon pax don't need to transit via DMK to Pattaya Island. Keep it up AirAsia . Waiting for Maldives. Any update ?

Believe slot at MLE is not easy to schedule.

Benyamin just tweeted that he is in Washington DC to get approvals for the Hawaii route. Interested to see the routing for this route. KUL-HND-HNL?

Benyamin just tweeted that he is in Washington DC to get approvals for the Hawaii route. Interested to see the routing for this route. KUL-HND-HNL?

If it routes via Japan, I doubt it would be via HND as they don't have the slots - going via NRT/KIX/NGO would be more interesting!

If D7 goes to HNL, there will be many casese where pax paid more for the VISA instead of the FLIGHT!

If you ask me, I don't think HNL is a sustainable route unless it continues on to the US west coast. So don't be surprised if the route is cancelled "for commercial reasons" a few months later...

D7 need buzz to pop up investors and lenders sentiment. Hence, need to extend new frontier continuously.

Edited by KK Lee

Maldives, Honolulu, Bora Bora, Tahiti all these destinations are honeymooners heavy.....I hihgly doubt AirAsia X can survive these destinations when they ask pax to pay and pay.....not forgetting last min flight cancellation last min due to 'commercial reasons'.