MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Naim

AirAsia Group/AirAsia X Group Service Changes

Airasia Reinstates KL - Da Nang Route

KUALA LUMPUR, June 5 (Bernama) -- AirAsia Bhd is recommencing its Kuala Lumpur - Da Nang route with four weekly flights on every Monday, Wednesday, Friday, and Sunday.

In conjunction with this, the budget carrier is offering promotional seats with all-in-fares from as low as RM99 one-way to Da Nang for the travel period from August 29, 2014 until July 31, 2015.

The booking period is from today until June 15, 2014, AirAsia said in a statement.

web.jpg

AirAsia X To Fly 4 Times A Week To Narita From Nov 21
KUALA LUMPUR, July 7 (Bernama) -- Low-cost, long-haul carrier AirAsia X Bhd will fly four times a week to Narita, Japan from Nov 21 and increase the frequency to daily flights in May next year in response to the market's strong and growing travel demand.
Chief Executive Officer Azran Osman-Rani said the airline recorded an average 89 per cent passenger load in the first half of 2014, proving the strong demand for the route since the commencement of its inaugural flight in November 2011.
"Overall, the airline has carried over one million passengers to and from its Japan routes and Japan contributes over 12 per cent of the airline's total revenue to date," he said in a statement here Monday.
AirAsia X will offer promotional fares from RM299 on Economy and RM799 on Business Class from Kuala Lumpur to Narita.
Fares are available for booking online from July 8 to 13 this year for travel between Nov 21 this year and July 31 next year.
Meanwhile, Thai AirAsia X, Thailand's first low-fare, long-haul carrier, also announced that it would fly from Narita and Osaka to Bangkok from Sept 1.
X-Citing low fares would also be available from 2,990 Thai baht on Economy and 9,990 Thai baht on Business Class for flights from Don Mueang, Bangkok to Narita and Osaka, Japan for travel between Sept 1 this year and July 31 next year.

Was discussing about it on twitter just now.

I managed to log into the system and checked out the NRT timings thanks to the Big Card one day special.. Its as follows:

KUL-HND-KUL

KUL-HND 14:30-22:30

HND-KUL 23:45-06:10

KUL-NRT-KUL

KUL-NRT 00:55-08:45

NRT-KUL 09:45-16:45

The best time to go to Tokyo is KUL-NRT and HND-KUL for me. You get an early morning arrival, and then the latest departure.

I also asked Azran if that itinerary is possible. He said they are working on it.

AirAsia X has applied for MEL-DPS operating daily using A330-300, operating under D7400/401, which seems strange as that would mean the Malaysian carrier (D7) operating the flights rather than an Indonesian subsidiary?

Should not be a problem if u book two flights individually. But the HND-KUL flight will be priced in JPY.

It would be good if they can make Tokyo as one destination and all the flights are aggregated for you. You can choose which airport you fly from, much like the way Air France present their flights to CDG and ORY. But the Navitaire booking engine is not that great and I would not hold my breath for this anytime soon - they can't even do multi city bookings yet...

I love HND. Cheap transfer to downtown Tokyo, just a few stations away from the Yamanote Line and the international terminal is not crowded. Hopefully with NRT their average fare to HND will drop

Should not be a problem if u book two flights individually. But the HND-KUL flight will be priced in JPY.

It would be good if they can make Tokyo as one destination and all the flights are aggregated for you. You can choose which airport you fly from, much like the way Air France present their flights to CDG and ORY. But the Navitaire booking engine is not that great and I would not hold my breath for this anytime soon - they can't even do multi city bookings yet...

Yeah. Not holding my breath yet.

But it fits their point-to-point system to a T.

I love HND. Cheap transfer to downtown Tokyo, just a few stations away from the Yamanote Line and the international terminal is not crowded. Hopefully with NRT their average fare to HND will drop

I do agree on this. Just that the timing from the airport to your accommodation that is NOT a major hotel can be problematic.

Eg: Went to Tokyo a couple of years ago. Landed 10:30, passed immigration + luggage its already 11pm. Got on the second last monorail from Haneda to Hamamtsucho (which coincidently is where the Pokemon Centre is in Tokyo FYI), then train to Ueno for my lodging. Arrived there - boom, its 12am, and everything is closed.

Wished that the transport service that AirAsiaGo used to offer is still in offer.

NRT is also easy to access now - N'Ex is only 1500 yen one way, instead of 3K yen. But that is to Tokyo/Shinjuku.

NRT is also easy to access now - N'Ex is only 1500 yen one way, instead of 3K yen. But that is to Tokyo/Shinjuku.

It shouldn't be too hard getting to/from other parts of the city of Tokyo and Shinjuku stations. Also, I think the N'Ex Suica card has some credit for other uses. Dunno if that's changed since they've reduced the price. Only downside is navigating the labyrinth of passages and stairs to interchange. Lifts aren't easy to find in Shinjuku!

If my hotel is at a more prominent location I'd take one of those airport transfer buses.

It shouldn't be too hard getting to/from other parts of the city of Tokyo and Shinjuku stations. Also, I think the N'Ex Suica card has some credit for other uses. Dunno if that's changed since they've reduced the price. Only downside is navigating the labyrinth of passages and stairs to interchange. Lifts aren't easy to find in Shinjuku!

If my hotel is at a more prominent location I'd take one of those airport transfer buses.

Oh this one is just the N'Ex ticket. no Suica in the package

Not just to 'prominent' locations I imagine - we managed to grab a coach ride from NRT to Kasai, some suburb on fringe of the city. Excellent service, spared the ordeal of heaving luggages at train interchanges and price was so much cheaper. Though it took the wife a bit of time and effort to trawl the net in search of the bus route etc

Has there been any changes to the bilateral between Malaysia and Japan? I recalled reading the last one that all allocation to Malaysia had been utilised (which resulted in D7 took all HND slots leaving MH none).

The last known bilateral: http://airlineroute.net/2008/07/28/japanmalaysia-new-bilateral-deal/

Only HND is limited and no new slots (especially daytime) were given to Malaysia in 2014 while countries like Singapore and Vietnam managed to secure more slots. There are no restrictions at NRT and that is the only way D7 can expand its services to Tokyo.

web.jpg

August 4, 2014
SEPANG - AirAsia X is expanding further into China with the introduction of its latest direct flights from Kuala Lumpur to Chongqing as its 6th destination to China after Hangzhou, Chengdu, Beijing, Shanghai Xi'An. The leading long-haul low fare affiliate of the AirAsia Group will soon commence 4 weekly flights into Jiangbei International Airport, Chongqing beginning February 13, 2015 onwards and will be the only airline servicing direct flights between the two cities.
In conjunction with the launch of the new destination, AirAsia X will be offering promotional all-in-fare from as low as MYR199 (CNY488) on Economy and MYR799 (CNY1,888) on its Business Class to Chongqing one way. Bookings are available online between 5 August 2014 and 10 August 2014 for travel between 13 February 2015 and 31 July 2015.
Dato' Bernard Francis, Commercial Director of AirAsia X said, "The addition of the Kuala Lumpur - Chongqing route enables us to further strengthen our route network into China. AirAsia X is very positive about our growth in China, and the addition of this new route will further fortify the point. We carried a total of 2.7 million passengers to date into/from China from Kuala Lumpur with an average passenger load of 82%. With Chongqing added on our network, we expect to see our total revenue increase to over 17% with more than 1 million guests flying into/from our China routes from Kuala Lumpur this year."
"As the largest municipality located in Southwest China, Chongqing has it all. Enjoy breathtaking scenic with Yangtze River Cruise or visit the filming location of blockbuster movie, Transformer 4 at Wulong Karst Geology Park. Chongqing is also known as the hot pot city and your visit should include trying the spicy hot pot dishes. It has a history over 1000 years and until now, is still the most popular dish for social or family gathering. Shopping in Chongqing is spectacular with so many shopping places such as Jiafangbei, fabric market & night markets, offering reasonable prices with a bargain" Dato' Bernard concluded.
Chongqing attracts visitors from home and abroad for its cultural heritage and other tourist attractions. The city is the starting point for the Yangtze River Cruise, which explores the stunning scenery of the Three Gorges. Other attractions include the Dazu Rock Carvings, valuable works of art carved during the Ninth Century, Gold Buddhist Mountain, a rich repository of diverse animals and plants and Fishing Town, one of three ancient battlefields in China. Ancient Ci Qi Kou village lures tourists to linger in its streets to buy handicraft souvenirs.
Source: AirAsia X

KUALA LUMPUR: AirAsia Bhd reintroduces its direct flights from Kuala Lumpur to Clark, the Philippines with four weekly flights, after an 11-month lull, beginning October 17, 2014.

The revival of the route marks AirAsia's fourth destination in the Philippines connected from Kuala Lumpur after Manila, Cebu and Kalibo, thebudget carrier said in a statement.

The 4x weekly service will be operated by Malaysia AirAsia with the flight code AK on Mondays, Wednesday, Fridays and Sundays.

AirAsia suspended its thrice weekly flights from Kuala Lumpur to Clark on October 31, 2013 as part of its route network realignment.-- Bernama

http://www.nst.com.my/node/20276

AirAsia Announces Daily Flights Between Kuala Lumpur And Balikpapan

August 18, 2014 18:03 PM

KUALA LUMPUR, Aug 18 (Bernama) -- AirAsia today announced daily flights from Kuala Lumpur to Balikpapan, Indonesia, effective October 16, 2014.

The low-cost carrier said at present the airline served direct flights on this route three times weekly.

To celebrate the announcement of the additional flight frequencies, AirAsia would offer a promotional all-in fares from as low as RM189 for flights from Kuala Lumpur-Balikpapan.

"Booking period for this promotion is from Aug 18-24, 2014, for the travel period from Aug 19, 2014 to January 31, 2015," it said in a statement.

Looks like Kuala Lumpur to Pontianak will come too, but still not bookable.

Oh wow! That's good news. Maybe they should do KCH PNK too, or they have given up on starting new routes ex KCH?!

I think the KCH-PNK is already too crowded. How many Indonesian airlines tried their luck on the route in the past and failed? My friends from the oil palm industry in West Kalimantan should be thrilled with this news. The majority of pax on KCH-PNK is heading/originating from KUL anyway.

As a former pontianak, I really welcomed KUL-PNK but 6 years too late for me.