MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Radzi

MAB A350-900 Regional Flights to PEN, BKK, SIN & BKI from 9 December 2017

IFE remote is getting smaller nowadays.

Seem to be the trend nowadays with these gadgets isn't it ?

Going by trend where you have iPhone? progress to iPhone?S over recent years, the latest iPhoneX should morph into iPhoneXS next - the miniaturized version :lol:

wonder why the RAT deployed.. testing purpose?

Yes, test that it works! 9M-MAC has made two test flights.

The CAFs will only be done once Airbus is certain that the aircraft is OK for delivery.

wonder why the RAT deployed.. testing purpose?

Testing purpose for sure. RAT functions as a backup in case of hydraulic failure to supply independent electrical power to essential system.

Testing purpose for sure. RAT functions as a backup in case of hydraulic failure to supply independent electrical power to essential system.

I think that for the fly by wire Airbus aircraft, electrical systems are critical - any cut in electricity might render flight computers and other electrical functions useless!

yes. the things as per what you told are belong to the essential system, e.g flight control and flight instruments. In case of hydraulic or electrical loss, RAT will deployed automatically or manually. During transition, two independent main batteries will be used via respective TRU. RAT need to gain certain rpm otherwise some electrical load will be shed. It is one of important requirement other than APU for long haul flight which is mainly ETOPS,as a redundancy in case of emergency.

Any details when it will depart from KUL?

Tentative 10++ and BKi arrivals to be around 12pm and for Kch at 2pmish. Flight no is mh5028/5029.

Tentative 10++ and BKi arrivals to be around 12pm and for Kch at 2pmish. Flight no is mh5028/5029.

Thanks for the info... missed her arrival. Might have to wait for the end of the month to see her then

Those who booked in Business Class for the regional flights and managed to select First Class tickets, did you get your seats changed to the Business Class?

Mine was.

Those who booked in Business Class for the regional flights and managed to select First Class tickets, did you get your seats changed to the Business Class?

Mine was.

Yes

Me too

I guess you're referring to first class seat instead of first class ticket

Edited by affendi osman

Mine was.

No change yet for mine but it's on domestic instead. You receive the change via email?

Yes

Me too

Mine too :( And changed to a lousy seat..

Double checked with EF, row 1 are now blocked.

Mine was.

Yes

Me too

No change yet for mine but it's on domestic instead. You receive the change via email?

Mine too :( And changed to a lousy seat..

Double checked with EF, row 1 are now blocked.

mine too and that's the only reason why i want to fly on that flight, i called the customer service and they said that they were also not informed of the reason, sent PM vide FB and got some ridiculous response such as i didnt make any payment for those seats

for me this is an afterthought by MH and a clear misrepresentation, im going to lodge a complaint with MAVCOM

mine too and that's the only reason why i want to fly on that flight, i called the customer service and they said that they were also not informed of the reason, sent PM vide FB and got some ridiculous response such as i didnt make any payment for those seats

for me this is an afterthought by MH and a clear misrepresentation, im going to lodge a complaint with MAVCOM

You bought a J ticket, and want to complain because you're getting a J seat? Seat assignments don't form part of the contract. They can even screw you over and swap it to a 738. Unless you actually paid for an F ticket and got kicked out of F, I don't see what grounds you have to complain here.

If I can demand compensation for each time I got swapped to an inferior seat within the same ticketed cabin, CX would be bankrupt by now.

As of now, it looks like only SIN/BKK is affected but who knows if/when the next sweep happens and kick pax out from domestic services (PEN/BKI).

You bought a J ticket, and want to complain because you're getting a J seat? Seat assignments don't form part of the contract. They can even screw you over and swap it to a 738. Unless you actually paid for an F ticket and got kicked out of F, I don't see what grounds you have to complain here.

If I can demand compensation for each time I got swapped to an inferior seat within the same ticketed cabin, CX would be bankrupt by no

i didnt ask you to determine my entitlement under the contract and who are you to prevent anyone from lodging a complaint to the authority or even filing a suit in court? i have my arguments and no reason for me to justify it to anyone here, since when were you being appointed as spoke person for MH anyway? pursuant to my rights as a consumer/passenger ive already conveyed my queries through proper channels however no reasonable clarifications were given and you ask me to just sit quietly and act dumb? and i didnt use your money to purchase that ticket so keep your opinion to yourself

As of now, it looks like only SIN/BKK is affected but who knows if/when the next sweep happens and kick pax out from domestic services (PEN/BKI).

my flight is to PEN

these are the contradictory replies that i got from MH's FB

Reply 1:

Upon running the investigation, we found that no payment has been made for the preferred seat. If you wish to pre-book the seat, you may contact our call center for further assistant.

Reply 2:

Hello, XXXXXX. We are sorry to read that you have an unpleasant experience on seat arrangement. We shall escalate the case to related department for further investigation. We will inform you once we have any update.

If it's MH's contractual right to re-seat anyone at its discretion why cant MH just be upfront about it and state the actual reason??

i have no other reason to fly on that flight other than to experience the F seats of the A350, the J seat is nothing new to me and will not entice me to purchase the ticket to PEN, place which again i have no other reason to be in other than to join the flight.

my flight is to PEN

these are the contradictory replies that i got from MH's FB

Opppps. That's probably an intern using cookie-cutter response to all FB queries.

i didnt ask you to determine my entitlement under the contract and who are you to prevent anyone from lodging a complaint to the authority or even filing a suit in court? i have my arguments and no reason for me to justify it to anyone here, since when were you being appointed as spoke person for MH anyway? pursuant to my rights as a consumer/passenger ive already conveyed my queries through proper channels however no reasonable clarifications were given and you ask me to just sit quietly and act dumb? and i didnt use your money to purchase that ticket so keep your opinion to yourself

I don't think your case is strong enough seeing that you paid for J and was given a J seat. If you have paid for F and was given a J seat, or if MH had actually marketed F with J prices, your case would have been much stronger.

It's the reason why the Contract of Carriage exists. The CoC would have definitely covered this eventuality and if you read it, you'll see that they are under no obligation to justify their actions. You can argue all you like but by buying the ticket you are bound by the terms CoC, and honestly I don't think MAVCOM is going to be helpful.

Personally I'd cancel the ticket since as you said you already have experienced J.

Edited by Mohd Suhaimi Fariz