MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Radzi

MAB A350-900 Regional Flights to PEN, BKK, SIN & BKI from 9 December 2017

Calm down and take the emotion out of this folks. Yes, anyone is entitled to do anything he or she pleases... but just trying to save you time and effort . Just some friendly advice here nothing more, because in reality there is no leg to stand on with regards to the seat reassignment not aircraft swaps. It happens and their conditions of carriage has this covered.

my flight is to PEN

these are the contradictory replies that i got from MH's FB

Reply 1:

Upon running the investigation, we found that no payment has been made for the preferred seat. If you wish to pre-book the seat, you may contact our call center for further assistant.

Reply 2:

Hello, XXXXXX. We are sorry to read that you have an unpleasant experience on seat arrangement. We shall escalate the case to related department for further investigation. We will inform you once we have any update.

I received exactly the same reply.

It seems like those 359 flights to PEN and BKK are sold as 3-cabin for the next few days - perhaps that why it was blocked? They aren't selling F fare, but EF availability shows F4 A4 P4 etc.

i have no other reason to fly on that flight other than to experience the F seats of the A350, the J seat is nothing new to me and will not entice me to purchase the ticket to PEN, place which again i have no other reason to be in other than to join the flight.

I'm in a similar situation as you are. My flight is to SIN and it's for one week to catch the A350 on both journey. The main reason for the trip is to experience both the A350 as well as the F cabin. If I had known that this would have happened, I too would not have planned this trip, but unfortunately, no refunds available for both my flights and accommodation.

this is a clear misrepresentation and an afterthought by MH, why didnt they just block those seats upfront if they didnt intend to sell it, only now when so many people have bought those tickets, for no other reason but to be in those seats and you simply bump us off to normal J seats??

and please be clear, there's no F class or seat in my flight and those seats were sold as J and as far as im concerned, at the point of purchasing the ticket, have been misrepresented by MH as such. My purchase of the ticket was based on this misrepresentation and dont tell me just to keep quiet and let this pass by

and until now i didnt get any clarification on this matter, if you know you are exercising your contractual rights, why is it so hard for you to give some explanation??

and MH knows so well that they have widely advertised to the public to fly on these proving flights to sample their latest plane and their products and by that no inkling whatsoever in the minds of those who had decided to suddenly block those seats that people who had purchased and booked those F seats had no other reason to fly than to get what had been represented and CONFIRMED to them when they booked the ticket??

no kind of misrep or scam should be tolerated as ppl pay good money for the expected products and services and im going to exercise my rights as a consumer by bringing this up to the authority

Edited by Khalil Abd Halim

I don't think your case is strong enough seeing that you paid for J and was given a J seat. If you have paid for F and was given a J seat, or if MH had actually marketed F with J prices, your case would have been much stronger.

It's the reason why the Contract of Carriage exists. The CoC would have definitely covered this eventuality and if you read it, you'll see that they are under no obligation to justify their actions. You can argue all you like but by buying the ticket you are bound by the terms CoC, and honestly I don't think MAVCOM is going to be helpful.

Personally I'd cancel the ticket since as you said you already have experienced J.

appreciate your amiable comment but cancelling the ticket will also require me to cancel my hotel bookings, car rentals etc.........sorry to say this but i just dont wish them well with this kind of mismanagement

no kind of misrep or scam should be tolerated as ppl pay good money for the expected products and services and im going to exercise my rights as a consumer by bringing this up to the authority

You can exercise your right and nobody is denying it, but what many of us are saying having learnt through experience of either being a frequent flyer or having worked for the airline previously is that you're not going to get the result you're expecting since their conditions of carriage would have covered it as per below.

6.4 SEATING SELECTION

​We will try to honour advance seating requests. We cannot guarantee that you will be able to sit in any particular seat. We reserve the right to change your seat at any time, even after boarding of the aircraft. This may be necessary for operational, safety or security reasons.

It is neither a misrepresentation nor a scam since like you said they didn't actually put those F seats on sale. For all intents and purposes, based on the clause above, you get what you booked for, a J seat on a J fare. You are not guaranteed that particular F seat. And FYI, SQ/QR/EY/KL/JL/NH/BA/QF (just to name a few) have a similar clause in their conditions of carriage too.

Maybe if you want to change things, work with the authorities on changing the conditions of carriage which is the rule of law that determines the right of the passenger and the airline. Until that happens, your current predicament will not change because MH, based on their conditions of carriage, have provided you with reasonable accommodation for your booking.

At the very least you'd probably get a refund, but I wouldn't keep my hopes up.

appreciate your amiable comment but cancelling the ticket will also require me to cancel my hotel bookings, car rentals etc.........sorry to say this but i just dont wish them well with this kind of mismanagement

I'm afraid this happens all the time even to the best of airlines. Not so much mismanagement. Like I said, work on changing the Conditions of Carriage.

You can exercise your right and nobody is denying it, but what many of us are saying having learnt through experience of either being a frequent flyer or having worked for the airline previously is that you're not going to get the result you're expecting since their conditions of carriage would have covered it as per below.

It is neither a misrepresentation nor a scam since like you said they didn't actually put those F seats on sale. For all intents and purposes, based on the clause above, you get what you booked for, a J seat on a J fare. You are not guaranteed that particular F seat. And FYI, SQ/QR/EY/KL/JL/NH/BA/QF (just to name a few) have a similar clause in their conditions of carriage too.

Maybe if you want to change things, work with the authorities on changing the conditions of carriage which is the rule of law that determines the right of the passenger and the airline. Until that happens, your current predicament will not change because MH, based on their conditions of carriage, have provided you with reasonable accommodation for your booking.

At the very least you'd probably get a refund, but I wouldn't keep my hopes up.

I'm afraid this happens all the time even to the best of airlines. Not so much mismanagement. Like I said, work on changing the Conditions of Carriage.

the COC is not the only legal document binding the airline, it's as far as the relation with the pax however what im questioning is the conduct of MH in terms of having full/accurate disclosure of the service offered to the general public and the manner how things were handled post that unilateral change of seats, MH is also governed under the Malaysian Aviation Consumer Protection Code 2016 for which it is not for anyone other than MAVCOM to decide whether they have complied or breached the same in this situation

and again it didnt happen to you or your family so i understand your nonchalant attitude on this and dont make it personal on me as i wasnt the one who brought this up obviously others who have been bumped out are also disappointed with this MISREPRESENTATION if not they wouldnt have brought this issue at the first place

Did MH explicitly state anywhere pre-purchase something along the lines of "Pay J fare get F seat on our brand new A350 on our regional flights"? I don't think so.

Or is your booking just based on an assumption on the back of availability of the F seats for sale?

If I were you I would be happy to get a J seat on the 359 rather than the flight being downgauged to the 738, or worse, the -FF or -ML series 738!

Anyone has any idea reason(s) for the 1+ hours delays on KUL-PEN-KUL-BKK-KUL sectors flown yesterday on first day of revenue service ?

Adhering to Malaysian time keeping convention ? :)

Anyone has any idea reason(s) for the 1+ hours delays on KUL-PEN-KUL-BKK-KUL sectors flown yesterday on first day of revenue service ?

Adhering to Malaysian time keeping convention ? :)

From a friend, they have alignment issues with the aerobridge at KUL and PEN. The aircraft was towed to bay B6 for the first departure. Tow truck had to intervene both instances at KUL and PEN to re-align the aircraft. Also, there was a no show pax at KUL for the first sector and baggage had to be searched and offloaded.

I have a question. In the case of the flight is delayed, will the operating carrier reopen check in?

I bought Y class ticket the first day it went online and got upgraded via mhupgrade to C class. I arrived at the airport ard 10.20 yesterday and was told check in has closed (my bad as I always think that check in closes 40 mins before departure for domestic flying and the bus from Nilai took forever to arrive). The agent was nice enough calling here and there and tried to help me checking in. Both people she called said yes but it was already 10.40 by the time she finished the second call. She finally said no as there would be a lot of paperwork to do. Dont want to create any trouble as it was obviously my fault, I just went back home.

I have a question. In the case of the flight is delayed, will the operating carrier reopen check in?

Depends on how late the delay was posted. If the delay was posted after check-in has closed, they don't usually reopen check in (possible reasons include mechanical, weather, ATC holds etc.). If the delay was posted long before check-in was scheduled to close, they usually delay check-in closing time (especially with a delayed inbound and on rare occasions or outstations, they'll delay counter opening time too).

I always OLCI if possible to avoid being in your shoe. That way, I can at least run to the gate if I am late. Bags will go on standby if need be ;)

Out of curiosity, how much did you bid for the MHUpgrade?

Edited by Craig

Oh alright.

I tried OLCI but it didn't work. It is also written in their email "because of system upgrade, online check in is not available. please proceed to counter check in.." and i just had one small backpack yesterday.

I bid for the minimum amount which was around rm120.

Can we return this thread to discussion about A350 proving flight rather than customer service experience?

Clearly you have complained on their Facebook and emailed them. None of us have the power to resolve your issues.

Did MH explicitly state anywhere pre-purchase something along the lines of "Pay J fare get F seat on our brand new A350 on our regional flights"? I don't think so.

Or is your booking just based on an assumption on the back of availability of the F seats for sale?

If I were you I would be happy to get a J seat on the 359 rather than the flight being downgauged to the 738, or worse, the -FF or -ML series 738!

they didnt say those seats were not available as well when we booked the ticket somemore confirmed the booking, so your presumption versus my confirmed booking which one do you think should take precedent??

Can we return this thread to discussion about A350 proving flight rather than customer service experience?

Clearly you have complained on their Facebook and emailed them. None of us have the power to resolve your issues.

sure, we never changed the topic and matters being discussed here are actually related to the proving flight, it's good to share our experience though so that people are aware and in case those F seats "magically" appear to be available again the public are aware of the risk..just saying

they didnt say those seats were not available as well when we booked the ticket somemore confirmed the booking, so your presumption versus my confirmed booking which one do you think should take precedent??

sure, we never changed the topic and matters being discussed here are actually related to the proving flight, it's good to share our experience though so that people are aware and in case those F seats "magically" appear to be available again the public are aware of the risk..just saying

We spent the last two pages talking about your problem. I don't care to be honest. Just move on.

To be fair to Khalil, I was the one who started this topic, and it is on topic about the A350-900 Regional flights as those who booked it would be the ones giving the trip reports of the first class seats before the plane even flies to London. It may have just strayed a bit.

With that being said, still excited about trying the A350 for the first time.

So what if you have a confirmed booking? Just because you have a confirmed booking doesn't mean they don't have the right to reassign your seat.

When you purchase the ticket, you agree to their CoC. It's stated that seat assignments aren't guaranteed, even though your booking is.

On the flip side, for those who booked this flight much earlier when it was still a 738, can MH turn around and cancel their "confirmed bookings" or ask for more money, since they're now getting a different seat?

Edited by Chris Tan

OK when you booked did your eticket say Business or First?

Sorry for the sidetrack again.

the COC is not the only legal document binding the airline, it's as far as the relation with the pax however what im questioning is the conduct of MH in terms of having full/accurate disclosure of the service offered to the general public and the manner how things were handled post that unilateral change of seats, MH is also governed under the Malaysian Aviation Consumer Protection Code 2016 for which it is not for anyone other than MAVCOM to decide whether they have complied or breached the same in this situation

I've read the Aviation Consumer Protection Code and to be honest I couldn't find any clause pertaining to seat assignments. So given this the CoC is the law of the land since the CoC clauses are only superseeded if there is an overriding law. I wish the Aviation Consumer Code existed when I got stranded at klia2 for 6 hours by AK back in 2015.

But I end up having a wonderful time with my colleagues anyways. Always look on the bright side of life.

Now, back to the A350s...