MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Ashley Lee

MAS B772 9M-MRO Flight MH370 KUL-PEK Missing with All 239 POB Presumed Killed

A couple claimed they found it on a WA beach in July last year...

I remember some people "stumbled upon" a safety card on the beach last year. They forgot one minor detail though: it's a very old edition not seen in years.

Some people just want to get some attention.

I'm wondering what sort of test(s) they are planning on the towelette that can possibly link it to MH370 ?

I'm wondering what sort of test(s) they are planning on the towelette that can possibly link it to MH370 ?

There should be a batch number for the product printed on the back sometimes. Guess they can check that?

Not claiming this is the definite reason behind why MH370 is missing, but the mere existence of this is pretty worrying. Take a look at the history of this and understand the development of it via the following link. Wonder if Airbus has a similar system onboard too.

http://21stcenturywire.com/2014/08/07/flight-control-boeings-uninterruptible-autopilot-system-drones-remote-hijacking/

"The Boeing 777 along with other Boeing models, can in fact be flown remotely through the use of independent embedded software and satellite communication. Once this advanced system is engaged, it can disallow any pilot or potential hijacker from controlling a plane, as the rooted setup uses digital signals that communicate with air traffic control, satellite links, as well as other government entities for the remainder of a flight’s journey. "

Although commercial or any aircraft could be fitted to be flown remotely but doubt is built in, otherwise, Boeing and Airbus could be liable to lawsuit in every accident.

The Chinese have been speculating this remote hijack ever since the disappearance of MH370. They also added that there is a high flying US spy plane above the commercial jet at that time. And in addition the un-explainable communication lost between mainland China and its outpost in the Spratlys at about the same time.

And is there any evidence that MH370 did a high altitude maneuver to knock its passengers and crews off before its ghostly fly to somewhere?

After 911's incidence and so called expose of a conspiracy, no one can for sure say it is far fetched and impossible anymore.

Edited by Cire

Its sad that the Malaysians authorities have fallen short on so many areas in the MH370 case. And so far none have the honor to resign due to their glaringly inaptness. As if they never learnt a thing at all from day 1, the announcement of MH370 officially an accident before the search is concluded by the DCA head was not thought over and pre-eluding the NOKs is a low class act.

Respect to (Major)Zaidi for speaking out bravely and telling off his former big bellied Generals that they are not fit to be in their job.

I am sure his sentiments are also shared with his ex-colleagues who still serving the force.

Personally, the situation where the country is as now in terms of security alertness, is low and near complacent. And this is contributed on by our weak leaders.

Edited by Cire

What s the deal with the expired batteries guys?

Inquiry into air traffic supervisor who slept as MH370 disappeared

http://www.themalaysianinsider.com/malaysia/article/inquiry-into-air-traffic-supervisor-who-slept-as-mh370-disappeared

You gotta be kidding ?!

And only after anniversary ? :blink:

Couldn't blame foreigners doubting our gomen credibility.

Inquiry into air traffic supervisor who slept as MH370 disappeared

http://www.themalaysianinsider.com/malaysia/article/inquiry-into-air-traffic-supervisor-who-slept-as-mh370-disappeared

You gotta be kidding ?!

And only after anniversary ? :blink:

""This is very serious. We will investigate and take stern action on any wrongdoings," The Star quoted him as saying after an event at Tunku Abdul Rahman University College in Kuala Lumpur today. - See more at: http://www.themalaysianinsider.com/malaysia/article/inquiry-into-air-traffic-supervisor-who-slept-as-mh370-disappeared#sthash.7cD62PWb.dpuf"

Agreed. You just gotta read between the lines as to what it means by "stern action". Stern action happened only after a year? So it gives this sleep-on-the-job supervisor a year more to sleep on his job. Well, time for him to lose some sleep now...

Edited by S V Choong

I dont think he fell asleep. I think he was sleeping as per regulations as controllers have mandatory rest requirements. If I recall correctly they are only allowed a max of 2 hours at their consoles at any one time to avoid fatigue. After that they are given rest,and in the case of night shift personnel,to get a short nap before continuing

In the most recent Air Crash Investigation episode of MH370 (Season 14 Episode XX), the supervisor is seen working on his table and attended to the controller who was in charge of MH370 immediately after he raised his hand.

I think this is the documentary that the governemnt want to block from the public viewing recently.

I dont think he fell asleep. I think he was sleeping as per regulations as controllers have mandatory rest requirements .....

So regulatory sleep is different from normal sleep ?! :lol:

Sorry, could not help it :)

Your explanation seem reasonable, being a regular victim of 'fatigue' in front of the computer monitor at the office. The question remains though why it took a year before someone wants an answer, and suddenly it's like top urgent ? And it was apparently gleaned only from transcript of a telephone conversation. Sheesh, it must have been difficult indeed for the ATC guy/girl to finally rat on his/her supervisor - imagine "Tuan, boss dah tertidur ketika pesawat hilang ......"

I wonder if they are also going to reveal anything about how the military chaps (or girls) allowed that unidentified blip on their radar to peacefully traverse across the peninsula :)

I wonder if they are also going to reveal anything about how the military chaps (or girls) allowed that unidentified blip on their radar to peacefully traverse across the peninsula :)

May be they too were having their 'regulatory' sleep? :D

Sorry, could not help it :)

What I was trying to say is that the articles seem to be painting the picture that the supervisor dozed off while at the console and while controlling live traffic. That is precisely why ICAO made the rest mandatory,cause they dont want that to happen. We dont want another Peter Nielsen right? They even have dedicated rooms to sleep at the ATCC in Subang. I am sick of reading all the bses since a year ago.

And as to why they needed a year to reveal this? Well I guess they need a new black sheep after a year of nothing

Edited by Mulyadir Fitri

What I was trying to say is that the articles seem to be painting the picture that the supervisor dozed off while at the console and while controlling live traffic. That is precisely why ICAO made the rest mandatory ....

Yes understood first time round :)

Plus said supervisor wasn't 'controlling' traffic - underlings were

He/she was there to supervise - by loose definition, there to oversee actions and activities should things not run according to plan

Was there any response ?

What s the deal with the expired batteries guys?

Not much, to be honest. The nature of these batteries and their specification means that there is considerable excess capacity. It might be degraded by as much as 10% below the minimum service requirement. But probably not. Worse case, a few days short of the pinging requirement. But most likely, it would still have delivered the 30 day requirement. However, due to the over specification, a new battery would have exceeded it, giving more chance for location.

As a result of the AF477 crash, there is a current technical discussion about increasing the minimum requirement for public transport flights in maritime areas, to 90 days, and to the addition of a long range, shorter duration transponder to allow for localisation. Clearly, this could only have helped in the current search, and this will no doubt add to the case for this to be done.

Yes, the timing of the supervisor being asleep (whether regulatory or not) must be clear. I believe he is on his sleep break when the incident happened but the controller at the time may have casually said so that he is asleep and would have to wake him up.

Nevertheless, the controller should have jumped up and called out the supervisor before even further assertions to do so when you have a plane missing !!

Can't blame the military here..they don't have proper protocol to deal with such unidentifiable commercial aircraft passing through our airspace. However, it also raises questions as to who made the decision at the center that it was "friendly" or "foes"? By merely knowing that it was a commercial plane and therefore put in their own friendly assumptions?

Any reasonable alerted team leader would have raised some flags and counter check with civilian towers both KLIA and Penang. Btw, did Penang tower detected the AC (encroachment) into its airspace?

So many questions. So baffling. So flawed. Highly intriguing to all aviation experts and enthusiast alike.

I should think that the military had better buck up. With China now flexing its military muscles and claiming territories in SE Asia aggresively, we need to be more vigilant.

There is not much more an airline can do following a catastrophic event; it can, however, do much less, as illustrated by Malaysia Airlines’ confused, contradictory and altogether insensitive handling of the Flight 370 disappearance. (To that airline’s credit, its subsequent handling of the shooting down of Flight 17 suggested that lessons had been learned.)

Full article: http://www.economist.com/blogs/gulliver/2015/03/germanwings-flight-9525?fsrc=scn/fb/wl/bl/ahumanresponsetoahumantragedy