MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Ashley Lee

MAS B772 9M-MRO Flight MH370 KUL-PEK Missing with All 239 POB Presumed Killed

Accounta what ? Please don't use big words malaysian gahmen don't understand. Considered very rude you know :)

Why would rulers need to know what accountability is? Rulers make the rules and public should just suck it up and keep quiet. You can always leave if you don't like it :p

Edited by S V Choong

Why would rulers need to know what accountability is? Rulers make the rules and public should just suck it up and keep quiet. You can always leave if you don't like it :p

Wah standard canned response so smoothly delivered. You have a future in politics !

This was why MAS had to send those SMSes back when Najib made his announcement two weeks after it was reported missing because they keep wanting to rush things.

Don't know why they need to do that to be honest.

You have to admit there is a big gulf of difference between sending out SMSes and the more laborious option of calling up with a human voice at end of the line

The choice of option was made, the reaction is known, maybe they could have learnt from that experience :)

Accounta what ? Please don't use big words malaysian gahmen don't understand. Considered very rude you know :)

It is spelled as 'akaun-aku-sendiri' mainly refering to monetary benefits.

The DCA and Government again earned a fat zero in this latest episode. When faced with the truths, it always take the easy way out. Obviously they will reasoned by saying that they are following international protocols. blah...

The DCA and Government again earned a fat zero in this latest episode. When faced with the truths, it always take the easy way out. Obviously they will reasoned by saying that they are following international protocols. blah...

With all the comments, what is the best thing for Malaysia government to do about this?

Wah standard canned response so smoothly delivered. You have a future in politics !

Hehe for a government that does not serve her people but instead injecting fear amongst her people. That is the standard response.

I guess they are so used to bullying their own people and have never had any international exposure. This is probably the first time they were under international attention and didn't know the political way to react.

Edited by S V Choong

this has nothing to do with accountability. This is about being human. The way I see it, the intention was good - they need to make that declaration so that insurance can pay out money to the family etc. So the whatever committee sat around the table and decided to do this... then when it comes to communication strategy, why did they decide to do it in the most inhuman manner? There is no rush, they could have tried to give themselves 1 week to organize a closed session with family members in KL and Beijing. After that news will get out anyway to the media.

i could understand the SMS mishap (need to get the news out to families quickly before the press makes the announcement), but in this case, there is no rush...

Azman, I totally agree with you. Time was not a factor for DCA. There was no need to rush. But next of kins first, in private and with MH, no matter how many days it might take. The press and the public, second. Apa susah? Ini kerja pun tak pandai nak buat.......

The Malaysian government and DCA should practice what it preaches, about caring and empathizes with the NOKs.

The Malaysian government and DCA should practice what it preaches, about caring and empathizes with the NOKs.

They should learn from Tony. The way they handle this case from the start is just pathetic.

They should learn from Tony. The way they handle this case from the start is just pathetic.

I rather think that Tony has learnt how he should respond and react after the incident of MH 370 and MH 17 and he has acted right.

I rather think that Tony has learnt how he should respond and react after the incident of MH 370 and MH 17 and he has acted right.

Even if QZ8501 has happened before MH370. I think Tony would have done a better job than the Govt. Judging by his character and leadership persona. On one hand you have a person who is good at PR and on the other you have someone from a bureaucratic and dictatorial background. The difference is very clear.

Even if QZ8501 has happened before MH370. I think Tony would have done a better job than the Govt. Judging by his character and leadership persona. On one hand you have a person who is good at PR and on the other you have someone from a bureaucratic and dictatorial background. The difference is very clear.

You are comparing Tony and a government? Its like an apple and an orange.

Dictatorial? thats a big word bro.

Agreed. " I say and you listen" attitude. Its clear too that they are arrogant for they don't bother to take note from QZ8501 incident on how to handle and care for NOKs.

Anyway, the NOKs will have to settle their anger and move on.

You are comparing Tony and a government? Its like an apple and an orange.

Dictatorial? thats a big word bro.

If you look at other governments like the Australian government, they are very good at PR. Somehow the Malaysian government isn't good at that, probably due to decades of practicing "I say and you should just listen" attitude. The majority of us have gotten used to this attitude. Unfortunately this tactic failed to work on foreigners.

"Dictatorial" is actually not a big word, it is a norm for some countries, especially those who rule through fear than through love!

Agreed. " I say and you listen" attitude. Its clear too that they are arrogant for they don't bother to take note from QZ8501 incident on how to handle and care for NOKs.

Anyway, the NOKs will have to settle their anger and move on.

Got to give them credit, they seemed to have learnt in some areas, judging by how they reacted in the case of MH17.

Edited by S V Choong