MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
MIR

Subang (WMSA/SZB) 2011

Well bro, at least your first time with Maswings caught something that I've not seen on a Maswing ATR, i.e "Wings of Love?" :blink:

Well bro, at least your first time with Maswings caught something that I've not seen on a Maswing ATR, i.e "Wings of Love?" :blink:

Thanks for pointing out Iggy. From this link down here, it seems like that is a new campaign being carried out by MasWings.

http://newsabahtimes.com.my/nstweb/fullstory/49056

:drinks:

Edited by Sri Ramani K.

You can get sharp nose shot of an ATR at SZB, nice equipment bro...thanks for sharing...

keep 'em coming.. :drinks:

Ramani, consider a nice catch in the usual quiet SZB. :drinks:

I will double with the electrical dept for the lights off incidents. :p

TQVM Chaity, Samuel & Idham. Probably we need to ask Cikgu Kenneth if it was his tagline again that got on to another aircraft! What a streak for him! :good:

Anyways just wanted to share another shot from the other day.

9M-TGG-SZB-01-07-11vacatingrunway.jpg

VIP treatment for this TH bird.

:drinks:

A pair of ATR72s in China Southern Airlines colours have landed in Subang on Saturday night (9 July) after a long flight from Urumqi-Xian-Guangzhou-Bangkok-Singapore. Interestingly, although both would have flown over Malaysia (and possibly Kuala Lumpur) enroute from Bangkok to Singapore, their final destination was Subang.

It is probable that these will emerge as Nok Air's new fleet addition and I am given the understanding that another two ATR72s may also be arriving in Subang soon for the same destiny.

KC Sim

A pair of ATR72s in China Southern Airlines colours have landed in Subang on Saturday night (9 July)

The two China Southern ATR72s are B-3023 & B-3025

Edited by MIR

SZB thread has been quite quiet lately.

I guess Southern Air left SZB already and saw SpiceJet VT-SPJ departed yesterday night from flightradar.

Just to share some shots taken just now.

DSC_0002.jpg

Learjet 60

DSC_0006.jpg

Gulfstream Aerospace G-IV-X Gulfstream G450

DSC_0055.jpg

Fokker F-28-1000C Fellowship

DSC_0060.jpg

Bombardier BD-700-1A10 Global Express

DSC_0116.jpg

Eurocopter AS-332L1 Super Puma

DSC_0131.jpg

Gulfstream Aerospace G-IV Gulfstream IV-SP

Cheers.

Edited by Keith Ng

Although registered in the US and Isle of Man, resp. the LJ60 and G4-SP are Malaysian based ? :huh:

Although registered in the US and Isle of Man, resp. the LJ60 and G4-SP are Malaysian based ? :huh:

Yes Pieter both based in Malaysia with a whole lot of other US and even Bermuda registered aircraft that are based in Subang.

Yes Pieter both based in Malaysia with a whole lot of other US and even Bermuda registered aircraft that are based in Subang.

why is that? what is the stand of the local authorities on this? why are the 'malaysian' owners not using 9M?

anyone free for a spotting on 04/08? hehe

Samuel, I should be OK for the afternoon. Maybe we can meet for lunch and then proceed to SZB.

Samuel, I should be OK for the afternoon. Maybe we can meet for lunch and then proceed to SZB.

Any of you guys have a spare Nikon telephoto lens? My 'spotting lens' is in the repair shop. I can probably drop by to say hi to you guys since I'm so free now. What time will you guys be there?

but i can't be too late. by 5 hav to back Star Hill meet my friend. :D

I got a rumour that a refurbished C-130H for Philippine Air Force is parked on the northern apron today. The C-130H was formerly operated by 21Sqn Tunisian Air Force(TS-MTA)

Edited by MIR

we spotted a C130 somewhere near sky park or Airod last Thursday. is that possible is belongs to Philippine Air Force?

why is that? what is the stand of the local authorities on this? why are the 'malaysian' owners not using 9M?

According to Malaysian Aeronautical Information Circular

AIC 02 / 2010 Private Flight Or General Aviation Operations In Malaysia (Malaysian And Foreign Registered Aircraft)

5. SAFETY OVERSIGHT FUNCTION

5.1 In order to maintain effective safety oversight to general aviation operations of foreign registered aircraft, the Department of Civil Aviation (DCA), Malaysia requires that the aircraft is to be registered under Malaysian registry if their principle base is in Malaysia and has been operating in the country more than six (6) months.

5.2 For foreign registered aircrafts currently operating in Malaysia and has exceeded the period of six (6) months, the operator or the owner, with immediate effect shall initiate the process to register the aircraft into the Malaysian registration. In the event that the operator or the owner fails to register the foreign registered aircraft, DCA shall be

notified of the reason(s) for non registration. For extended stay in Malaysia, the following conditions have to be met:

a) Ensuring that the minimum aircraft airworthiness standards are maintained.

b. Ensuring and validating the airworthiness certificate for the aircraft (C of A).

c) Overseeing the continuing airworthiness of the aircraft according to the standards, regardless of where it is operated in the world.

d) Ensuring that personnel performing maintenance work on the aircraft meets the minimum experience, knowledge and skill requirements in accordance with the requirements.

e) Ensuring that flight crew operating the aircraft meets the minimum experience, knowledge and skill requirements to safely operate the aircraft in accordance with the requirements.

f) Ensuring that operational personnel related with the aircraft operation continues to meet the standards practice.

g) Ensuring timely and appropriate actions are in place to correct all deficiencies highlighted by the flight crew on the maintenance of the aircraft and its operation.

h) Informing the organisation responsible for the type design on the faults, malfunctions, defects and other occurrences that cause or might cause adverse effects on the continuing airworthiness of the aircraft.

i) Ensuring that mandatory continuing airworthiness information from the State of Design is assessed and appropriate action is taken in a timely manner.

j) To report to DCA on any incident or accident occurred to the aircraft.

Quite often its for tax purposes, or if the aircraft is leased or funded through an offshore bank, then it is easier to gain finance if the aircraft is registered in the country the aircraft is financed in (or leased from)

Quite often its for tax purposes, or if the aircraft is leased or funded through an offshore bank, then it is easier to gain finance if the aircraft is registered in the country the aircraft is financed in (or leased from)

Another reason is if a type has not already been certified by the DCA it is avoids a lot of costs, paperwork and time by keeping in on an overseas register.

Geoff

Samuel, any photo of the C-130? The one which you mentioned parked near sky park or Airod last Thursday :pardon:

Falcon 2000LX(OY-MHA) currently en route to SZB from PER. Expected to arrive around 2015 tonight.