MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
granger

Skytrax reviewing MH 5 star rating

Shouldn't the meals being handled by local airport i.e. CX and MH flights originating from KUL will be handled by KUL side and vice versa for HKG side?

Perhaps more importantly is the quality & quantity that either CX or MH specifies for their menu (by inference, how much they are willing to pay the caterers) :D

Skytrax = Zero Credibility. Not saying MH does or does not deserve the 5 star rating, but I trust my 1.4 million bum-in-seat miles more than a site that gives ratings depending on how much you're willing to pay.

Skytrax = Zero Credibility. Not saying MH does or does not deserve the 5 star rating, but I trust my 1.4 million bum-in-seat miles more than a site that gives ratings depending on how much you're willing to pay.

absolutely! :p

Shouldn't the meals being handled by local airport i.e. CX and MH flights originating from KUL will be handled by KUL side and vice versa for HKG side?

it doesn't matter who prepare meals for flights... you can't get a pack of nasi lemak onboard CX's flight don't you? ;) anyhow it's so much about personal preference, as what I've experienced MH really do offer better meals...

From Malaysia Airlines FB, two arwards MH won by World Travel Awards.

308482_263651127008872_185723778134941_809084_412176109_n.jpg

Malaysia Airlines

Not one, but TWO awards! Malaysia Airlines was awarded as Asia’s Leading Airline and Asia’s Leading Airline Lounge (Malaysia Airlines Golden Lounge KL International Airport) at the World Travel Awards last night for 2011! We'd like to thank everyone especially our Fans for making this possible!

Edited by Ikman Ikreza

I have had enough of Nasi Lemak on board... can't MH offer some western meal sometimes too? Like pasta?

I can tell you now, I'd happily have nasi lemak a million times over a pasta meal. I get those all the time on western carriers...

As for their 5-star rating, does anyone really care? I've flown with quite a number of airlines over my lifetime and I have alwaqys enjoyed flying MH. In premium classes, they are my first choice for long-haul flights. They are definitely 5-star in the air but probably more 4-star on the ground. Their IT department is 2-star only!!

As for their 5-star rating, does anyone really care? I've flown with quite a number of airlines over my lifetime and I have alwaqys enjoyed flying MH. In premium classes, they are my first choice for long-haul flights. They are definitely 5-star in the air but probably more 4-star on the ground. Their IT department is 2-star only!!

I seconded you Josh T.

That was what I wanted to say in my previous reply. Be it 2, 3, 4, or even 5, it's people's choice to fly or not to fly with the blue-red 'golden' kite

Now I have 3 options, and soon it will be 2. My work doesn't require me to go overseas, hence the limitation of other FSC carrier choices. But whatever award or star comes, I always support local product!

I have had enough of Nasi Lemak on board... can't MH offer some western meal sometimes too? Like pasta?

nasi lemak in my opinion is zillion times better than pasta meal which was frequently offered by other carriers...

But it's always the same... Imagine a business traveller has to travel back and forth on KUL - KCH - KUL - KCH... all meals are nasi lemak... yuck...

But whatever award or star comes, I always support local product!

Not if charging premium price while giving over rated service.

nasi lemak in my opinion is zillion times better than pasta meal which was frequently offered by other carriers...

Guess you belong to the group of people that can eat nasi lemank 365 days/year.

Their IT department is 2-star only!!

Josh, you are two-kind?

In my POV they should be fired and their SI/Supplier terminated. The website is full of bugs, missing pages and a disgrace...

Not if charging premium price while giving over rated service.

Guess you belong to the group of people that can eat nasi lemank 365 days/year.

i cannot take nasi lemak 365days/year but it's true that only local carriers offer nasi lemak onboard.

Josh, you are two-kind?

In my POV they should be fired and their SI/Supplier terminated. The website is full of bugs, missing pages and a disgrace...

Could you cite the bugs in detail so that I can forward it to the respective persons to rectify it.

Could you cite the bugs in detail so that I can forward it to the respective persons to rectify it.

Not a bug, but can you ask them to update the numbers of new A330 and 738 in service? Wikipedia is more reliable in this aspect than MH's own website.

Having said that, most of my bookings were done online and never had any problems with the website. I also use online check-in and always get what I want with no dramas.

Not a bug, but can you ask them to update the numbers of new A330 and 738 in service? Wikipedia is more reliable in this aspect than MH's own website.

Having said that, most of my bookings were done online and never had any problems with the website. I also use online check-in and always get what I want with no dramas.

No problems, I think it'll be a quick fix.

Since you ask for 1, I recently faced some problem booking a flight for my aunt BKI - SDK. After selecting the flight and gave the passenger name we proceeded to make payment. The system froze. When I re-book the system didn't allow probably due to passenger name was the same. Payment with M2U.

Maybe economy class different star rating too.

Since you ask for 1, I recently faced some problem booking a flight for my aunt BKI - SDK. After selecting the flight and gave the passenger name we proceeded to make payment. The system froze. When I re-book the system didn't allow probably due to passenger name was the same. Payment with M2U.

Ok, I'll see what they can do with this.

I can tell you now, I'd happily have nasi lemak a million times over a pasta meal. I get those all the time on western carriers...

Skytrax is probably the most realiable at of all of these "rating" agencies. It gives a FAIRLY accurate account. Of course, except for MH that is.

Really! Are you kidding me?? Sorry, I beg to differ. Their premium long-haul product, though on par a couple of years ago, is no match for is slipping behind the competition. It's not just J that matters. After all, a good chunk of MH experiences are in Y where I have to say, too much has been chopped away and again, seats that I can only associate with dreadful US legacy carriers. Yes, please give me an earful on service standards. Really, for a non-Malaysian, I feel no different than on TG or SQ, where I've got a newer product altogether, with I on par or well slightly below par service standards with MH.

MAS a 5-star carrier? Used to be. Now? Not really, it's more of a 4 star. MH needs to stop using its service as a scapegoat for its tired fleet, outdated hardware and of course its mundane choice of new products.

MH, be a business. Do the right things. If it means cutting back on labour and increasing productivity. POTONG! And stop being lulled into price wars. Be a business, product proliferation and complexity reign supreme in your oligopolisitic market. BE A BUSINESS!

Oh wait ade pemerintah...sigh

In the hotel trade, number of star given is subject to choice and quality of hotel facilities, room, bed, pillow, bed sheet, bathroom, amenity, cutlery, restaurants, service, dinnerware, experience vs expectation, etc.

How do we assign star to airline? Choice and quality of seat, amenity, food, IFE, service, cutlery, dinnerware, experience vs expectation, etc?

If one rate MH objectively and benchmark with SQ, TG, EY, EK, CX and GA will probably find MH 5 star for EY especially on regional is ‘syok sendiri’ :pardon:

Was curious so I dropped into Skytrax website and its true, MH is still under review for 5 star rating

The rating calls for over 750 assessment.

I must imagine its quite a detail assessment right down to the toilet paper they use

================================================================================

The World's 5-Star Airlines™ The exclusive top-tier Star Ranking, awarded to airlines achieving the highest Quality performance. 5 Star Airline status recognizes the airlines at the forefront of product and service delivery Quality achievement. The 5-Star Airline Ranking is applied by Skytrax after detailed Product and Service audit analysis for every airline.

A 5 Star ranking recognises highest standard of Product and Service Delivery Quality across more than 750 assessment categories, for both Onboard and Airport environments - airline's delivering consistent and inspired 5-Star service to their customers.

grey729_1.gif dwn46.gif VIEW RANKING

dwn46.gif 5-STAR AIRLINE

dwn46.gif CUSTOMER REVIEWS

grey729_1.gif5strapt20.gifAsiana Airlines5-Star Airline rankinggrey16_7.gifAsiana Airlines grey729_1.gif5strapt20.gifCathay Pacific Airways5-Star Airline rankinggrey16_7.gifCathay Pacific grey729_1.gif5strapt20.gifHainan Airlines5-Star Airline rankinggrey16_7.gifHainan Airlines grey729_1.gif5strapt20.gifKingfisher Airlines5-Star Airline rankinggrey16_7.gifKingfisher Airlines grey729_1.gif5strapt20.gifQatar Airways5-Star Airline rankinggrey16_7.gifQatar Airways grey729_1.gif5strapt20.gifSingapore Airlines5-Star Airline rankinggrey16_7.gifSingapore Airlines grey729_1.gif5str_review.gifMalaysia AirlinesUNDER REVIEWgrey16_7.gifMalaysia Airlines grey729_1.gif

Perhaps fix the Miles calculator in the enrich website..

And miles transfer function won't work online, it won't receive payment..

Perhaps fix the Miles calculator in the enrich website..

And miles transfer function won't work online, it won't receive payment..

Tadda!

Not the MH I used to recognize...

But whatever award or star comes, I always support local product!

Same here - except that I only support products that show excellence and good value for money. I do not want to promote mediocrity.

Sign in to follow this